St Johns Game Thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

St Johns Game Thread...

Less than 3 years ago I was at the final four in Atlanta after an incredible 5 year run of SU hoops...never would've dreamed we'd fall this far, this fast. We're Terrance Roberts era level right now, getting worked by scrubby St. John's teams two years in a row.

Good closeout, Roberson. Good closeout.

Cooney misses yet another three while drifting left. Not set with two feet like St. John's shooters. What.

At some point someone involved with Syracuse Basketball will have to force this team to a man to man defense.

Can G win this one? I vote, yes!

LGO!!!!!!!

Two years in a row we are going to lose this crap team. They are by far the better team today. Our offense is only one and one. Roberson has killed any momenton today because he can't make a free throw. This is embarrassing. Niagrara held them to 48 points and we have no answers.

We go on a run, get stops, then hit 1-4 free throws. Then our WORST EVER (worse than Stevie Thompson even) free throw shooter mopes on defense...this is terrible!

We're going to get blown out by St. Johns...unbelievable.

This is a depressing game. St. John's is bad, and they're just taking to us.

Man, this program has slipped.

If this score holds up, we'll be 1-3 vs St. John's and gtown since we left the big east.

I didn't think this team was great coming into the season, but if we continue to play like this we could be very close to a .500 team.

At some point someone involved with Syracuse Basketball will have to force this team to a man to man defense.

This is the Wisconsin game redux - a bad ballhandling team allowed to control the ball because the zone is passive.

Despicable. Something has to change. Figure it out. They get out rebounded by 20-30+ every game. No way can you win like that when you play good teams, let alone the worst P5 team in hoops. If you cant rebound out of your defense, something needs to change. Whether it be the defense/personnel, IDK. I am not the coach, but no way can you objectively watch a basketball team get outrebounded by 20-30+ and not think a change is needed.
Most years, even under JB, we have been a bad rebounding team. Not this bad, but usually not good. Just like most years under JB we have been a lousy free throw shooting team.

I am shocked at how a program at Syracuse's level can let it get to be point where our best option at center is a 6'8" skinny freshman who is better suited at small forward. This one is on the coaches... Gotta do better at program building than that.

I didn't think this team was great coming into the season, but if we continue to play like this we could be very close to a .500 team.
If we're lucky...

(Just kidding. I hope)

I know - when you see a white dude, go guard against the three!

two3zone said:

We have NIT written all over us.

Cooney and Robersn is so bad in the zone today,what game is Hopkins watching

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom