Stanford Attendance | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Attendance

During the 1998 Tennessee game the color commentator Bill Curry said "the only place I've ever heard louder than this is LSU on a Saturday night."
Dan Conley intercepted pass in 94 vs Miami was ear piercing loud in the dome. Also the Harrison td vs Oklahoma

I can’t imagine any stadium being louder than that.

Oh yeah, this isn’t comparing the concourse design and the time it takes to get to and from the concessions.

The point is, a minor league baseball stadium with less people that takes less time to get to and from the concessions, has TVs at their concession stands to show the action.

The point was because it does take longer because of people and the overall layout of the Dome, there is no reason they don’t have the tvs there.

Also, the bathroom thing, almost every single away stadium I have been to, as well as the NFL stadiums, pipe the radio broadcast into the bathrooms.

It’s time to make this standard practice at the Dome
We do have TVs at the concession stands. I watched the beginning of the 3rd qtr there two weeks ago while waiting in line.

Dan Conley intercepted pass in 94 vs Miami was ear piercing loud in the dome. Also the Harrison td vs Oklahoma

I can’t imagine any stadium being louder than that.
That’s number 2 for me. Owens 2pt conversion is number 1.
I’m sure Siano’s TD vs Nebraska and the Kirby Dar Dar Florida opening kickoff TD are up there as well, but I wasn’t there

This has been mentioned in other threads, but I don’t understand why they can’t properly mix the crowd noise sound in the Dome on TV. They manage to mix in the excitement of the stadium crowds at other venues but at the Dome, you can barely hear it on TV. They have it wretched down so much it sounds like a muffled mess. It takes away from the telecast making it less enjoyable.

I think we're on our way to 40k and the biggest crowd of the year so far. The away sideline is still looking ugly, they really need to find a lower price point that works for those. Other than that, looking solid
Not sure how much price elasticity there really is or how much marginal revenue could be gained by lowering the price for single game seats there. There are plenty of upperdeck end zone seats available for $25 today. Upper sidelines are $46. Lower those and they will just pull ticket buyers from end zone to vastly superior seats.

We’ve been at 90% capacity the first two games, trending toward 95 for Friday and 100 the following week. Don’t think attendance is as big of a disappointment as some are making it. And be careful what you wish for. Economics 101 says if demand exceeds supply you may be priced too low!

There was a game in the 90's (Miami?), where the TV announcer said we hit 130 decibels. . Being a Db meter. The apps on your phone are NOT CAPABLE of measuring that much pressure. After 100db, USELESS.

In '19, in our stinker of a game against Clemson, I measured 118db for team intro...The polite cheer when the team takes the field. The loudest ever at the Big House was only 115db. We are SO much louder- if there is something to cheer about. Mid 120's, EASY. Prove it with an actual Decibel meter. Phone apps are USELESS.

We ARE top 10 loudest in all of College. Prove it. (Use an actual meter)

Which ones?

Because the 300 level doesn’t have them anywhere
Sure do. I have watched at the stand behind my seats in 319 many times. Unless they removed them for some reason. I’ll send you pictures Friday!

Sure do. I have watched at the stand behind my seats in 319 many times. Unless they removed them for some reason. I’ll send you pictures Friday!

Hmmm must just be the corner ones in the 300s that don’t have them

Dont remember seeing them at the sideline ones but could have missed them there

I think you have to go to the ones that are facing inwards on the 300 level. I noticed that the outside ones don't really have them that I can recall as they are the 'quick serve' stations.

Could be. Like I said, could be bigger, could be more, but they are definitely there and have been for quite some time. Think they went in when they converted the menu boards.

There was a game in the 90's (Miami?), where the TV announcer said we hit 130 decibels. . Being a Db meter. The apps on your phone are NOT CAPABLE of measuring that much pressure. After 100db, USELESS.

In '19, in our stinker of a game against Clemson, I measured 118db for team intro...The polite cheer when the team takes the field. The loudest ever at the Big House was only 115db. We are SO much louder- if there is something to cheer about. Mid 120's, EASY. Prove it with an actual Decibel meter. Phone apps are USELESS.

We ARE top 10 loudest in all of College. Prove it. (Use an actual meter)
Believe it was Florida in 91.

the issue with the tvs is that if placed flat they can only be viewed from a small set of locations while in line. If placed at an angle they can be viewed from a large distance down the concourse in either direction.

if you actually make it to a line and can look up all well and good.. but the 20 min it sometimes takes to get to the line what do you do? What if you are in the line getting to the bathrooms?

Could be. Like I said, could be bigger, could be more, but they are definitely there and have been for quite some time. Think they went in when they converted the menu boards.
Walking from the endzone in the 300's to the sideline bathrooms there aren't any tv's, I find myself instinctively looking for them all the time since I'm pretty sure there used to be old CRT's hanging up showing the game feed back in the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom