Stanford Attendance | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Attendance

I don’t think 10.25 for a 16 oz beer in a stadium is bad… if it’s $4-6 for a 12 oz blue light at most downtown bars, 8+ for craft, I don’t think 10.25 is unreasonable at a stadium for a tall one.
Well considering they probably pay $1.50 for it...I think $8 is more than fair

I'm not challenging you, it's just hard to have a discussion about prices when we're not talking about the actual prices. ;)

I'm sympathetic to wanting good quality food. There really is no excuse for any venue to serve garbage these days.

If a 12 oz. can of beer is $17 then I agree that's exorbitant. I'd expect that in NYC but a couple bucks cheaper in Syracuse.
Can get a 18oz at Cardinal stadium for that much

I can’t remember the last time I ate anything in the dome other than popcorn probably 35 yers ago. but I was paying $10.25 for 16 oz, blue light At the GT game. It was cold and I thought considering I was at the dome a decent price, certainly not cheap but for where you are not bad
I don’t get eating in a stadium. It’s open irregularly. No thanks. I don’t eat at the post office.

How could you not get parking?

Tickets were in the name of one particular donor, who doled them out to people. The associated parking passes were already spoken for (I think you only get one per 3 tickets ...). Great seats, but I couldn't get parking because they weren't in my name, and she was not amenable, even if I bought extra seasons to qualify for the extra pass.

I don’t get eating in a stadium. It’s open irregularly. No thanks. I don’t eat at the post office.

Hey, with all these gourmet meal plans these days, you might rethink heading down to the Post Office for some gourmet grub. You just gotta check the boxes while they're getting unloaded from the truck.

Anyone else know of a Labatt Draft stand other side of the stadium? I want to be in the undersold corner maybe 314-316. If there are no taps up there an empty row with proximity to the staircase down to the 100s will be priority. Wanted to spread out a bit too and take up some open space.

2 beer limit per guest is lame it was 4 back when all the other schools were dry in their arenas come on!

In 2009 I paid $16 for a Heineken at Yankee stadium, I'm sure it's way more now
I went to a Wednesday night game at Yankee stadium a couple of weeks ago. I paid for dinner for me and my buddy - 2 brisket sandwiches, fries and a 16 oz beer for $96! It's nucking futz.

2 tickets in 319 E, $224 on TM
2 tickets in 317 D, $159 on TM

I have plenty of thoughts on attendance. Seasons are a great option but there are many who do only make it out to 2 games a year.

Yes you can get in the building cheaper. How many of you select the 1st row at a movie theater?

Overall the team needs to consistently win. That’s our town, we support winners/events. This game, as much as it might be to us, isn’t an event. The team is 2-0 and the buzz is growing, but consistency for attendance is hard to generate in 3 weeks.

The 3rd level sidelines worried me for Ohio, they worried me for GT, and the way it’s going, they’ll worry me this week. Right wrong or otherwise, there’s a LOT of tickets over $70 available. Hard to move in 3 days.

Alabama is playing Mercer this year. It’s going to be a 60 point blowout. The game is sold out. You’re going to pay $40 just to get in the building and sit in a seat that’s the equivalent of watching a Syracuse game from the roof of Sadler Hall.

Our prices are not a problem.

Football is religion there. It’s in their DNA. Can’t use this comparison.

I agree our prices aren’t the problem, but can’t compare it to Bama.

Well considering they probably pay $1.50 for it...I think $8 is more than fair
They buy by the case. 16oz alums are probably around $22 a case with discount bulk purchase.

So yes, they have jacked their margins exponentially.

I hate Skytop. It makes me feel so far removed from the energy of the campus. And then having to take a shuttle bus is just the worst.

I went to Skytop a couple years ago because I had friends that normally don’t go tailgating up there. It is the absolute worst. The price, atmosphere, buses, just everything. I don’t care if the parking is free, I’m never going there again.

Anyone else know of a Labatt Draft stand other side of the stadium? I want to be in the undersold corner maybe 314-316. If there are no taps up there an empty row with proximity to the staircase down to the 100s will be priority. Wanted to spread out a bit too and take up some open space.

2 beer limit per guest is lame it was 4 back when all the other schools were dry in their arenas come on!

There is no draft beer available in the Dome

thank you and I also don't get expecting decent food either. Maybe at a few NBA venues but you want to talk prices?

thank you and I also don't get expecting decent food either. Maybe at a few NBA venues but you want to talk prices?
In an ideal world, the food would be really good. But if it's really that bad, can I go 4 hours without eating? Yes I think I could. Especially if I have attended the Fine Mess tailgate beforehand like so many on this board usually do. :) I do empathize with those who have kids. But at the same time, I attended games as a kid and was fine with getting a hot dog and survived.

Absolutely. When I go to a game, I don't drink beer, I rarely eat, I don't look at out of town scores, I don't use my phone except to take a picture or two, I watch the game.
I don't think I have ever been to a sporting event at the dome or a professional venue and not had a beer or two but I also know I am going to pay the premium, cost of doing business. Bitching about beer prices at a sporting event is like complaining about your taxes in NYS, there are alternatives.

As far as concessions are concerned, SU should look at the Mercedes Benz Fan First pricing.

IMG_0717.jpeg

As far as concessions are concerned, SU should look at the Mercedes Benz Fan First pricing.

View attachment 244941

The PGA did something similar in Rochester if anyone went. A lot of ticket packages had "free food and drinks" (non-alcoholic) and people left thinking it was a great deal. Of course, the food prices were baked into the ticket cost, which I assume the Falcons also do.

The PGA did something similar in Rochester if anyone went. A lot of ticket packages had "free food and drinks" (non-alcoholic) and people left thinking it was a great deal. Of course, the food prices were baked into the ticket cost, which I assume the Falcons also do.

Yeah nothing is free, pretty easy to bake a cost of a hot dog into an NFL ticket.

Can you imagine the type of problems that would happen if beer was actually cheap at sporting events?
Yep. Another huge reason for the "higher" prices.

It's really quite simple. Pay and drink or don't. I had two beers at the game vs Ga Tech, spent $21. Not really the end of the world. If I didn't want to pay it I would not, pretty straight forward

Last edited:
You guys live in a dream world. Don't drink if you don't like the prices, it's really that simple.
1) I work in the beer industry
2) I don't drink
3) I don't care how much they charge because, (see point 2) and its their business. They can charge what they want and people continue to pay for it at that price point.

I was just pointing out they have healthy margins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom