Stanford Attendance | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Attendance

Alright, let’s not pretend that the concessions in the dome haven’t gotten outrageous

To be quite honest, the cost of food and quality of what they are putting out is unacceptable.

They also need to reevaluate the concessions in 300s.

Absolutely horrible options.
What are the current prices for beer, soda/water, and basic food (burgers, dogs, pizza, nachos)?

Alright, let’s not pretend that the concessions in the dome haven’t gotten outrageous

To be quite honest, the cost of food and quality of what they are putting out is unacceptable.

Could not agree more. I typically don't eat much since I tailgate before. But whenever I bring my boys, they always want food in there. For what you're getting (quality wise), it's not worth it.

Could not agree more. I typically don't eat much since I tailgate before. But whenever I bring my boys, they always want food in there. For what you're getting (quality wise), it's not worth it.

Exactly I don’t mind paying premium prices if the food is at least decent.

Get a “soft” pretzel and it’s like a rock

1/2 the time the concession stands upstairs are straight out of food.

The Chicken tenders/fries is pretty solid and worth the $$.

Honestly, I guess I’m really just complaining about how awful the quality of food is on the 2nd floor.

What are the current prices for beer, soda/water, and basic food (burgers, dogs, pizza, nachos)?

I would have to double check Friday, but it’s pretty high IIRC for upstate NY.

Trust me, I know you’re going to pay a premium at a game and I’m okay with it.

Again, if the food was decent I would be okay with it.

I also hate that you can only get canned beer and bottled soda in a cooler that only slightly cools it off.

If I’m having a beer I spent $17/$18 on I want it to be cold!!

Exactly I don’t mind paying premium prices if the food is at least decent.

Get a “soft” pretzel and it’s like a rock

1/2 the time the concession stands upstairs are straight out of food.

The Chicken tenders/fries is pretty solid and worth the $$.

Honestly, I guess I’m really just complaining about how awful the quality of food is on the 2nd floor.
My complaint remains the crap pretzels they brought in this year. The soft pretzels last few years were eastern provisions and actually good quality. They were worth it. Not anymore.

I’ll die on this pretzel hill until changes are made.

My complaint remains the crap pretzels they brought in this year. The soft pretzels last few years were eastern provisions and actually good quality. They were worth it. Not anymore.

No it’s horrible, one of the people in our group got one and thought it was because it was overcooked or something…

I said to them, no I heard that’s how they are now….

Really really hope they make a change there

Use more mustard

Good post , still we remember how it was 87-2000. With a big bump in people with disposable income coming in , the next 15 years it will be interesting.

Even so we are still not LA (USC), Miami (Miami), Dallas (TCU/SMU), Boston (BC), San Fran (Stanford), Chicago (Northwestern), or even Nashville (Vandy).

Last edited:

Hard “soft” pretzels are the worst. They need to import some Philly pretzels.

The dome still sells draft beer, correct? That’s one thing I wish the Barclays Center had.

The never-played-before angle is the one that intrigues me. Seriously, how can it be that Syracuse and Stanford have never played?

Come to think of it, which PAC teams have I seen us play (even if not in person)? Washington, U$C, Arizona. I know we played UCLA a bit before I was a fan. Wonder if we’ve ever played some of the others.

For some reason we played Oregon State a bunch in the 60s and 70s. Would love to know how that happened. After the D1A/AA split we stopped going out West for the most part.

Looking at one week prior to the Ohio home opener and Stanford the maps are about the same. Fran & the players deserve more support.View attachment 244916
Very misleading….the dark blue means at least 1 ticket is available in those sections. It might be 1, it might be 109.

Very misleading….the dark blue means at least 1 ticket is available in those sections. It might be 1, it might be 109.
You could be right. My understating is gray is sold out and the darker the blue indicates the more seats available.

Either way there are a lot of seats available on Ticketmaster with a game four days out. I hope we hit 40,000!!

Last edited:

14 for a can of beer is pretty steep, almost 2x out in the wild

Imagine being an SU fan within a couple hours drive and not being at this game?!

44 years to the day of the first game in the Dome.

First time ever playing Stanford.

Possibly the best throwing QB to ever wear orange.

Breaking top 25 on the line.

This is an event.

I would have to double check Friday, but it’s pretty high IIRC for upstate NY.

Trust me, I know you’re going to pay a premium at a game and I’m okay with it.

Again, if the food was decent I would be okay with it.

I also hate that you can only get canned beer and bottled soda in a cooler that only slightly cools it off.

If I’m having a beer I spent $17/$18 on I want it to be cold!!
I'm not challenging you, it's just hard to have a discussion about prices when we're not talking about the actual prices. ;)

I'm sympathetic to wanting good quality food. There really is no excuse for any venue to serve garbage these days.

If a 12 oz. can of beer is $17 then I agree that's exorbitant. I'd expect that in NYC but a couple bucks cheaper in Syracuse.

I'm not challenging you, it's just hard to have a discussion about prices when we're not talking about the actual prices. ;)

I'm sympathetic to wanting good quality food. There really is no excuse for any venue to serve garbage these days.

If a 12 oz. can of beer is $17 then I agree that's exorbitant. I'd expect that in NYC but a couple bucks cheaper in Syracuse.
Pint can of craft was 14, the very rare Labatt Blue (at least in the Dome) was 10.25.

I can’t remember the last time I ate anything in the dome other than popcorn probably 35 yers ago. but I was paying $10.25 for 16 oz, blue light At the GT game. It was cold and I thought considering I was at the dome a decent price, certainly not cheap but for where you are not bad

I wish people in NYS took ownership of the team more. Being a private university probably doesn't help. Whenever people ask me about SU they seem really intrigued about how we go to every home game and tailgate etc.

I emphatically explain to them that this IS the NYS P4 team.. it's okay to totally embrace them as your own.

What are you gonna pick over them, the Giants and the Jets? SUFB is way more fun.
And easier and cheaper to get to from the Albany Area

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom