Sports radio question | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sports radio question

I saw the Cape May County proposal today which is asking for a partial open June 1, with a larger opening by June 15.

My week in Cape May starts July 4, so please please please get this approved.

The latest numbers show we're at the fewest cases we've had since the end of March. Things are trending downward at the moment.

What stage are we at with this virus? If it is the beginning, as i suspect, those numbers are meaningless. Not long ago, we didn't have any deaths. We are over 70,000 now. What do you think it will be by Sept.? We have done very little for mediation. We are not all that close to a vaccine. I want to go to games as much as anyone. But it in my opinion, is too soon to start talking as if the numbers are small.

We're at the get me the **** out of my house stage.

If you can wear a mask and dont rub your eyes your risk goes way down.. But it also helps if someone who has it is being safe too and thats a huge unknown with so many just walking around who dont know if they have it.

If the dome just has random testing it adds another layer.

if we all show up at bars and the dome like this even better

1588878880261.png

Travel is what the issue is..

Seneca and other counties could almost open up completely and have very little spread but once people come in from other areas who knows..

What stage are we at with this virus? If it is the beginning, as i suspect, those numbers are meaningless. Not long ago, we didn't have any deaths. We are over 70,000 now. What do you think it will be by Sept.? We have done very little for mediation. We are not all that close to a vaccine. I want to go to games as much as anyone. But it in my opinion, is too soon to start talking as if the numbers are small.
I see your point but China who had it first isn’t experiencing growth in numbers

I see your point but China who had it first isn’t experiencing growth in numbers
I wouldn't believe China if they told me the sky is blue. They have withheld information about this virus right from the jump. I hope more than anything that I am wrong and that the virus is on it's last legs. But if you take out NY, Nj and Ct. the cases are going up, not down.

I am not as good a player at poker games starting with less than the desired 10 players. I have never played in a 6 player max tournament. I just don't think I would be good at that considering my style. It isn't like a tournament that winds down and I am one of the 6 players left. Totally different.

would you go to Football Game In September if there is no vaccine ?

For me I have missed 5 home games in 21 years and if I have to hesitate to answer then that means I would not attend. I’m not scared for myself, And I even think it’s getting to the point where we have to live our lives a little, but with 4 young kids and my parent creeping up on 60 just not worth it for a football game.
If you wait for a vaccine, you have seen your last live game, IMO

If you wait for a vaccine, you have seen your last live game, IMO
you think he is going to die within a year or two? Every smart guy in the world is working on a vaccine. There was less of an effort to go to the moon. I would be stunned if we didn't have a vaccine 2 years from today. If not sooner

I personally am not waiting for a vaccine, I am waiting for more of a drop off on cases at least on the east coast. I am a big risk vs reward guy, I just don't think by September things will be where I would feel comfortable sitting around 40,000 people. That being said if people want to i say have at it, you wont hear me blast anybody for that.

It appears the gloves are off now. I didn't think anything like this was even on the table.

colleges need to survive.. athletes without other kids around, lots of things being discussed.

When you have states including deaths where the person who died never tested positive for the virus (Colorado) and other states constantly revising their numbers up and down, I'll take that number with a grain of salt.

When you have states including deaths where the person who died never tested positive for the virus (Colorado) and other states constantly revising their numbers up and down, I'll take that number with a grain of salt.
It is far more likely that there are a lot more deaths than less deaths. Having said that, feel free to do what ever you want to do. i didn't answer the question would you have texaspa go to a game. It is would I go. And the answer is no. right now, it would be a foolish risk.

What do you think the number is

there is now talk and maybe has been talk for a week or so that some teams would play and some teams would not, and that conferences might play even if some of their teams cant. Talk about a mess!

Based on what? There's so many labs and so many resources devoted to vaccine development right now.
I come down on Capt. Tuttle's side. All of this talk about 12-18 months is wildly optimistic. Regardless of the number of labs working on this, getting from point A to point Z (mass distribution) for any individual vaccine is still a long process, with logistical problems that go way beyond chemical composition, efficacy, and safety.

This work must go forward, though, because this specific coronavirus will not be the last one. We've had SARS-CoV1 and SARS-CoV2 within a 20-year period. The next one is out there now, or will be shortly.

It appears the gloves are off now. I didn't think anything like this was even on the table.

If students don't return, but college athletes are back competing in college stadiums/arenas, then the whole phony construct of "student-athlete" will be dead forever. And then colleges will be conceding that their athletes are employees. Here comes disability/compensation coverage, unions, etc.

If students don't return, but college athletes are back competing in college stadiums/arenas, then the whole phony construct of "student-athlete" will be dead forever. And then colleges will be conceding that their athletes are employees. Here comes disability/compensation coverage, unions, etc.
This is great news ! My guess players go back mid June and get tested and quarantined a d start working out July 1st
6 week camp and season starts on time ... and probably with limited fans if any

This is great news ! My guess players go back mid June and get tested and quarantined a d start working out July 1st
6 week camp and season starts on time ... and probably with limited fans if any

College football will follow nfl lead regarding fans

My original prediction was January start but with drastic changes like this I could see them kicking off Labor Day weekend like normal. We went from from no kids on campus, no games to using online courses as an excuse to play. It's not even summer yet. Wait to people get really itchy for football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom