St Johns Game Thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

St Johns Game Thread...

We've gotta find a way to win this one. This could be the type of loss that puts you in the NIT because I don't see us being much better than .500 in the league

Gbinge=great, Lydon=good, the others= meh. Looking forward to the start of our football season. Hope I am wrong, but I don't see us as a team to be reckoned with this year.

It may be a few years to have a big man presence inside...I have zero faith in that 7'2" dude next year after seeing him last year and us not having a real big man coach. Roberson just has not improved all that much.

Lydon can't stop anyone. They just go right at and around him. We won't win this game because we have 't found any answers in the zone today. Even if HOP wanted to play man, he doesn't dare to..

This is where you coach up Richardson IMO - sit him for a few minutes. Let him know he started the half strong, keep going to the rim like earlier, and only shoot the three if it's open like the last one. No more pulling up or step-backs. Play G at the three for a few minutes.

Eric15 said:
Our 23 year old senior center didn't draw iron on a layup.

Except for G, none of our guys have any feel around the basket. They basically throw it at the blackboard.

We need some big men on this team ASAP. Juco whatever. We are getting killed in the post week after week. Why do mid majors have better post players than we do

We need some big men on this team ASAP. Juco whatever. We are getting killed in the post week after week. Why do mid majors have better post players than we do

Because the NCAA took away our best post player.

Lydon can't stop anyone. They just go right at and around him. We won't win this game because we have 't found any answers in the zone today. Even if HOP wanted to play man, he doesn't dare to..

We don't even practice man as far as I know, so it's not going to happen.

This is why we have players that just take stupid shots for years - we let them.

DITTO! He's awful on defense.

We don't challenge shots around the rim very well.

I'm still going with Cooney catching fire soon.

It's just maddening to me that we are getting killed around the basket, and we have these two massive bodies on the bench who aren't good enough at basketball to be on the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom