So what's TD do from here? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

So what's TD do from here?

Agreed. They will hand the ball to Tucker with Shrader at QB.

Even if they mix up the running game to have some 2 back sets like we saw, and planned calls like QB draws for Shrader, they are still going to have to throw the ball 15-20 times a game to keep teams honest. Sure, a few of those can be screens, which we saw he has pretty decent touch on.

They are going to need slants to the slot, TE over the middle, and still keep throwing the quick outs to the side where you have 2 or 3 WRs.

If he is going to throw more than 10 yards downfield, I like his chances on post patterns better than deep on the sidelines. He wasn't close on several of those.

Let him use quick passes all over the field, roll the pocket for R/P option. Shrader can be a decent to a plus QB, depending on how quickly his throwing mechanics return, and how much they are willing to put in plays that better suit his skills.

So what’s the lie? “After this guy graduates, you’ll start for the next 3 years.”

I guess it needs to be understood by everyone that there’s “as long as you get the job done” written in the fine print. Would seem to be obvious in sports but...
Did TD lie to Babers and say that he could go through his progressions?

We've been watching Tommy for 4 years. That's what I'm talking about.

He throws short of the down marker, takes unnecessary sacks, has no pocket presence, runs out of bounds when flushed from the pocket instead of throwing it away.

EVERY SINGLE YEAR. It's who he is.
And his rate stats which don't tell the story are still subpar

He should put on his big boy pants and work hard in practice. Earn your spot back. This is a good competition. If he wants to leave after the season, then fine. But this is your school and your team for now. You want it, work for it.
Talent knows talent. He may have surmised he is never going to beat the kid out

He should put on his big boy pants and work hard in practice. Earn your spot back. This is a good competition. If he wants to leave after the season, then fine. But this is your school and your team for now. You want it, work for it.
Amen

What if playing one more game would cost you a full year of eligibility?

Yeah TD has already used his redshirt status so it doesn’t matter how many games he plays in this season.

No matter what he only will have 1? year of eligibility left after this season…I can’t remember with all the Covid extension etc

Last edited:
Yeah TD has already used his redshirt status so it doesn’t matter how many games he plays in this season.

No matter what he only will have 2? years of eligibility left after this season…I can’t remember with all the Covid extension etc
Pretty sure he only has one year left. I assume he’s gone after the season. Even if he wins the starting job back I think he now knows babers is trying to recruit over him. Wouldn’t blame him for going somewhere that he can play in his last season.

Pretty sure he only has one year left. I assume he’s gone after the season. Even if he wins the starting job back I think he now knows babers is trying to recruit over him. Wouldn’t blame him for going somewhere that he can play in his last season.

Oh I agree, I think no matter what he’s gone and I think that’s the best option forward for him, Dino and Syracuse football

Play Qb for SU. The other team will not expect him to play and you can plan periodic Downs for like a wildcat SU has the most Blaise offense in college ball. His limited participation may add some spice to the wet cardboard O.

They try to recruit over every position. If he doesn't play again or is used very sparingly, I'd imagine he's gone. But we're a long long way from that.

Step 1 is Shrader beating 9 in the box this weekend.

They try to recruit over every position. If he doesn't play again or is used very sparingly, I'd imagine he's gone. But we're a long long way from that.

Step 1 is Shrader beating 9 in the box this weekend.
Absolutely I didn’t mean that as a knock to devito or babers. More so seems like he may feel for the first time that babers thinks he’s not the answer. Hard to get that back.

Surprised he’s still doing his press this week. Good sign. Be interested to give it a listen.

he sat 1 game against a defense that could not stop the run. let's not panic. if the shredder picks the noles apart with his arm then yes tommy's jersey ain't getting dirty anytime soon.

QB W/L record in a team game is probably the most overrated metric
Hmmm while I agree somewhat with what you are saying. Fact is the D was holding up the offense in the majority of those games until they wore out. TD has shown nothing this year that has me saying he absolutely deserves QB1, that being said, neither has GS. 4 games in and I still can't form a real opinion on this team other than certainly feels like we're playing better football than the past two years. I've been very vocal about my displeasure in Dino the past two years. Right now though, he's done enough for me so far to keep my mouth shut and hope that we can sustain our ability to compete down to the wire. I honestly think, barring major injury, that we go to a bowl with either TD or GS behind our running and defense. Do we keep up with teams that can score 40+ a game? Doubt it. Can we wear 3 more teams down to get to a bowl? I think we can.

Hmmm while I agree somewhat with what you are saying. Fact is the D was holding up the offense in the majority of those games until they wore out. TD has shown nothing this year that has me saying he absolutely deserves QB1, that being said, neither has GS. 4 games in and I still can't form a real opinion on this team other than certainly feels like we're playing better football than the past two years. I've been very vocal about my displeasure in Dino the past two years. Right now though, he's done enough for me so far to keep my mouth shut and hope that we can sustain our ability to compete down to the wire. I honestly think, barring major injury, that we go to a bowl with either TD or GS behind our running and defense. Do we keep up with teams that can score 40+ a game? Doubt it. Can we wear 3 more teams down to get to a bowl? I think we can.

This is the boat I am in right here

If Tommy saying he thinks he should be the starter a couple of weeks ago is the worst thing he’s done/said off of the football field idk how anyone has a negative thing to say about him in that light. Idk what “crap” there has been enough of haha

All of us would at the very least be mildly upset if we were in his shoes and, more importantly, gotta separate the kid from his father and what he’s said publicly on here or privately to anyone.

I really don’t know who’s a better quarterback and I’m fine with Dino giving GS the nod but I’m pretty certain both guys are going to have chances in big moments on the field this season.

I don’t think he really has any options. Just finish out the season with SU and call it a career. No shame in that at all.