So we missed a couple recruits | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

So we missed a couple recruits

How is redshirting disappointing? It was the smart decision?
When Moyerwas recruited, many were rejoicing saying he was a prize and would surpise people his freshmen year. Funny thing he was so good he redshirted his freshmen year. I DO look forward to seeing him play this year and hopes he does surprise us his SOPHOMORE year.

When Moyerwas recruited, many were rejoicing saying he was a prize and would surpise people his freshmen year. Funny thing he was so good he redshirted his freshmen year. I DO look forward to seeing him play this year and hopes he does surprise us his SOPHOMORE year.
He was hurt. He got hurt before he got he. I for one, never thought he was going to be some star but try and be fair. They kid was red shirted because he was injured.

Funny thing is he hurt his foot over the summer. Couldn't work out or practice.

He was injured before last season.

Thank you for making my point for me. Let me make this brief and simple (and end this back and forth with your walls of text). PC was indeed expected to contribute and didn't -- whether from an eye injury or not. He could have been in there all season - and guess what - it likely wouldn't have mattered in the grand scheme of things (aka making the NCAA). Further, if we were all hanging our hats on MM providing depth and some kind of significant contribution, from all accounts we were in for a rude awakening.

Not sure where you see I said it was "good for the team" that these players went down lol? Your point was that our fates were somehow sealed with the 'devastating injuries' in the front court, that this caused the team to under perform, and that other teams like Duke wouldn't have been able to cope either :/. What's abundantly clear to most on here is that DC, PC and MM could have been playing all season and we still would have struggled, and that those injuries are not a good excuse for why we failed to make the tournament.

Now go enjoy your 4th and have a beer.
My "walls of text" lol? Sorry, I'll try to make things shorter from now on. I know the other guys would have played some, just not as much -- but there's not much doubt we took a hit on experience (starting center), size (7/2") and depth (moyer). So there you have it. But I agree that we had a flawed team, including the injured guys.

Have a good one, also.

Between the booze and pool I'm quite drained. Didn't expect this. Lol.

Well, I guess I can't talk smack and I'm always down for pictures. I'm sure I can't post some I took during during our trip this weekend, probably get banned.

And let the record show I am wearing a Cuse shirt in the first one and supporting Hop in the second one with my Washington shirt. People can say what they will about me around here but you'll never find a guy that loves this program as much as me.

k3sAzXB.jpg

P9jyv04.jpg
Jeez Louise bro, don't let Jim catch a hold of these pics. The force has always been strong with you and speaking of which, where's Jim? My wife has gone missing again. :)

Jeez Louise bro, don't let Jim catch a hold of these pics. The force has always been strong with you and speaking of which, where's Jim? My wife has gone missing again. :)

I'll keep the "other" pics to myself. hahaha

My recollection was that he wasn't a so called "prized" recruit but more or less in the mold of a Ryan Blackwell type in regards to expectations. Time will tell...but I'd take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday's. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom