So what's TD do from here? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So what's TD do from here?

As much as there was all that chatter in the pre season about not playing two quarterbacks and settling on one guy...I don’t see how that’s going to happen at this point in the season. I think we have two guys capable of starting at QB and they will both be out there on field for the rest of the season. Having to have teams prepare for two different offenses might prove to be challenging and I think we end up riding out the hot hand and whichever QB is giving us the best look on a game to game basis.

Obviously tonight, the staff thought it would be GS and we got the win and that’s what matters. Although I’m not personally sure how GS is going to continue to pick up wins once we start going up against ACC level defenses and competition.

Let’s be honest, yes this Liberty squad we beat is a competent football team and I’m happy we rode with GS and got the win, but they’re a good team because they have an NFL QB in Malik Willis, not because of their defense...and GS leaves a lot to be desired throwing the ball. Showing up for 6/15 is not going to get it done as we progress through the season against better defenses, especially running a Sean Tucker heavy lead offense, because teams will be able to scheme and slow down the run and force the pass more.

Speaking of the man the myth, Sean Tucker though, he clearly carried the offense tonight and is the reason why we scored enough point to pick up the win, imo. I think it’s a bit far fetched to rag on TD and say that he wouldn’t have been able to do enough to pick the win also. First off, you can’t say even say TD wouldn’t have won that same game, because it wouldn’t have been the same game and we would have been running a complete different offense which would have changed the direction of the game...but the point being, is that Sean Tucker carried the O, that same offense tonight will have a much more challenging time vs. other ACC teams and that it’s not fair to outright dismiss TD based off of how the game unfolded today.

It’s clear many of posters here, hate TD because of a personal vendetta with him and not because GS is far and away the better option. I think it will be interesting to see how we scheme with both these QBs for the rest of the year and how we will be able to keep teams on their toes about our offense and play calling. I definitely expect both guys to be playing, I think we are better off that way.

Last edited:
I've been in his shoes before albeit not in football. Id transfer after the year is over but just help the team while he can for now.

I really don't know what QB is best for us going forward, but I do think TD would have had 2 TDs on Shraders 15 attempts tonight.
I guess it's possible. I doubt he would have the rushing touchdowns or the yardage to get closer on the last field goal. He might have been sacked more as well. I think TD will get plenty of further opportunities. Let's hope being a second option loosens him up instead of having the opposite effect.

I guess it's possible. I doubt he would have the rushing touchdowns or the yardage to get closer on the last field goal. He might have been sacked more as well. I think TD will get plenty of further opportunities. Let's hope being a second option loosens him up instead of having the opposite effect.

i think this is setting up for two qbs per game. Neither guy can do what the other can. Curious if Dino has the ability to pull it off

TD is facing adversity. Hopefully the answer is he bucks up and does whatever he needs to do to help the team win. Hopefully he uses the adversity to help himself get better . That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. After the season he can make what ever determinations he needs to for himself. Hopefully people are not implying he will fold or is a quitter because he has hurt himself on the field for this team and worked hard to get better.

As much as there was all that chatter in the pre season about not playing two quarterbacks and settling on one guy...I don’t see how that’s going to happen at this point in the season. I think we have two guys capable of starting at QB and they will both be out there on field for the rest of the season. Having to have teams prepare for two different offenses might prove to be challenging and I think we end up riding out the hot hand and whichever QB is giving us the best look on a game to game basis.

Obviously tonight, the staff thought it would be GS and we got the win and that’s what matters. Although I’m not personally sure how GS is going to continue to pick up wins once we start going up against ACC level defenses and competition.

Let’s be honest, yes this Liberty squad we beat is a competent football team and I’m happy we rode with GS and got the win, but they’re a good team because they have an NFL QB in Malik Willis, not because of their defense...and GS leaves a lot to be desired throwing the ball. Showing up for 6/15 is not going to get it done as we progress through the season against better defenses, especially running a Sean Tucker heavy lead offense, because teams will be able to scheme and slow down the run and force the pass more.

Speaking of the man the myth, Sean Tucker though, he clearly carried the offense tonight and is the reason why we scored enough point to pick up the win, imo. I think it’s a bit far fetched to rag on TD and say that he wouldn’t have been able to do enough to pick the win also. First off, you can’t say even say TD wouldn’t have won that same game, because it wouldn’t have been the same game and we would have been running a complete different offense which would have changed the direction of the game...but the point being, is that Sean Tucker carried the O, that same offense tonight will have a much more challenging time vs. other ACC teams and that it’s not fair to outright dismiss TD based off of how the game unfolded today.

It’s clear many of posters here, hate TD because of a personal vendetta with him and not because GS is far and away the better option. I think it will be interesting to see how we scheme with both these QBs for the rest of the year and how we will be able to keep teams on their toes about our offense and play calling. I definitely expect both guys to be playing, I think we are better off that way.
It's not personal. His per pass numbers are bad despite eating the ball which inflates those per pass numbers

And I think we win by 14 with TD. agree to disagree
What was interesting to me is that Vegas either sees them as the same (the line never moved) or Vegas knew all week. Sharps hammered +7s .

There is no algorithm where we are 11 pts better with TD.

TD is facing adversity. Hopefully the answer is he bucks up and does whatever he needs to do to help the team win. Hopefully he uses the adversity to help himself get better . That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. After the season he can make what ever determinations he needs to for himself. Hopefully people are not implying he will fold or is a quitter because he has hurt himself on the field for this team and worked hard to get better.
According to dino at the PC there was no plan to give TD reps against liberty. The way he is talking about this feels like we aren’t running a 2 QB system. I imagine he supports the team throughout the year wether he starts or not and then looks for a place he can start wether it’s G5 or FCS

Transfers to Rutgers and destroys us next year :)
This would not surprise me at all.

Rutgers needs a QB. They have a running back and a defense. If their Oline can hold up against B10 teams, I could easily see Rutgers as his destination.

I, for one, am so disappointed. Kid showed so much potential as a frosh behind Dungey and then spent two years getting absolutely murdered because we literally trotted out the worst oline in FBS football two years running. You cannot teach that arm.

If he does not win the starting job back and he does decide to enter the portal, I hope he ends up someplace where he can improve on his weaknesses and can showcase that ability to make every throw.

Tommy has thrown 1 TD all year but you think he’d throw 2 tonight?

You literally quoted me saying exactly that...so...

The transitive property rarely applies in football or any sport for that matter. I think he played real well for the most part, but I also think Shrafer missed a couple wide open throws tonight.

1632580964247.png

Nobody here hates TD...he seems like a great young man. There might be a few (me included) who despise his father but, hopefully, that doesn't influence their perception of TD.

BTW, it's really becoming annoying that there is almost zero credit given to the OL while raving about Tuck's performance. They have run blocked extremely well so far.

Rutgers needs a QB. They have a running back and a defense. If their Oline can hold up against B10 teams, I could easily see Rutgers as his destination.

I, for one, am so disappointed. Kid showed so much potential as a frosh behind Dungey and then spent two years getting absolutely murdered because we literally trotted out the worst oline in FBS football two years running. You cannot teach that arm.

If he does not win the starting job back and he does decide to enter the portal, I hope he ends up someplace where he can improve on his weaknesses and can showcase that ability to make every throw.
Am I missing something here? Are we playing Rutgers next year? I didn’t think last years game was rescheduled yet but I’m not up on all of that…

Based on what everyone has seen, I’d bet Schiano has a higher bar for a senior transfer. Imagine there are some recruiting/relationship reasons to throw him a bone but I don’t think he needs that.

I don’t think his story is done here. He’ll get more chances this year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see HCDB start TD against FSU. They are stout against the run anyways, and if we can't mount an effective passing game, Norvell will stack the box with 9 defenders.
Just as the SU coaches felt that Sharader gave us the best chance against the Liberty D, TD's skillset may provide us with the best chance to move the ball against FSU.

According to dino at the PC there was no plan to give TD reps against liberty. The way he is talking about this feels like we aren’t running a 2 QB system. I imagine he supports the team throughout the year wether he starts or not and then looks for a place he can start wether it’s G5 or FCS
Tommy won't guit, and will be a good teammate, and help the team win this year. It's about winning, not personal accolades.

Tommy won't guit, and will be a good teammate, and help the team win this year. It's about winning, not personal accolades.
That’s all fine and good to say. But at the end of the day if you have post college ambitions (whether or not they are realistic) sitting on the bench and playing a few quarters of a game won’t help you. It’s why I said I expect him to transfer after the season