Stanford Attendance | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Attendance

Seriously, how many people decide whether to attend or not, a sporting event, based on its food ((for 2 (basketball) to 3 and a half hours(football))? Really? Particularly football that has tailgates, the quad, local restaurants etc to get food beforehand. I would think it would be more of an issue for the venue itself whether they think they are getting sufficient revenue from their concessions - not whether they are offering a higher level culinary fan experience to a sporting event. If their pretzels stink, sales revenue results will make that apparent and like the nachos they will change back or get a new supplier - it’s much more their loss than the fan’s.
nobody

I think that I am going to go with about 16 other people. Have to sleep on it one more night.

It's a function of the footprint they had to work with.

All things considered, the people that designed the dome did a heck of a job.

Many of us grew up with SU football being good, and can't miss events.

But in reality, times have changed -- and so have the options for which people can consume sports. TV broadcasts are hi def, and sports feeds are readily accessible -- so some people prefer watching in the convenience of their homes.

Sports bars weren't as big of a thing back in the day, certainly not back in the 80s [less so in the 90s]. But that's another alternative for some people.

Add in the fact that for the better part of a quarter century, the program has been down, and you've got an entire generation of fans who grew up not being obsessed with SU football.

And for the casual fans -- the seasons that we've been good have been so infrequent over that 24 year stretch, that many of them don't give a hoot.

Winning is the only thing that will create change, and make football games must-attend events again.

And even then, we aren't going to sell out every game. But if we can get to 90% for the bad games, we'll be cooking with gas again.

The ACC does not frown on it. The ACC has no position on it. That's why every school in the conference except the one in CNY has consistently shown controversial calls. But as I said above, the worm may be turning because they showed the controversial targeting call a couple weeks ago.
Yeah I know I have seen it at other games. Much like other venues show in game action from other games to kill dead space.

But effort.

I get that, but I also recall the original plans for expanding the building footprint, which I guess were given up as costing too much money. If they had connected to the Arch (Is that what it's called?), then there could have been a food court type of set up somewhere where the buildings would have connected.
I don't remember any original plans calling for expanding the building footprint. That was not possible until the new non-air supported roof was installed a couple of years ago.

But I have good news for you: the Miron Victory Court, which has been under construction for close to six months now, will connect the Barnes Center (formerly known as Archbold Gym) to the dome. I believe this project will make the eastern concourse on the upper level somewhat wider (and provide some badly needed open space for fans). Take a look at the east end of the dome the next time to go to the Dome and you can see it for yourself. Or check this site for the many updates that have been posted on this project over the past six months (and before).

Last I heard it will expected to open before the football season ends. But it has been hard to keep on schedule and I would not be surprised to see the opening pushed into basketball season.

Not speaking to the TVs, but our concourse design is really poor. I'm sure there is more walking room in a minor league baseball stadium than at the Dome.

Oh yeah, this isn’t comparing the concourse design and the time it takes to get to and from the concessions.

The point is, a minor league baseball stadium with less people that takes less time to get to and from the concessions, has TVs at their concession stands to show the action.

The point was because it does take longer because of people and the overall layout of the Dome, there is no reason they don’t have the tvs there.

Also, the bathroom thing, almost every single away stadium I have been to, as well as the NFL stadiums, pipe the radio broadcast into the bathrooms.

It’s time to make this standard practice at the Dome

How’s the bus?!
Could not be going better. We are going to install a seat from the school bus we used to ride into ours but, honestly, it is going to be a tedious process and I am still exhausted from making all of this happen.

All of my buddies think I have the coolest mom in the world after seeing her happily drive our annoying azzes every game, though. Lol

Yeah I know I have seen it at other games. Much like other venues show in game action from other games to kill dead space.

But effort.
I've actually never seen this aside from when we showed our championship soccer game during halftime of basketball.

I've been to probably 20 major college stadiums in the last 15 years and don't recall anyone doing this, but wouldn't mind it pregame. Where have you seen it?

There has to be some kind of catch with Holy Cross. No way that is a sell out the week before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom