Stanford Attendance | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Attendance

Stanford Attendance wise, I estimate we sold about 400 tickets today. Thats more than any day compared to last week for Georgia Tech...right now I'd expect a similar crowd, with the potential to break 40k if sales pick up

A win against Ga. tech wasn’t really going to move things the way people thought it would. In time, things will change for sure.
A natty and we get there, right. Maybe a natty and $5 tickets.

This is tired. We have one of the best QBs in the country for 1 year, a 2-0 record plus a win against a top 25 opponent. Not knocking you but these threads are filled with the same excuses over and over.

A natty and we get there, right. Maybe a natty and $5 tickets.

This is tired. We have one of the best QBs in the country for 1 year, a 2-0 record plus a win against a top 25 opponent. Not knocking you but these threads are filled with the same excuses over and over.
Fwiw I honestly don’t care if it is 10k or 40k. All I care about is how loud it is. I actually mean that it isn’t just cope.

I understand though but dare I say the average casual the last few years is probably aware of the hot start. It’s what happens in the games after that needs changed and it will be.

I went to a Wednesday night game at Yankee stadium a couple of weeks ago. I paid for dinner for me and my buddy - 2 brisket sandwiches, fries and a 16 oz beer for $96! It's nucking futz.
I bought the garlic oil fries for $14 without thinkîng...why would you dump oil on a food cooked in oil? I brought them back complaining of too much oil and they said well they are oil fries...I was shocked! call me naive
Give me semi stale tostitos with "cheese" over that for $9 all day
They were peddling those off like they were the fries of the future...not good at all...repulsive actually

Last edited:
CUSE App

And then you go to the “lights and trivia” area within the App

They should be running tutorials on how to do this on their socials constantly if it was up to me
agree. also the performance of the app is a bit clunky. i tried to do it the last two games and it glitched/wouldn't work. half the time people just end up using their flashlight instead.

Not with kids. It's not that Dome concessions are so out of line with prices at other arenas - they're not.

It's just that the quality of the food is really awful. It could be a lot better and still only be on par with McDonalds or Burger King.
Right but it's 3 1/2 hours and I've never shown up to dome with food on my mind. I've also never brought my unfed child to the Dome nor go to long events without snacks for them if food isn't avail.

Everyone knows the food sucks and is overpriced... so plan to eat beforehand and/or after. They'll only have to address it if folks stop buying it.

Question on the light show. I have to record a video to get it to work right? Mine was working once I hit the record button, but there really isn't a clear way to tell if I am doing it right, besides turning my phone around and blinding myself by staring into the flashlight. It seems like the directions are super vague and you don't get a demo of what it should look like unless I missed it?

Question on the light show. I have to record a video to get it to work right? Mine was working once I hit the record button, but there really isn't a clear way to tell if I am doing it right, besides turning my phone around and blinding myself by staring into the flashlight. It seems like the directions are super vague and you don't get a demo of what it should look like unless I missed it?

Yes, once you hit the record button it picks up the music and is programmed to work then

You have to keep it recording for it to keep working

Remember this is a Friday game so if you are going to compare maps you need to use the prior Thursday ones.

Right but it's 3 1/2 hours and I've never shown up to dome with food on my mind. I've also never brought my unfed child to the Dome nor go to long events without snacks for them if food isn't avail.

Everyone knows the food sucks and is overpriced... so plan to eat beforehand and/or after. They'll only have to address it if folks stop buying it.
Exactly, my kids have never come with us because they're always with their mom on Saturdays and they don't like football anyway. But if they were to come, we'd be eating beforehand.

When we used to go to Six Flags we'd have a picnic right there in the parking lot before entering. Daddy is cheap!

Some of the traditions not happening are on the fans

A lot and I mean a lot of it, is on SU and the Gameday Marketing.

They refuse to change things up. They continuously don’t pay attention to the vibe and the feel of the game.

Things need to be better and I was told from very close sources that it would be different this year. It hasn’t been and it’s a shame.

Btw Cuse has really been trying to start the thing at the start of the game with the zombie nation song with a chant of “C U S E” it plays on the video screen and I wish more fans would get into it.

This could be a thing here and would be something we can own.

I challenge everyone this Friday that’s on here, that when they start that, stand up, and SCREAM “C U S E”

We want a tradition??? Let’s make it happen.

That song is a barely audible is Section 309. It’s hard to follow the rhythm because there is no low-end. The timing also seems to be out of sync with the cues on the video board.

Last edited:
A lot of alums continue to live in Charlottesville after they graduate as it’s a nice place to live. Young college vibe and great food and drink. As well as lots and lots of history ie Thomas Jefferson and Monticelloas as well as the homes of several other former presidents like Madison and Monroe. And so many vineyards and breweries. You just have to put up with UVA basketball. Football sucks so not so much.

I would also imagine that many of them migrate to NoVA to work in the DC area. Where everyone has a car and the drive is 2-2.5 hours back to campus.

We have a good amount of alums who move to Manhattan, where no one has a car, and it's 4 hours if they rent one. 5.5-6 hours by train. If you're accustomed to spending your time in Manhattan, you probably don't want to spend your weekends in Syracuse.

But again, we're only about 3k (ACC game) to 5k (G5 OOC game) short of sellouts. Winning will fix that faster than anything else.

Exactly, my kids have never come with us because they're always with their mom on Saturdays and they don't like football anyway. But if they were to come, we'd be eating beforehand.

When we used to go to Six Flags we'd have a picnic right there in the parking lot before entering. Daddy is cheap!
Not cheap...frugal

And if you keep yourself from constantly carrying consumer debt you are doing it right.

Could not agree with this more. Look around at people on their phones that don’t even know what the score is. The only time they come to life is (as you said) to chant “Let’s go orange” when we have the ball, or make noise because the Jumbotron told them to. Eric15 alluded to this as well. I would rather have 35,000 football fans who are into the game itself than 42,000 with “casuals” who need entertainment other than the football game. I don’t go to concerts and then want to toss a football around between songs because I’m bored.

Our attendance challenges are not unique. My kids went to middling SEC and Big Ten schools and my wife went to a big east school . And one thing they all have in common, whether it’s basketball or football, they all want to go to games when their teams are good and when they’re not, they’re not too interested.

As recently as 10 years ago, there would always be a few games you could not get on TV. That drove sales. Those would be the games I was most likely to go to . Now you get them all. To consistently sell out we need people coming from NYC, Connecticut, Boston, New Jersey, etc. they will come if we win.

Personally speaking, I have to hit up my phone to A) see out of town scores, B) see a flipping replay and C) check stats.

I’m usually not one who complains but these three issues make me crazy. There are no OOT scores (put these things on during breaks, lord knows there’s enough breaks ) and our replay booth sucks.

I don’t know if it’s part of a Syracuse PC policy regarding replay, but they NEVER show any replays on controversial calls. If by chance they do show a replay of one; because usually they show all replays, but if it’s controversial or close, or penalty call etc, they will not show it again like TV would. It’s weird to me because other college stadiums show these replays.

my last gripe; STATS. The overhead replay board should have more stats on the outside portion of the video board; especially during down time. What I notice is the inside ring of the board has stats, the outside ring does not. When you are sitting in the third deck you cannot see stats. Apparently I guess stats are included in the lower deck premium priced seating, cool perk.

(Sometimes you can notice stats on a tiny little video board in the upper corner, but you basically have to stand-up and turn around to see them that’s nuts.)

Personally speaking, I have to hit up my phone to A) see out of town scores, B) see a flipping replay and C) check stats.

I’m usually not one who complains but these three issues make me crazy. There are no OOT scores (put these things on during breaks, lord knows there’s enough breaks ) and our replay booth sucks.

I don’t know if it’s part of a Syracuse PC policy regarding replay, but they NEVER show any replays on controversial calls. If by chance they do show a replay of one; because usually they show all replays, but if it’s controversial or close, or penalty call etc, they will not show it again like TV would. It’s weird to me because other college stadiums show these replays.

my last gripe; STATS. The overhead replay board should have more stats on the outside portion of the video board; especially during down time. What I notice is the inside ring of the board has stats, the outside ring does not. When you are sitting in the third deck you cannot see stats. Apparently I guess stats are included in the lower deck premium priced seating, cool perk.

(Sometimes you can notice stats on a tiny little video board in the upper corner, but you basically have to stand-up and turn around to see them that’s nuts.)
I complained about the out of town scores and they did appear last week a few times. But I think it was just the top 25. I'd like to see more. All ACC at least.

I think showing a replay of the previous play on the center hung video board should be standard operating procedure.

Stats...agree. Not easy to see them underneath. Wish that ribbon was on the outside of the board. Bad design.

One other complaint to add. Is it too much to add a few TVs in the bathrooms/hallways so when you go get something to eat/drink, you don't miss anything?

If you have the discussions on many of these things with people at SU you have to think the ones making the decision just don't know football or how to get people to invest in the game or they just dont care.

I remember trying to push for Quad activities years ago and kept being told there was no value in it. People don't want to hang in the Quad. Look where it is now, and they barely do anything that they really could to make it really great.

I complained about the out of town scores and they did appear last week a few times. But I think it was just the top 25. I'd like to see more. All ACC at least.

I think showing a replay of the previous play on the center hung video board should be standard operating procedure.

Stats...agree. Not easy to see them underneath. Wish that ribbon was on the outside of the board. Bad design.

One other complaint to add. Is it too much to add a few TVs in the bathrooms/hallways so when you go get something to eat/drink, you don't miss anything?
Many simple things, that just seems too hard for people at SU to get.

Still waiting on WIFI/5G to work well though. It is better than the zero it used to be. So that's a small improvement.

OT scores should be top 25, ACC and then the locals, Colgate/Cornell/IC/Cortland/UB/Buf st. etc. The ones that you are asking those locals to skip to come to the SU game. And this time of the year Baseball should roll thru for the Mets/Yank fans with playoff implications.

Halftime or whatever show highlights of the big games on.

And the lack of Tvs in the Halls is puzzling. How hard to hang a few these days. you want people to go spend 30 min to eat bad food or get to the bathroom and they have no idea whats happening while they do it.

Your lot are not supposed to mix with the big spenders in the good seats.
leonardo dicaprio jack GIF

The replay is a massive massive massive gripe I have.

This also effects our COACHING because they can’t see the replay right away

This also will get the crowd more involved.

Again, this is on the Gameday staff. A lot of the stuff is pre planned and pre fabbed. Unfortunately this leads us to looking amateur.

Still waiting on WIFI/5G to work well though. It is better than the zero it used to be. So that's a small improvement.

OT scores should be top 25, ACC and then the locals, Colgate/Cornell/IC/Cortland/UB/Buf st. etc. The ones that you are asking those locals to skip to come to the SU game. And this time of the year Baseball should roll thru for the Mets/Yank fans with playoff implications.

And the lack of Tvs in the Halls is puzzling. How hard to hang a few these days. you want people to go spend 30 min to eat bad food or get to the bathroom and they have no idea whats happening while they do it.

Yup, I mean the local AA baseball team in Binghamton has TVs at the concession stands and it takes 5 mins at most to go to the stands and back.

Beyond me why Syracuse doesn’t have this.

I get 5G with both my phones. Very fast. One is on the Verizon network and one on AT&T. The AT&T didn't get 5G at the dome until the home opener for football this year.

Is your carrier TMobile? Do you have an old phone not capable of 5G?

Also found the new wifi very fast. Nice that you don't have to sign in any longer. I think it is called Orange Hotspot. Something like that.

Have you connected to that? I know you have security concerns about wifi.

My friend can't connect to the new wifi network. Can't even see it. But he has an Android and it is messed up. No internet access from cellular period.

I get 5G with both my phones. Very fast. One is on the Verizon network and one on AT&T. The AT&T didn't get 5G at the dome until the home opener for football this year.

Is your carrier TMobile? Do you have an old phone not capable of 5G?

Also found the new wifi very fast. Nice that you don't have to sign in any longer. I think it is called Orange Hotspot. Something like that.

Have you connected to that? I know you have security concerns about wifi.

My friend can't connect to the new wifi network. Can't even see it. But he has an Android and it is messed up. No internet access from cellular period.

Yeah I’ve had ZERO issues with 5g

Make sure you turn your WiFi off when at the Dome so your phone uses the 5g

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom