So we missed a couple recruits | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

So we missed a couple recruits

You and Doc5 should get together. Two thirds of our bigs go down, we go from 9 serviceable players to 6, and you both think it's good for the team. Whatever.

Stop talking like they were integral parts of this team, who sits in favor of have a stiff and a guy with a 2 inch vertical who may be the worst (probably second worse behind Thompson) interior defensive player we've ever had? Nobody sits. White still plays, Lydon still plays and Thompson still plays.

It's a poor poor poor excuse to justify our record.

Stop talking like they were integral parts of this team, who sits in favor of have a stiff and a guy with a 2 inch vertical who may be the worst (probably second worse behind Thompson) interior defensive player we've ever had? Nobody sits. White still plays, Lydon still plays and Thompson still plays.

If you get a chance, head over to the recruiting board. We got a real good player today. I saw that you haven't had a chance to celebrate with the rest of us.

If you get a chance, head over to the recruiting board. We got a real good player today. I saw that you haven't had a chance to celebrate with the rest of us.

Was too busy enjoying my day off with my hot girlfriend.

Yes, a great recruit and I'm ecstatic. Think he'll be an excellent player for us.

Pics?:p

I was a couple hours late to the party. My daughter wouldn't let me out of the pool. I checked my phone and was like...what!? Really didn't expect this today.

Yes, a great recruit and I'm ecstatic. Think he'll be an excellent player for us.
But you still had time to correct a poster who used excuses about injuries to explain last season. I would think it would be easy to break away from that hot girl friend one more second since you posted that after 7 p.m.

Pics?:p

I was a couple hours late to the party. My daughter wouldn't let me out of the pool. I checked my phone and was like...what!? Really didn't expect this today.

Between the booze and pool I'm quite drained. Didn't expect this. Lol.

Well, I guess I can't talk smack and I'm always down for pictures. I'm sure I can't post some I took during during our trip this weekend, probably get banned.

And let the record show I am wearing a Cuse shirt in the first one and supporting Hop in the second one with my Washington shirt. People can say what they will about me around here but you'll never find a guy that loves this program as much as me.

k3sAzXB.jpg

P9jyv04.jpg

But you still had time to correct a poster who used excuses about injuries to explain last season. I would think it would be easy to break away from that hot girl friend one more second since you posted that after 7 p.m.

I was taking a crap sitting on the John.

I live on the west coast.

You sound like the man.

Really thats all? Your negative takes are always way more in depth.

They're not negative, they're realistic.

I like the kid, everything's already been said about his skills, why would I piggyback on those posts for likes when it's all been said? Sounds kind of stupid.

I live on the west coast.
lol what difference does that make? You corrected a poster on his 'excuses" but didn't take the time to celebrate our recruit. Priorities.

They're not negative, they're realistic.

I like the kid, everything's already been said about his skills, why would I piggyback on those posts for likes when it's all been said? Sounds kind of stupid.
Come on. It's a matter of being enthusiastic or happy. Or one can dwell on last season.

lol what difference does that make? You corrected a poster on his 'excuses" but didn't take the time to celebrate our recruit. Priorities.

I didn't even know we signed him. I hopped on, saw a reply to my post and replied then went back to grab a drink and hop in the pool.

Do I seriously have to defend this? Lol

I didn't even know we signed him. I hopped on, saw a reply to my post and replied then went back to grab a drink and hop in the pool.

Do I seriously have to defend this? Lol
No. You don't. And you are not alone among those that have been unhappy that haven't posted tonight. It's just a matter I think, of what you want to post about.

Come on. It's a matter of being enthusiastic or happy. Or one can dwell on last season.

I'm very enthusiastic about this kid and when I saw we signed him made a post about it right away in the recruiting thread.

I know you don't like me dude but I actually agree with you more often than not, but you're kinda sounding trollish towards me at this point.

I'm very enthusiastic about this kid and when I saw we signed him made a post about it right away in the recruiting thread.

I know you don't like me dude but I actually agree with you more often than not, but you're kinda sounding trollish towards me at this point.
As a matter of fact, I don't dislike you at all. It was good natured ribbing.

As a matter of fact, I don't dislike you at all. It was good natured ribbing.

In that case I think we can all agree that THIS is the type of recruit that we needed.

Not to discredit whats come in but we needed to make a splash, this kids a splash.

She's hot, two3, kudos. I was joking about asking for pics but yeah, she's very attractive. And she will date a guy in a headband, a lei and what looks like an Always Reppin' shirt? She's a keeper.:cool:

She's hot, two3, kudos. I was joking about asking for pics but yeah, she's very attractive. And she will date a guy in a headband, a lei and what looks like an Always Reppin' shirt? She's a keeper.:cool:

Yeah, totally the Always Reppin shirt, interesting combo, not even sure what unmatching shorts I was wearing. Kickoff to summer bash at my local bar, not sure how I ended up with the lei or headband.

No
Between the booze and pool I'm quite drained. Didn't expect this. Lol.

Well, I guess I can't talk smack and I'm always down for pictures. I'm sure I can't post some I took during during our trip this weekend, probably get banned.

And let the record show I am wearing a Cuse shirt in the first one and supporting Hop in the second one with my Washington shirt. People can say what they will about me around here but you'll never find a guy that loves this program as much as me.

k3sAzXB.jpg

P9jyv04.jpg
Now that's a great get! Was G Mac the lead recruiter?

I"m not saying the injuries were the ONLY reason -- in case you're making the same straw man argument as Doc5. I recognize, as Jordoo posted, that the guys we had left (with 2 exceptions) were flawed players. And obviously, the guys that were injured had their issues. But the losses were still significant in terms of experience, depth and rebounding. You don't lose your starting senior center, a backup center who's 7'2, and a back up PF -- leaving only 6 serviceable players on the team -- and not struggle. Would we have struggled without the injuries ... probably some but not as much (IMO). We could have played DC/Chukwu and let TL play his natural position, with TT backing him up and Moyer providing depth.

Clearly, attributing all the problems to injuries would be overstating the case. But dismissing the injuries as non-factors is just wrong.

Last edited:
Said every year with not much coming true. Funny, I think we have had a pretty successful basketball run for the last 40+ years. A lot of it just had to have come true.
Didn't say SU wasn't successful, or recruits weren't working out, just that the ones who were suppose to be big surpries usually weren't there freshmen year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom