Stanford Attendance | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Attendance

true, probably coming from Chicago or someplace else in the Midwest. BTW, I love the train and Amtrak. Best way to travel if you've got time. Completely relaxing, comfortable and scenic. I've taken the train from NYC to Montreal many times and love looking out onto the Hudson River.
Couldn’t agree more. I did a solo trip around the country on Amtrak using their 15 day rail pass back in 2012. Hell of an adventure and I saw some of the most incredible scenery in my life. Would recommend to anyone, as long as you’re not on a tight schedule.

Snap I guess I'm going to the Stanford game. There is a direct 5am flight Sat morning on Jetblue to Boston so I can just drink after the game and go to the airport. I'll be home by 8am Sat too. Easy direct flight Friday afternoon to get into Hancock around 1. Jet Blue and American but both direct and total is $220 amazingly cheap can't say no.

Nice this is great!!! Can't wait to see the new Dome!!! Might bring my wife if her work allows and these fares stay the same too!

this can't be right. A train from Palo Alto to Cuse nonstop would be like 4 days
As someone who moved across the country on a train from Buffalo to Sacramento 23 years ago it’s supposed to be a 3 day trip. However, during my trip the train car with the food cart fell off the tracks. They had to stop every 3-4 hours to feed us so it took 4 days. Quite the adventure.

Since joining the ACC:

BC last year we had 42,523 announced.
2022 UVA had 34,590
2021 Liberty 29,942
2019 Pitt 44,886
2018 Louisville 42,797
2017 Central Conn 30,273
2017 Clemson 42,475
2016 Colgate 31,336
2016 Louisville 32,184
2015 Rhode Island 30,112
2014 Nova 41,189
2014 Louisville 37,569

Long story short, who the heck knows. Since the Clemson game, the conference games have generally done pretty well outside of UVA.
41k showed up for that nova monstrosity?!

Hope the casual fans jump on the bandwagon this week. Only two 300 level sections have limited availability.
IMG_5235.jpeg

Yup. Make it $10 a piece upstairs. $24 a piece for a family of 4, plus parking, and minimal food and drink is going to be $200+.
So what? I take my family of 4 to dinner and it usually costs $100. this is a special event Stanford v Cuse

Yup. Make it $10 a piece upstairs. $24 a piece for a family of 4, plus parking, and minimal food and drink is going to be $200+.

Agreed. All of us on this board are diehards and go to the games regardless of prices, parking situation, etc. I still fly in for a game or two every year, even during the GROB (sorry) years.

Unfortunately, prices are still a bit steep at this point until the casuals are convinced that spending $150+ to bring a family of four to a Syracuse football game over the variety of other activities they can spend that money on. We haven't exactly been a juggernaut the last two decades plus and casuals are just that...casuals.

I live in St Louis now and it's cheaper to go to a Missouri Tigers (single game tix plus parking) then to a Syracuse game. Keep in mind Missouri is:
1. top 10 team
2. massive alumni base throughout Missouri
3. the whole state routes for them

But still it's cheaper. They understand the importance of filling their stadium for a variety of reasons.

There are several creative ways to lower prices that have been discussed on here ad nauseum to get folks in the dome for the time being until the casuals are convinced again (STH vouchers, local community groups ticket specials, etc.). These strategies don't have to include giving them away for free and I don't think they should. However, the folks at SU unfortunately don't seem interested in doing this for whatever reason aside from an occasional 2 tickets for $44 package with a twitter post.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Agreed. All of us on this board are diehards and go to the games regardless of prices, parking situation, etc. I still fly in for a game or two every year, even during the GROB (sorry) years.

Unfortunately, prices are still a bit steep at this point until the casuals are convinced that spending $150+ to bring a family of four to a Syracuse football game over the variety of other activities they can spend that money on. We haven't exactly been a juggernaut the last two decades plus and casuals are just that...casuals.

I live in St Louis now and it's cheaper to go to a Missouri Tigers (single game tix plus parking) then to a Syracuse game. Keep in mind Missouri is:
1. top 10 team

But still it's cheaper. They understand the importance of filling their stadium for a variety of reasons.

There are several creative ways to lower prices that have been discussed on here ad nauseum to get folks in the dome for the time being until the casuals are convinced again (STH vouchers, local community groups ticket specials, etc.). These strategies don't have to include giving them away for free and I don't think they should. However, the folks at SU unfortunately don't seem interested in doing this for whatever reason aside from an occasional 2 tickets for $44 package with a twitter post.

Was just going through the 2019 yearbook this morning. From the bowl game in 2001 until the 9th game in 2018 Syracuse was never in the Polls.
I never realized how bad we were all those years.

Tom-
werent you in Orlando for the Ga Tech game where Coach P was fired? werent you dressed in Orange? That was an epic beat down at least as bad as the Indiana game. Yet you kept your clothes on. I applaud your restraint!
I was there. Remember that I was actually talking trash to GT fans before the game. I was confident we were going to take it to them and win.

What an idiot. The GT fans rubbed my face in it as the game ensued and the dumpster fire escalated, as they should have.

Not good memories. But yes, I kept my clothes on and took it like a man. Okay, I moved to the Syracuse section after about a quarter of flaming. Heard some of the big wigs talking amongst themselves about making a change.

Good times.

They should do a special to get people in: each household can get four tickets at half price to one game (and you can exclude the Miami game and maybe others). Then you get their contact info for marketing and the second offer is full price but a voucher for food/drinks, maybe $10/person or something.

If they go to both, you start offering them some deals on season tickets.

1. top 10 team

I’m calling you out on this.

I just looked at Ticketmaster and the cheapest ticket for this coming Saturday’s game against Vanderbilt is $90. There’s literally just 4 resales going for under $100, everything else is more than that.

So in other words, you’ll pay more for ONE ticket to see Mizzou play Vandy than you’d pay for FOUR tickets to SU-Stanford.

People complaining about ticket prices at the Dome are simply wrong. It’s among the cheapest tickets in power 4.

I’m calling you out on this.

I just looked at Ticketmaster and the cheapest ticket for this coming Saturday’s game against Vanderbilt is $90. There’s literally just 4 resales going for under $100, everything else is more than that.

So in other words, you’ll pay more for ONE ticket to see Mizzou play Vandy than you’d pay for FOUR tickets to SU-Stanford.

People complaining about ticket prices at the Dome are simply wrong. It’s among the cheapest tickets in power 4.
Amen, It’s not ticket prices.

If you can’t afford to go to a game, that’s fine. But don’t come on the board complaining about high ticket prices because they aren’t high based on the rest of the country. They may be high for “you” but they aren’t high in general. People conflate the two things. These are such stupid posts week after week.

If you can’t afford to go to a game, that’s fine. But don’t come on the board complaining about high ticket prices because they aren’t high based on the rest of the country. They may be high for “you” but they aren’t high in general. People conflate the two things. These are such stupid posts week after week.
I’m a season ticket holder. I’m also not blind to the fact that a lot of people are struggling financially and the first thing that goes away in a budget is entertainment dollars.

so they say Stan wants more tickets than Clemson has ever had? They have had several K in the building into the upperdeck of the visiting section.
Maybe Clemson fans bought season tickets. Tennessee and PSU did, back in the day (maybe Oklahoma, too).

SU can do what they want. But $24 a ticket is insanely low for power 4 college football.

Just be honest, you want to go to a game for free. Own it.

Sheesh, didn't expect a personal attack - I'm not asking to go to a game for free. As stated, I fly back from STL once or twice a year every year (except covid year) since I moved from Baldwinsville to STL in 2002. I'm doing my part.

Also, as I stated in my post, single game tix plus parking is cheaper. The majority of single game tickets in the third tier along the home-side sideline are $24 for every game of the season. Not sure of your logic to look on Ticketmaster as the game this Saturday vs Vandy is sold out. Every ticket you see on Ticketmaster will say Verified Resale. Sold out means the resale value will be higher, this is not what the school charged.

On the parking component, it's completely free in several lots throughout campus, also with a free shuttle. I'll save you the time before you fact check me on that too, see here:

I can assure you the food is also significantly cheaper.

Simply made an observation that I thought was worth noting on here after going to the Missouri-Buffalo game last week seeing what the total cost was vs what it is at JMA.

We'll agree to disagree about my original point that spending north of $150 for a casual fan with a family of 4 for a rather pedestrian product for two plus decades is what may be holding attendance back when that discretionary income is often decided to be spent elsewhere for many in CNY.

Last edited:
Sheesh, didn't expect a personal attack - I'm not asking to go to a game for free. As stated, I fly back from STL once or twice a year every year (except covid year) since I moved from Baldwinsville to STL in 2002. I'm doing my part.

Also, as I stated in my post, single game tix plus parking is cheaper. The majority of single game tickets in the third tier along the home-side sideline are $24 for every game of the season. Not sure of your logic to look on Ticketmaster as the game this Saturday vs Vandy is sold out. Every ticket you see on Ticketmaster will say Verified Resale. Sold out means the resale value will be higher, this is not what the school charged.

On the parking component, it's completely free in several lots throughout campus, also with a free shuttle. I'll save you the time before you fact check me on that too, see here:

Simply made an observation that I thought was worth noting on here after going to the Missouri-Buffalo game last week seeing what the total cost was vs what it is at JMA.

We'll agree to disagree about my original point that spending north of $150 for a casual fan with a family of 4 for a rather pedestrian product for two plus decades is what may be holding attendance back when that discretionary income is often decided to be spent elsewhere for many in CNY.
If you are going to take a family of 4 to do anything, it will cost you $150.

You didn't reply to my post (the free comment was to someone else). It wasn't a personal attack. I challenged the substance of your post.

If face value is $24 that's the same as SU's tix, not more. Parking at SU isn't expensive, and I have no clue what it is at Mizzou.

There's lots of reasons why SU doesn't sell out every game. Cost is not likely a major reason. SU has drawn extremely well at times in recent years.

All of 2 years ago we put 49,705 in the Dome for the NC State game. Then drew 49,861 for ND and 45,213 for FSU after that. Our prices didn't seem to be an issue 23 months ago.

You didn't reply to my post (the free comment was to someone else). It wasn't a personal attack. I challenged the substance of your post.

If face value is $24 that's the same as SU's tix, not more. Parking at SU isn't expensive, and I have no clue what it is at Mizzou.

There's lots of reasons why SU doesn't sell out every game. Cost is not likely a major reason. SU has drawn extremely well at times in recent years.

All of 2 years ago we put 49,705 in the Dome for the NC State game. Then drew 49,861 for ND and 45,213 for FSU after that. Our prices didn't seem to be an issue 23 months ago.

Touché, sir

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom