Stanford Attendance | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Attendance

Also the light show doesn’t work. Kind of goes back to what Scooch was saying. Our fans don’t participate in these types of things. They been trying this for a few years now and it has been a big failure. But that goes back to my point of SU trying but using a top down approach that is out of touch.

Part of the light show not working is people not realizing they need to download the app and they don’t know how to get to it so they don’t do it

We want big recruits etc? We need to win. But we as fans also need to be better.

The Cuse gameday staff also needs to elevate.

My son's team plays @Whitesboro 6:30. It's his first year of Varsity. He's bottom of the depth chart. He hasn't played snap all season. I'm still not missing his game and potentially his first every varsity snap. I'm that fan. I won't be at the game. It's a bummer but I've seen my share of amazing times in the dome, he only plays Varsity for 2 years and then he's gone. No-brainer. Have fun all. Yell a little extra for me!

PS. I didn't get to go to GT either.
Anyone that bashes parents missing games for their kids is a moron. Having said that, ive already missed 2 soccer games this season.

The name as many game (Cereal, Candy) IMO has got to go. That is great for the kid playing the game but does nothing for anyone else there. Maybe if the game was SU RBs or something related, it could work. But random things and having to wait 30 secs for the contestant and then 30 seconds for the player, is a waste IMO. Just give away the prize as a lucky seat. There is zero value add of playing that game and makes the production seem amateur IMO.
That game very much feels like a " keep the women entertained" kinda vibe. Im not someone that thinks women are not fans, but when I see stuff like that it makes me feel like they don't think they have the attention span for football.

Part of the light show not working is people not realizing they need to download the app and they don’t know how to get to it so they don’t do it

We want big recruits etc? We need to win. But we as fans also need to be better.

The whole lights thing actually pisses me off. They made a huge deal about how unmatched our lighting system was going to be and honestly I think they look awful. The orange lights are RED. They should be able to flash white lights with the rest of the stadium dark without people having to use their phones to get that look.

The whole lights thing actually pisses me off. They made a huge deal about how unmatched our lighting system was going to be and honestly I think they look awful. The orange lights are RED. They should be able to flash white lights with the rest of the stadium dark without people having to use their phones to get that look.

Well they were great with the original lighting company.

They ended up having to switch to a different lighting company and the system isn’t nearly as advanced

By the time we walk in the Dome both of us are full from the tailgate. I do emphasize with those who have small kids with them though as they're probably on the hook for having to go to concessions.

As two adults though there's no need for us to buy anything at the Dome. Sometimes my wife sends me to get popcorn.
yep, with young kids all bets are off and even getting in the building is a win. even then you can pack snacks and go walk for an ice cream when needed.

Depends on the entertainment packages purchased. Also, that orange isn’t bad at all. Not an easy color to project.

I agree that the fans are part of the problem. As is the disconnect with the Gameday staff and the fans.

What is the light show even supposed to be? I feel like it is over before I even realize it is happening. And is it unique each week? Or is it the same show all the time (which will lose interest fast)? Is it the Cuse App or a different App?

I agree that the fans are part of the problem. As is the disconnect with the Gameday staff and the fans.

What is the light show even supposed to be? I feel like it is over before I even realize it is happening. And is it unique each week? Or is it the same show all the time (which will lose interest fast)? Is it the Cuse App or a different App?

CUSE App

And then you go to the “lights and trivia” area within the App

They should be running tutorials on how to do this on their socials constantly if it was up to me

I agree that our fanbase is not very good at these things. But last game there was a LGO started during a TO and music killed it. That happens often.

Really chants should start via the Student Section anyway. Every other section is mainly random people. It isn't as organized or communal. The Student Section is setup to be like your Bleacher Creatures or Soccer Ultras. They just need to keep it clean. We can't have them saying Knock Knock, Who's There, Kyle McCord, Kyle McCord likes to attend the... dah dah dah dah.

Do they still have the fan council? There are 10 sections/levels within the Dome. It shouldn't be hard to have one STH from each section and work with them to make things better. Having one STH from A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, Club, and 44 will give a wide range of view points. And that gives more specific feedback than those poorly constructed surveys they currently send.

This kind of stuff has been brought to SU's attention ad-nauseum both via outside fans and via Cuse Council. SU has been begged to scrap multiple aspects that just don't work (in game host, bizarre music choices, chants when SU is on offense etc) but this is how they want it. It's not gonna change.

The fanbase itself as others have noted are not huge on tradition when it comes to this stuff which hurts as well. Fans do get loud on third down and on big possessions and respond to the fake decibel meter but chants and stuff has never been SU's thing. Also some of the stuff just really isn't relevant and looks really tacky. The wave went out in 1990 why were trying to make that relevant again is beyond me. I'm not trying to do the fn wave in a tight game in the 4th quarter about a dozen beers deep.

This kind of stuff has been brought to SU's attention ad-nauseum both via outside fans and via Cuse Council. SU has been begged to scrap multiple aspects that just don't work (in game host, bizarre music choices, chants when SU is on offense etc) but this is how they want it. It's not gonna change.

The fanbase itself as others have noted are not huge on tradition when it comes to this stuff which hurts as well. Fans do get loud on third down and on big possessions and respond to the fake decibel meter but chants and stuff has never been SU's thing. Also some of the stuff just really isn't relevant and looks really tacky. The wave went out in 1990 why were trying to make that relevant again is beyond me. I'm not trying to do the fn wave in a tight game in the 4th quarter about a dozen beers deep.

Also the one time I saw us trying to start the wave this season we were on offense.

Come on fans, get a clue.

No “let’s go Orange” chants on offense, no wave on offense.

If you want to do a let’s go Orange chant let’s get it started on 1st down when we are on defense and keep it going.

Now people are even calling Bills fans "soulless" in this thread? Ouch. Not a Bills fan and a lot can be said about that organization but choosing the word "soulless" to describe a fanbase that packs that old, dingy stadium year after year in terrible weather and seems to start a GoFund Me at the drop of a hat raising massive amounts of money for its players' great causes (and even opposing teams' players causes) is quite the word to choose.

Boy, do we ever need toe to meet leather Friday. It's been a long two weeks.

Fairly certain he's messing around and the comment was in gest.

Now people are even calling Bills fans "soulless" in this thread? Ouch. Not a Bills fan and a lot can be said about that organization but choosing the word "soulless" to describe a fanbase that packs that old, dingy stadium year after year in terrible weather and seems to start a GoFund Me at the drop of a hat raising massive amounts of money for its players' great causes (and even opposing teams' players causes) is quite the word to choose.

Boy, do we ever need toe to meet leather Friday. It's been a long two weeks.

To be fair, for a lot of years, they were packing that stadium in bad weather, good weather etc with $20 tickets.

It used to be awesome, I would attend the cuse game on Saturday and buy a ticket, usually intoxicated, for a Sunday game for like $20.

I haven’t been to a bills game now in a couple years because the price is absolutely insane now.

I’m also not a bills fan, but I love a bills tailgate.

Also the one time I saw us trying to start the wave this season we were on offense.

Come on fans, get a clue.

No “let’s go Orange” chants on offense, no wave on offense.

If you want to do a let’s go Orange chant let’s get it started on 1st down when we are on defense and keep it going.
So many people trying to hype up the crowd while we're on offense, it's dumbfounding. Every other stadium in the country has some sort of "Shhh quiet, offense at work" graphic they put on their jumbotron, no idea why we've never done that.

I also think it's clear a lot of people just follow the instruction of the announcer/screens which is why we only get real loud on third downs. Play the damn fake decibels graphic on a first down not in the middle of a tv timeout with 2mins until play starts.

To be fair, for a lot of years, they were packing that stadium in bad weather, good weather etc with $20 tickets.

It used to be awesome, I would attend the cuse game on Saturday and buy a ticket, usually intoxicated, for a Sunday game for like $20.

I haven’t been to a bills game now in a couple years because the price is absolutely insane now.

I’m also not a bills fan, but I love a bills tailgate.
Wait until capacity drops almost 20,000 after the new stadium is completed. Prices will go through the roof.

Yup. My daughter goes to UVA. In football they sing their alma mater after EVERY score (it sounds like Auld Lang Syne), and then finish it off with their "Wahoowa" chant. Its a ton of fun and most of the stadium does it.

It would be literally impossible for SU to do that. Our fans simply don't like that stuff, which is a shame.

Hell, the freakin' Bills, a soulless NFL team, have more fan participatory songs/cheers/chants than Syracuse.
Neat! It’s a really solid school. I live in Zion Crossroads which is about 20 minutes towards Richmond on 64. I work (very) part time at UVa helping train med students in retirement but mostly play golf at Spring Creek Golf Course.

I think the issue is that places like UVA and other state schools fill their stadiums with mostly alums. The Dome is mostly locals who aren't interested in the rah rah stuff.
A lot of alums continue to live in Charlottesville after they graduate as it’s a nice place to live. Young college vibe and great food and drink. As well as lots and lots of history ie Thomas Jefferson and Monticelloas as well as the homes of several other former presidents like Madison and Monroe. And so many vineyards and breweries. You just have to put up with UVA basketball. Football sucks so not so much.

This thread is funny. You can go to a game, as an adult, and last 3.5 hours without food or beer... it'd probably do a lot of us some good actually.

I still don't think ticket price matters also... if you want to go you will... if it's not on your radar a $1 ticket won't put it there

Not with kids. It's not that Dome concessions are so out of line with prices at other arenas - they're not.

It's just that the quality of the food is really awful. It could be a lot better and still only be on par with McDonalds or Burger King.

Just speaking for myself here, but I would prefer that "people who aren't remotely interested in being there for a football game" just stay home. At the end of the day, it's a college football game, not Six Flags.

OK, cancel Homecoming, forget giving tickets to local schools, Boy Scouts, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom