Stanford Attendance | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Attendance

I hate Skytop. It makes me feel so far removed from the energy of the campus. And then having to take a shuttle bus is just the worst.
I hear you. I love tailgating when you are near the stadium and the excitement is in the air (like at Bills games) and then you pack up and walk up to the stadium. It's so different at Skytop. Also, making us pay 30 bucks to park that far away from the Stadium is criminal. I pay 40 bucks to park in lots within walking distance of Yankee Stadium.

1) I work in the beer industry
2) I don't drink
3) I don't care how much they charge because, (see point 2) and its their business. They can charge what they want and people continue to pay for it at that price point.

I was just pointing out they have healthy margins.
Nobody is disputing the healthy margins and that it's overpriced. It goes with the territory, pay it &drink it or don't. I don't care either but people should quit whining, the choice is rather straight forward.

And it were $8, I would save $4, whoop dee damn doo. Again, cost of doing business

Because that's what it costs? Not sure the question.

Sorry, it was a joke when the discussion was about lower concession costs and they’re just “baked” into the ticket prices. So they look lower. So the “$1” extra on the ticket price is the extra cost of a hot dog.

Just a joke that only I understood lol.

This thread is funny. You can go to a game, as an adult, and last 3.5 hours without food or beer... it'd probably do a lot of us some good actually.

I still don't think ticket price matters also... if you want to go you will... if it's not on your radar a $1 ticket won't put it there

This thread is funny. You can go to a game, as an adult, and last 3.5 hours without food or beer... it'd probably do a lot of us some good actually.

I still don't think ticket price matters also... if you want to go you will... if it's not on your radar a $1 ticket won't put it there
a walk up a hill wouldn't hurt most either

By the time we walk in the Dome both of us are full from the tailgate. I do emphasize with those who have small kids with them though as they're probably on the hook for having to go to concessions.

As two adults though there's no need for us to buy anything at the Dome. Sometimes my wife sends me to get popcorn.

The fact of the matter is that you can get a season ticket to a facility that holds less than 45K fans for $99.00. If I have to pay a few more bucks for a hot dog, that's fine with me. I usually fill up my gut at the tailgate party though. Doing Octoberfest on Friday at my tailgate, (bratwurst and knockwurst with kraut, German potato salad and potato pancakes.) It will be like Danzers in a parking lot.

Yup. Make it $10 a piece upstairs. $24 a piece for a family of 4, plus parking, and minimal food and drink is going to be $200+.

No school or team is going to do that. What happens is you get fans acclimated to $10 tickets who then are actively turned off when you raise prices when the team is good. In theory you should see demand spike when the team gets better - but that’s not what actually happens. Lots of teams have tried what you suggest - there’s a reason they don’t do it anymore.

Plus the school would start undercutting season ticket holders looking to sell tickets to that game - which effectively devalues season tickets. Paying $125 for a seven game season ticket isn’t a great deal when the school signals during the season games are only worth $10.

The school has done what it can to creating pricing tiers which should be attractive to a broad audience. Dumping tickets to try to artificially create a sellout Friday would be a short term strategy with horrible long term consequences. If the prices are still too steep - then we’re not going to have a sellout and shouldn’t chase it either.

Could always do dollar dog day and see how many hot dogs Syracuse can eat! It’ll be disgusting site.

(I was coincidentally at Citi field for that promo earlier this year. Was disgustingly awesome. But of course a random mid week game that may have drawn a few extra thousand fans because of it.)

Nationals Park (for Springsteen anyway) was selling 24 oz domestic cans for $17.

So $10 for 16 oz seems about normal.

I can't do craft beer at games. God bless those of you who can. The day is always a marathon for me, not a sprint.

Last edited:
Everyone has the right to “whine” about the prices.

The problem is people who say “just pay it”

If people would stand up and stop “just paying it” the prices would drop.

Beer costs will always be at a premium as it 100% is used as deterrent from over indulging.

Almost $20 a can for a craft beer is insane. The Mich Ultras being $12 is reasonable all facts considered.

$7 for a hot dog is a bit much.

Not every single item is over priced but there are certainly some areas that’s can be improved.

If you lower the prices a bit more people buy product. More people that buy product more $$$ in their pocket.

Also my complaint isn’t so much prices but the quality of what you’re getting. 10 undercooked soggy fries for $5 isn’t fun.

If the quality is going to be poor, give me a bit more.

Again, saying people should stop complaining is absolutely a ridiculous take.

No school or team is going to do that. What happens is you get fans acclimated to $10 tickets who then are actively turned off when you raise prices when the team is good. In theory you should see demand spike when the team gets better - but that’s not what actually happens. Lots of teams have tried what you suggest - there’s a reason they don’t do it anymore.

Plus the school would start undercutting season ticket holders looking to sell tickets to that game - which effectively devalues season tickets. Paying $125 for a seven game season ticket isn’t a great deal when the school signals during the season games are only worth $10.

The school has done what it can to creating pricing tiers which should be attractive to a broad audience. Dumping tickets to try to artificially create a sellout Friday would be a short term strategy with horrible long term consequences. If the prices are still too steep - then we’re not going to have a sellout and shouldn’t chase it either.

Which is exactly what’s occurring right now with Syracuse Football.

The AD has determined they’re going to start charging single game tickets at the appropriate price and people are turned off

As a quick refresher on supply and demand - if a vendor charges $7 for a hot dog, and there is enough people buying it - that’s a signal the market has priced itself efficiently. So while what you state above is technically true, it’s also going to be an unfulfilled wish.

You can think it’s absurd that anyone would pay $7 for a hot dog. There are plenty of things which are priced at a level I - as an individual consumer - am unwilling to pay. But I’m not going to whine about the invisible hand working in ways I personally would prefer it didn’t.

I agree $7 for a hot dog is crazy - but I’m not going to spend any time complaining about it, because it’s not going to change.

Everyone has the right to “whine” about the prices.

The problem is people who say “just pay it”

Beer costs will always be at a premium as it 100% is used as deterrent from over indulging.

Almost $20 a can for a craft beer is insane. The Mich Ultras being $12 is reasonable all facts considered.

$7 for a hot dog is a bit much.

Not every single item is over priced but there are certainly some areas that’s can be improved.

If you lower the prices a bit more people buy product. More people that buy product more $$$ in their pocket.

Also my complaint isn’t so much prices but the quality of what you’re getting. 10 undercooked soggy fries for $5 isn’t fun.

If the quality is going to be poor, give me a bit more.

Again, saying people should stop complaining is absolutely a ridiculous take.
its cheap to go to the game. People are not going because they are not winning enough. You dont have to eat and drink ten beers to go...its not mandatory to be a dumbass and spend 300 per game

thank god, the taps probably cleaned once a year, hard pass
That isn't true. My senior year, I ran the deli stand at the Dome. We cleaned the tap lines after every second hoops game or once a week if there was only one home game that week.

Little early, but was just told they are expecting a big crowd for Holy Cross. I contacted my rep to try to get 2 near where I'm seated and there's basically nothing, and what's out there are priced-up resales. She said its because of this weird combination of SU doing a lot of local promotions (youth sports day) for what would otherwise be a meh game, parent's weekend, and the 2-0 start all hitting together.
That’s funny because I know several STH including myself that actually can’t go to that game.

People find reasons not to come instead of reasons to come. Some of the excuses are pretty pathetic. SU put out an email over the weekend for two tickets for $44. That’s ridiculously reasonable.
I don’t understand the need to judge how people want to spend their time. The fanbase is what it is. Make peace with it.

Exactly I don’t mind paying premium prices if the food is at least decent.

Get a “soft” pretzel and it’s like a rock

1/2 the time the concession stands upstairs are straight out of food.

The Chicken tenders/fries is pretty solid and worth the $$.

Honestly, I guess I’m really just complaining about how awful the quality of food is on the 2nd floor.
If they’re trying to make this more appealing to bring kids, someone should tell them to have more than 1 ice cream stand in the whole building. ONE. I emailed SUAD about this situation; what the obstacles are etc. No reply.

What SUAD is hoping for is this:

The team keeps playing well and winning. Crowds continue to grow.

The VT, UConn (yes even UConn) and Miami games are complete sellouts.

They probably wouldn't have been in previous years but cutting capacity by close to 15% makes a significant impact.

A signficant number of bandwagon fans cannot get in to watch the team. And are very unhappy.

A significant number of fans start believing in SU football and want to see them play. A significant number of fans buy season tickets for 2025. The $99 tickets sell out and all other season ticket sales rise in a big way.

I think any year the team has a good season, we are going to see a sellout or two. For a really good season, we might have 3 or 4. If we get to where we were in the 1990s, we might get to the point where you have to buy a season ticket to get into games.

We are not that far from this happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom