So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

So I now have heard from a few people a number of things.

One non-inside piece that was spoke about on orange nation is exit interviews with Red are this evening. So that explains plenty.

What I’ve heard jives with whats been mentioned on the forum. One assistant and several players.

99 out of 100 Cuse seasons I’d be freaking out right now.

Not this one. There needs to be some blood letting and if whats been said is true, its some addition by subtraction. I support Red and think he’ll get the right guys in place this offseason.

So I now have heard from a few people a number of things.

One non-inside piece that was spoke about on orange nation is exit interviews with Red are this evening. So that explains plenty.

What I’ve heard jives with whats been mentioned on the forum. One assistant and several players.

99 out of 100 Cuse seasons I’d be freaking out right now.

Not this one. There needs to be some blood letting and if whats been said is true, its some addition by subtraction. I support Red and think he’ll get the right guys in place this offseason.
didn’t know anything about the orangenation chat leak about G Mac but that makes sense.

Anybody hear anything about staff members leaving? Someone fairly credible posted it in the chat during OrangeNation today.
There was mention in another thread here, and I believe by more than 1 poster...that Gerry may be on his way out. I do not know the validity, just answering you

Would not be surprised if he is pushing for any and every MAAC or Patriot opening. His current window of opportunity may be closing faster than he thought was possible five years ago.
It must be he just wants his own program and it isn’t about money. Have to think that the associate HC at Syracuse pays a heck of a lot more than a HC in the MAAC OR Patriot. Just please keep him out of the ACC in any capacity.

He might leave for reasons other than bad behavior, right? Like maybe Red doesn't want to turn the keys over to a guy who values getting on sportscenter over taking care of the ball?
Lol. If we were playing hot or cold you would be antartica

If GMac were to leave, have to think Mike Boynton would get a look fresh off his removal from Ok. St with deep NYC ties like Red
We have Griff AND Red for that already. If Gmac gets a job somewhere we need a coach with connections somewhere else.

It must be he just wants his own program and it isn’t about money. Have to think that the associate HC at Syracuse pays a heck of a lot more than a HC in the MAAC OR Patriot. Just please keep him out of the ACC in any capacity.
The Maac you’re right, but I’d have to think Colgate pays around a million.

This would suck! Only reason I see him leaving is Hop got a new job and he is going with him.
Wouldn't surprise me. I posted this possibility when it was known Hop was being fired but others on here shot me down. I've thought for awhile GMac might leave.

This is your post below from page 13 of this thread Scott. You start your criticism (trashing?) of Q after the first paragraph. In your final paragraph you bunch Benny, Q and a few others as basically bad guys who are uncommitted and imply bad behavior levels. My point here is there is no need to target Dash. Dash has contacts and you have contacts. You both share data points.

Quadir is a tough one. I would want him to stay. He’s athletic, unafraid and can play at this level. I would like to think that Red could coach him up. He is willing to rebound and his shot, while not good, should improve as his mechanics are not terrible.

On the flipside as I have complained about before, he does not prioritize taking care of the ball, and is more interested about getting on sportsCenter. He is not a good shooter and cannot finish with his left hand. His defense somehow has gotten a pass from many on this board, but it is awful.

I think a big factor that some have alluded to although not directly on this board is that the team is somewhat divided. On one hand, you had the four of Benny, Judah, Q and Bell. On the other hand, you have Maliq, JJ, JT and Cuffe. The level of commitment to team and the behavior level is so much greater for the latter four that it isn’t close. We have seen immature and disrespectful behavior from the first four repeatedly and it really is up to Red to decide how much he can take. But I think it is pretty clear that he is looking for his team to adopt a mindset of the latter four next year.
Putting aside your need to defend Dasher, which I find odd, I disagree with your comments. My issues with Quadir, as I've stated, are his recklessness play and immaturity (trash talking with students on the road etc.). I haven't ever said he is a problem off the court. Actually I've said the opposite, which is what Dasher responded to. Dasher has suggested he is a problem child with many issues off the court to the point that he is difficult to coach (but I am paraphrasing, go check out his comments). I think it that is unfair based on what I've seen on the court and been told.

Putting aside your need to defend Dasher, which I find odd, I disagree with your comments. My issues with Quadir, as I've stated, are his recklessness play and immaturity (trash talking with students on the road etc.). I haven't ever said he is a problem off the court. Actually I've said the opposite, which is what Dasher responded to. Dasher has suggested he is a problem child with many issues off the court to the point that he is difficult to coach (but I am paraphrasing, go check out his comments). I think it that is unfair based on what I've seen on the court and been told.
Its not unfair. Trust me

Actually Scott, I haven't trashed him at all. I have never said any of the things I have heard. Not once. But, if you are correct, then I'm sure the coach and his staff will work something out where he returns.
I’ve heard he is loyal and loves CUSE

You also said that I have trashed him. I have not. I have not said any of the details that I do know. That was what that poster, I think, was "defending".

He is by far the best recruiter on staff despite being with us for one year. Straughn would be my first choice to keep.

I agree and we are already linked to high-level portal transfers in Reynolds and Mack because of him. He is the one that is a must-keep right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom