Stanford Attendance | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Attendance

I’ll never forget going to a few uva games the year they won the championship how much the fans get into when their chants start. It’s like a big cult lol.
Yup. My daughter goes to UVA. In football they sing their alma mater after EVERY score (it sounds like Auld Lang Syne), and then finish it off with their "Wahoowa" chant. Its a ton of fun and most of the stadium does it.

It would be literally impossible for SU to do that. Our fans simply don't like that stuff, which is a shame.

Hell, the freakin' Bills, a soulless NFL team, have more fan participatory songs/cheers/chants than Syracuse.

Agree, I think SU fans don't like to be told what to do and do what they want to do.

The 'Hey' song was so popular only because there were swear words in it and saying them loudly made a lot of us happy.

The best way to get SU fans to do something is to ban it.
Maybe. Or its that SU fans are lame. They show up, which is clearly the most important thing. But they're also lame.

I mean at the 2013 Final Four we were outclassed by the Wichita State fans. It was embarrassing.

Had to look it up to confirm, but the 2022 Purdue game, our third of that season, had an attendance of just under 36k. That was after a similar first two games of beating a fairly well regarded ACC foe in Louisville and a relative cupcake in UConn. On the one hand you would expect more juice for our first year coach, but Purdue is also a tougher opponent with a bigger name than Stanford. People are not going to go through major changes in their habits in two years, so I would say a crowd of 40k or higher in this one would indicate some attendance progress, since we had a similar start to the year in 2022. Obviously a lot of factors to consider.

I just looked at next years schedule. That road slate is malpractice horrible
But we have nothing after that on the books other than State Penn home and home.

UConn and Army dates that might get bought out.

I expect Tennessee to be ugly but let’s be honest when Wake is cowardly buying out Ole Miss a worst case scenario schedule one year is ok. Especially if it’s a hangover season following a gaudy 12ish win team just slug out 6-6.

Cal and Stanford replaced Clemson and FSU this year it’s all whacky.

Traditions? You guys really like the FSU fans doing a war chant and chopping motion? How Fing lame is that?
There is nothing funnier at an FSU game than when they're getting killed, and the band still plays the war chant song. And then they show the student section half-heartedly doing the chop like a class of little kids having to do the pledge of allegiance.

So yeah, if Snoop Dogg himself guest hosted the in game activities at the Dome I still think most SU fans would sit on their hands. The too-cool-for-school attitude is deeply ingrained.
In retrospect I should have said Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg. That would have made more sense.

Some of the traditions not happening are on the fans

A lot and I mean a lot of it, is on SU and the Gameday Marketing.

They refuse to change things up. They continuously don’t pay attention to the vibe and the feel of the game.

Things need to be better and I was told from very close sources that it would be different this year. It hasn’t been and it’s a shame.

Btw Cuse has really been trying to start the thing at the start of the game with the zombie nation song with a chant of “C U S E” it plays on the video screen and I wish more fans would get into it.

This could be a thing here and would be something we can own.

I challenge everyone this Friday that’s on here, that when they start that, stand up, and SCREAM “C U S E”

We want a tradition??? Let’s make it happen.

Yup. My daughter goes to UVA. In football they sing their alma mater after EVERY score (it sounds like Auld Lang Syne), and then finish it off with their "Wahoowa" chant. Its a ton of fun and most of the stadium does it.

It would be literally impossible for SU to do that. Our fans simply don't like that stuff, which is a shame.

Hell, the freakin' Bills, a soulless NFL team, have more fan participatory songs/cheers/chants than Syracuse.
I think the issue is that places like UVA and other state schools fill their stadiums with mostly alums. The Dome is mostly locals who aren't interested in the rah rah stuff.

They refuse to change things up. They continuously don’t pay attention to the vibe and the feel of the game.

Things need to be better and I was told from very close sources that it would be different this year. It hasn’t been and it’s a shame.

Btw Cuse has really been trying to start the thing at the start of the game with the zombie nation song with a chant of “C U S E” it plays on the video screen and I wish more fans would get into it.

I challenge everyone this Friday that’s on here, that when they start that, stand up, and SCREAM “C U S E”

Had to look up Zombie Nation...definitely know it, just didn't by name. I was at both games and didn't realize we were supposed to do a C U S E chant when it was played. I'll look for it Friday.

Maybe. Or its that SU fans are lame. They show up, which is clearly the most important thing. But they're also lame.

I mean at the 2013 Final Four we were outclassed by the Wichita State fans. It was embarrassing.

I agree that our fans are lame and that is a big part of the issue. But a couple of three things:

1. Our fans do like to copy from other fans. They used to like copying We Are Penn State, J-E-T-S, etc. Heck the Stand and Clap is copied. Also gone is Gooo SU. LGO is barely used. The Wave is gone (and I hate the wave). But at least those were things that were done by our fans.

2. Chants should really be coming from the Students. It is a lot easier for them to be organized and they are more communal by nature. They also don't have to worry about tending to anyone else. They used (maybe still do) have chant sheets for BBall, do they for FB? Our Lame Os will want to copy cat what the Students do.

3. There is little to no chance of something when 100 db level music is always played or the remote mic is being used. A lot of the remote mic stuff isn't even sponsored, so you cannot use $ as an excuse. It is chosen in lieu or the college atmosphere stuff. Plus you can sponsor college stuff if need be. Like we sued to with the Tullys Dance Team (they even had their mascot at games).

I agree that our fans are lame and that is a big part of the issue. But a couple of three things:

1. Our fans do like to copy from other fans. They used to like copying We Are Penn State, J-E-T-S, etc. Heck the Stand and Clap is copied. Also gone is Gooo SU. LGO is barely used. The Wave is gone (and I hate the wave). But at least those were things that were done by our fans.

2. Chants should really be coming from the Students. It is a lot easier for them to be organized and they are more communal by nature. They also don't have to worry about tending to anyone else. They used (maybe still do) have chant sheets for BBall, do they for FB? Our Lame Os will want to copy cat what the Students do.

3. There is little to no chance of something when 100 db level music is always played or the remote mic is being used. A lot of the remote mic stuff isn't even sponsored, so you cannot use $ as an excuse. It is chosen in lieu or the college atmosphere stuff. Plus you can sponsor college stuff if need be. Like we sued to with the Tullys Dance Team (they even had their mascot at games).

The “host” absolutely needs to go.

It’s minor league stuff.

In fact, the “host” is the Syracuse Mets host if I’m not mistaken

Please get rid of him and let it be a college atmosphere

Had to look up Zombie Nation...definitely know it, just didn't by name. I was at both games and didn't realize we were supposed to do a C U S E chant when it was played. I'll look for it Friday.

Yup, if you watch the center hung scoreboard when that song starts playing right before they are going to come out of the tunnel it flashes “C” “U” “S” “E” when they want the crowd to say it

It’s actually pretty cool and I’ve made it my mission to make this catch

The “host” absolutely needs to go.

It’s minor league stuff.

In fact, the “host” is the Syracuse Mets host if I’m not mistaken

Please get rid of him and let it be a college atmosphere
I have not been to a game since they've had a "host," but agree 100%. When I read about that, it blew my mind. That doesn't scream college at all.

I have a great idea...let's stand until we get a first down. Very unique idea never utilized by any Syracuse sports team.

The school is a townie school. Very few alum vs the big state schools collectively speaking. It's at least got townies vs BC which has only students and alum who are from the Boston area or alums who stuck around. Advantage Syracuse.

I think the best version of a private university w oodles of tradition is ND (and USC). But we're not close to those universities historically

I think the issue is that places like UVA and other state schools fill their stadiums with mostly alums. The Dome is mostly locals who aren't interested in the rah rah stuff.
That's fine, but then people should stop complaining about the "atmosphere" and all that jazz. That's squarely on the fans to handle, and SU fans don't want to apparently.

Yup, if you watch the center hung scoreboard when that song starts playing right before they are going to come out of the tunnel it flashes “C” “U” “S” “E” when they want the crowd to say it

It’s actually pretty cool and I’ve made it my mission to make this catch
How was someone to know this?

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

If SU wants to do cool in-game stuff then they should hire the WWE to design it for them. There is no better company on Earth who gets crowds amped and participating than WWE.

I was at WrestleMania this year in Philly, and the entrances, video packages, music, interstitials, chants, etc. are phenomenal.

It’s also important to note that the video board is also flashing the “ohhhh, ohhhhh, oh ohh” or however it goes.

Then during the break before the next “ohhhh” you chant the C U S E

The name as many game (Cereal, Candy) IMO has got to go. That is great for the kid playing the game but does nothing for anyone else there. Maybe if the game was SU RBs or something related, it could work. But random things and having to wait 30 secs for the contestant and then 30 seconds for the player, is a waste IMO. Just give away the prize as a lucky seat. There is zero value add of playing that game and makes the production seem amateur IMO.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

If SU wants to do cool in-game stuff then they should hire the WWE to design it for them. There is no better company on Earth who gets crowds amped and participating than WWE.

I was at WrestleMania this year in Philly, and the entrances, video packages, music, interstitials, chants, etc. are phenomenal.
Agreed. I was at Mania 39 at Sofi in LA and the presentation was incredible.

If they’re trying to make this more appealing to bring kids, someone should tell them to have more than 1 ice cream stand in the whole building. ONE. I emailed SUAD about this situation; what the obstacles are etc. No reply.
I believe there are at least three on the lower level.

Also the light show doesn’t work. Kind of goes back to what Scooch was saying. Our fans don’t participate in these types of things. They been trying this for a few years now and it has been a big failure. But that goes back to my point of SU trying but using a top down approach that is out of touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom