St Johns Game Thread... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

St Johns Game Thread...

Hop has not been strong in his decision making. Worries me tremendously
Why? Did you expect him to be at the top of his game from jump street? Plus, sad to say, our options are very limited.

There isn't much we can do about it. We are very small upfront. mali is a 2 playing the 3. lydon is a 3/4 playing the 5. even roberson is small for a 4. And dc just can't move.
Play the lineup without Coleman and just switch everything. Man to Man. They will never be able to rebound out of the zone with this team. NEVER. They are too spread out defensively and are not big enough. Richardson is VERY bad at the back of the zone.

You can't tell me Coleman and Lyndon can't post up against these guys. We have not thrown the ball into the post the entire first half. That's a major problem. They don't even move against the zone. Just stay with the man in your area and don't leave. Stop running all over the place in the zone. It's a waste of energy. We're guarding air instead of players.
DC can't make a shot. Why would you try and post him up?

One problem, I don't see Hop lighting them up at halftime the way JB would.
When G was at the line towards the end of the half, Hop was yelling at Cooneyy, he said "run the f*** play"

Cooney is just not covering that Italian marksman out top. Cooney for the most part parks his ass inside the 3 point line on defense. You just can't do that against European players who can shoot.

St Johns lost to a D2 team by 30 right?

Not only that they lost by about 50 to Vandy and lost to Fordham by 13, St. Johns is a terrible team. Unfortunately we look to be a bad team to, so many issues right now.

Play the lineup without Coleman and just switch everything. Man to Man. They will never be able to rebound out of the zone with this team. NEVER. They are too spread out defensively and are not big enough. Richardson is VERY bad at the back of the zone.
man to man, lydon will be eaten for lunch.

No way can you win like that when you play good teams, let alone the worst P5 team in hoops.

Not sure I follow you -- the Big East isn't a P5 conference, and even if they were, St. John's isn't the worst team in it.

For what it's worth, I still think we win this game.

man to man, lydon will be eaten for lunch.

Hes trying but its clear he cant play the 5 on defense, its not working and will only get worse.

We have so many options, yet we do nothing:

Howard/G/Lydon/Roberson/Coleman
Joseph/Cooney/G/Roberson/Lydon
G/Cooney/Lydon/Roberso/Coleman
Joseph/G/Richardson/Lydon/Okoboh

The possibilities are endless! Well, not endless...we could try some other rotations to address areas where we are being exploited.

We could try something...

I am out guys. Getting too aggravated. Hopefully we play better in the second half and come back.

G/Cooney/Lydon/Roberson/Lydon

The possibilities are endless! Well, not endless...we could try some other rotations to address areas where we are being exploited.

At least put howard in there.

For what it's worth, I still think we win this game.
So do I but st john's would be the worst team if they were in a P-5 league. They were a 6 pt dog to Fordham and didn't cover.

G/Cooney/Lydon/Roberson/Lydon

Or, we could play our best 5 guys which doesn't include KJ or Howard. Did you really write Okoboh?

Watching the game down here in Roatan. Great weather, but honestly...this team is painful to watch. Hoping our Saltine Warriors pull it out vs. the Redmen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom