Stanford Attendance | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Attendance

I would also imagine that many of them migrate to NoVA to work in the DC area. Where everyone has a car and the drive is 2-2.5 hours back to campus.

We have a good amount of alums who move to Manhattan, where no one has a car, and it's 4 hours if they rent one. 5.5-6 hours by train. If you're accustomed to spending your time in Manhattan, you probably don't want to spend your weekends in Syracuse.

But again, we're only about 3k (ACC game) to 5k (G5 OOC game) short of sellouts. Winning will fix that faster than anything else.
I agree. The people will come. Fran will make it so.

Yup, I mean the local AA baseball team in Binghamton has TVs at the concession stands and it takes 5 mins at most to go to the stands and back.

Beyond me why Syracuse doesn’t have this.
I believe most of the main sideline concession stands have TVs and there are a few others as well. Maybe there should be more, maybe they should be bigger, but they are there, I can't understand why they don;t pump the radio feeds into the rest rooms. Well, the men's rooms anyway, I am rarely in the women's rooms. This is pretty standard at many stadia.

I have Verizon. When it works the 5G is decent. not fast but mostly usable. But there are long stretches with nothing every game.

There are a lot of seats still for sale. Like a lot a lot. What the heck

A completely rough guess, but looks like 10k non-resale.

Also remember, you’re not seeing every *actual* available seat, even 3 games in.

There are a lot of seats still for sale. Like a lot a lot. What the heck

It's not surprising. Team has started out hot the last few years but then faded so its tough to change the narrative this soon in plus the early bye didn't do SU any favors.. If your gonna get that ultra casual or really just the general local sports fan to come to the dome, it's gonna take more then two games in and a mediocre Stanford team on a Fri night. I know some (not saying you) don't want to hear this but it it's the truth. To many people think there's these 5-15K bandwagon fans just on the fence about attending when the team has some success, it's simply not true.

Fwiw I honestly don’t care if it is 10k or 40k. All I care about is how loud it is. I actually mean that it isn’t just cope.

I get this. The main reason I care is because it seems Fran cares what the attendance is and it helps recruiting. It’s not necessarily going to cause us to get a commitment if they’re looking at a B10 or SEC school but it could be a factor for a high ranking player to rule us out. Then ultimately between attendance and recruiting impact (potentially) that could have an adverse impact on Fran actually staying here for any length of time. Guy is putting everything into making SU FB respectable again, don’t see him staying if he doesn’t feel he or the athletes aren’t being supported to the level he expects.

Last edited:
Stanford Attendance wise, I estimate we sold about 400 tickets today. Thats more than any day compared to last week for Georgia Tech...right now I'd expect a similar crowd, with the potential to break 40k if sales pick up
On 9/15/24 only two sections (Sections 331 & 332) had limited availability on the 300 level. This morning there are seven 300 level sections with limited availability.

IMG_8098.jpeg

Last edited:
It's not surprising. Team has started out hot the last few years but then faded so its tough to change the narrative this soon in plus the early bye didn't do SU any favors.. If your gonna get that ultra casual or really just the general local sports fan to come to the dome, it's gonna take more then two games in and a mediocre Stanford team on a Fri night. I know some (not saying you) don't want to hear this but it it's the truth. To many people think there's these 5-15K bandwagon fans just on the fence about attending when the team has some success, it's simply not true.

I have a buddy who bets college football and watches college football religiously. Just doesn’t care about SU all that much. We talk about it. He’s talked about coming to a game, but he’s got 2 young kids and said about GT last week “we have soccer for both kids in the morning and it’s gonna be tough to get away for 5 hours”

Not unreasonable at all, but he’s certainly not alone in the little kids, busy Saturdays, time commitment category

Sustained winning can certainly help attendance. Once people are in the building your next challenge is keeping them coming back (food, in game experience, etc)

Total team effort on the hill and I have faith in Fran and Co to handle the sustained winning until I see otherwise. Everything else….. i hope he lights a fire under them.

Exactly, my kids have never come with us because they're always with their mom on Saturdays and they don't like football anyway. But if they were to come, we'd be eating beforehand.

When we used to go to Six Flags we'd have a picnic right there in the parking lot before entering. Daddy is cheap!
You cheapo!

I have a buddy who bets college football and watches college football religiously. Just doesn’t care about SU all that much. We talk about it. He’s talked about coming to a game, but he’s got 2 young kids and said about GT last week “we have soccer for both kids in the morning and it’s gonna be tough to get away for 5 hours”

Not unreasonable at all, but he’s certainly not alone in the little kids, busy Saturdays, time commitment category

Sustained winning can certainly help attendance. Once people are in the building your next challenge is keeping them coming back (food, in game experience, etc)

Total team effort on the hill and I have faith in Fran and Co to handle the sustained winning until I see otherwise. Everything else….. i hope he lights a fire under them.

Yup, there's a lot people like your buddy in the area. I have a friend whose in a similar spot with a couple of kids who had seasons probably 5-6 years ago and then had to drop them. I have another friend who to me represents a lot of locals He's a big sports fan including college fball but isn't an SU fan and has been to probably 1 game the last 15+ years. He will be watching on Friday night I'm sure but he has zero desire to attend the game even if tickets were being given away. I note this every year when attendance comes up but there's a large portion of general sports fans happy to watch and root for SU but they don't even consider coming to a game. It's not about cost or parking or food, they just don't consider it an option.

Anyone that bashes parents missing games for their kids is a moron. Having said that, ive already missed 2 soccer games this season.

Same boat! I have 4 kids, 3 of which are old enough to participate in sports, and they all play multiple sports. We're basically at sporting events year round, with little breaks at certain times of the year, one of those being the month of November. That said, I miss some Saturday morning soccer games and/or fall baseball games if they conflict with home SU football games. I figure I help coach my boys on multiple teams, in multiple sports, and spend countless hours doing so, so I'm allowed to miss a few games here and there. They don't seem to mind and every once in a while wish they could go to the football game with my friends and me. It's a delicate balance, and can certainly be tricky at times.

Personally speaking, I have to hit up my phone to A) see out of town scores, B) see a flipping replay and C) check stats.

I’m usually not one who complains but these three issues make me crazy. There are no OOT scores (put these things on during breaks, lord knows there’s enough breaks ) and our replay booth sucks.

I don’t know if it’s part of a Syracuse PC policy regarding replay, but they NEVER show any replays on controversial calls. If by chance they do show a replay of one; because usually they show all replays, but if it’s controversial or close, or penalty call etc, they will not show it again like TV would. It’s weird to me because other college stadiums show these replays.

my last gripe; STATS. The overhead replay board should have more stats on the outside portion of the video board; especially during down time. What I notice is the inside ring of the board has stats, the outside ring does not. When you are sitting in the third deck you cannot see stats. Apparently I guess stats are included in the lower deck premium priced seating, cool perk.

(Sometimes you can notice stats on a tiny little video board in the upper corner, but you basically have to stand-up and turn around to see them that’s nuts.)
I think the controversial replays are limited by the ACC or NCAA.

I believe most of the main sideline concession stands have TVs and there are a few others as well. Maybe there should be more, maybe they should be bigger, but they are there, I can't understand why they don;t pump the radio feeds into the rest rooms. Well, the men's rooms anyway, I am rarely in the women's rooms. This is pretty standard at many stadia.
TVs also cause congestion

The replay is a massive massive massive gripe I have.

This also effects our COACHING because they can’t see the replay right away

This also will get the crowd more involved.

Again, this is on the Gameday staff. A lot of the stuff is pre planned and pre fabbed. Unfortunately this leads us to looking amateur.

Exactly, my kids have never come with us because they're always with their mom on Saturdays and they don't like football anyway. But if they were to come, we'd be eating beforehand.

When we used to go to Six Flags we'd have a picnic right there in the parking lot before entering. Daddy is cheap!

Food allergies are a very real thing as well. My 10 y/o nephew is severely allergic to a lot of common items (dairy, peanuts, eggs, etc) so when he went with to Liverpool vs Arsenal at the Linc this summer we walked in with a clear gallon bag full of stuff for he and my 12 y/o. I'm sure dome has similar policy of allowing outside food because they can't possibly accommodate or want the liability of dietary restrictions and cross contamination.

Fun fact, oreos and strawberry pop tarts are both vegan and clean allergy wise. Blew my mind when I learned that.

Same boat! I have 4 kids, 3 of which are old enough to participate in sports, and they all play multiple sports. We're basically at sporting events year round, with little breaks at certain times of the year, one of those being the month of November. That said, I miss some Saturday morning soccer games and/or fall baseball games if they conflict with home SU football games. I figure I help coach my boys on multiple teams, in multiple sports, and spend countless hours doing so, so I'm allowed to miss a few games here and there. They don't seem to mind and every once in a while wish they could go to the football game with my friends and me. It's a delicate balance, and can certainly be tricky at times.
I let my son skip one soccer game a year and bring him to a football game. Priorities!

Food allergies are a very real thing as well. My 10 y/o nephew is severely allergic to a lot of common items (dairy, peanuts, eggs, etc) so when he went with to Liverpool vs Arsenal at the Linc this summer we walked in with a clear gallon bag full of stuff for he and my 12 y/o. I'm sure dome has similar policy of allowing outside food because they can't possibly accommodate or want the liability of dietary restrictions and cross contamination.

Fun fact, oreos and strawberry pop tarts are both vegan and clean allergy wise. Blew my mind when I learned that.
I personally can't have gluten anymore (for genuine health reasons, not a millennial hipster thing) and I really wish the Dome had just a couple gluten-free options. I end up packing a couple of these in my pocket to get me through the game.

IMG_5116.jpg

I’ll die on the hill that says front loading the home schedule with four games in 5 weeks before October 1 minimizes the sense of urgency for all but the most passionate fans. Even many season ticket holders take at least one of those games off.

That being said, we have been at 90%+ of the new capacity for the first two games and expect to be there or higher for the next two,

I think the controversial replays are limited by the ACC or NCAA.
There is 100% no rule in place limiting the showing of any replays. I actually did some investigative work on this a few years ago when I got pissed. No rule whatsoever.

We did show a controversial call in the Ohio or GT game, I can't remember which one. So maybe the powers that be are slowly changing their thought process on this.

I can't understand why they don;t pump the radio feeds into the rest rooms. Well, the men's rooms anyway
How long are you planning to be in the rest room? Stage fright at the troughs means you might be waiting in line I suppose...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom