Stanford Attendance | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Attendance

Tickets in the nosebleeds for UGA vs Tenn Tech this past weekend were going for several hundred $. To see a good SEC game, you have to sell one of you kidneys. I had connections back in the late 90s shortly after I moved to Georgia where I could buy a student ticket and get in. They are super strict about that now plus I am now bald, grey and sadly can't pass for a student anymore.
Hope to see you at our pre-game/tailgate events next year at the Benz (vs. Tennessee) and at GA Tech.
I'm in Johns Creek and attend all local Syracuse football and hoops events.

I know I paid more than 30 to park and walk a long way to watch su at lsu

If I couldn't swing bringing my family of four to a game I'd go by myself; sorry kids Dad's going to the Dome!
The "family of 4" argument is consistently unconvincing. That same "family of 4" will go to some random Dave & Busters on a Saturday and drop $200+ on lousy food, games and drinks for the parents. But they can't afford a trip to the Dome?

The "family of 4" argument is consistently unconvincing. That same "family of 4" will go to some random Dave & Busters on a Saturday and drop $200+ on lousy food, games and drinks for the parents. But they can't afford a trip to the Dome?

I allowed my kid to have a birthday party at Dave & Buster's once. Once.

Now he's only allowed to go to college in a local mall.

I think cuse football is affordable, particularly if you’re savvy enough to look for deals (like the flash sales they do), check StubHub and TM, etc.

I don’t know how much parking costs - I park on a side street near Manley and walk when nice or grab a shuttle when crummier out.

Don’t blame any family with small children for not going, give major props to those who do. There have been times where I get a little restless in there, can’t imagine it for a little kid who doesn’t like football.

I think the price to get in the door is absolutely a steal with those up high corner and endzone tickets (not to mention season tickets being an incredible deal. However, I think sellouts are going to be tough with some of these prices. Sideline 300 level tickets ranging from $70 to over $100 are really expensive, and I'm not sure how much of a market there is for them. I certainly wouldnt spend $100 a pop to sit in the 300s

I will be surprised if there is significantly more than 1000 Stanford fans there.

Isn't the full allotment like 5000? Most schools won't even bother requesting that many. And unsold have to be returned to the Home team by a certain date. If Stanford requested the full 5k, then they aren't very good at math which is kind of ironic.
The SU game will allow the East Coast alumni of Stanford an opportunity to attend a Stanford game. Back in the 80's when Nebraska came to town there were a lot of East coast Cornhusker grads at the game.

Agreed, it's one of the dumbest constant axe's to grind on the forum. Just say you don't want to go to the game. I am sure cost is an issue for those that are struggling but like you said, the same family of 4 will take those dollars and spend it elsewhere, completely different arguments.

Sports & Entertainment cost money, the parking and concessions are priced high at every athletic venue in the United States. The dome is very affordable all things considered. Tired of it.

Just say you don't want to go to the game.
This is bingo. I don't begrudge anyone for not wanting to go. Life is short, and if that's not how you want to spend your weekend, more power to ya.

However, the undercurrent of attendance chatter here tends to lean heavily towards a "blame SU" perspective. The marketing is bad, the costs are too high, the parking is too difficult... on and on and on.

Bottom line is that when the team is good, and interest builds in the community, attendance is fine. Three games over 45K just 22 months ago.

The SU game will allow the East Coast alumni of Stanford an opportunity to attend a Stanford game. Back in the 80's when Nebraska came to town there were a lot of East coast Cornhusker grads at the game.
In fairness, Nebraska football is probably the most loyal fanbase in American sports. They could play a game in Fiji next weekend and would somehow have 20k fans there.

I would love to be wrong about this since I think it's exciting when the opposing team has a fan presence in the Dome, but I think people may be exaggerating how many NYC/DC-area Stanford people want to make the 5 hour trip to Syracuse to watch their very average football team.

I certainly wouldnt spend $100 a pop to sit in the 300s
Best value by far is getting seasons in the 300s just outside the higher priced sections - like 320 - and then you still have your pick of empty seats at the 50 yard line. Maybe next year the SUAD will come to their senses.

In fairness, Nebraska football is probably the most loyal fanbase in American sports. They could play a game in Fiji next weekend and would somehow have 20k fans there.

I would love to be wrong about this since I think it's exciting when the opposing team has a fan presence in the Dome, but I think people may be exaggerating how many NYC/DC-area Stanford people want to make the 5 hour trip to Syracuse to watch their very average football team.

We had announced crowds of 37,225 for Ohio and 39,550 (but it looked less than Ohio IMO). How are the ticket maps looking in comparison? If all these Stanford peeps are coming there should be less than 1k tickets available. It would look more like the Holy Cross map.

ticket master has the tickets in section 316 at $41.50. These were like $25 for the Ohio game. So for the day you’re probably in the $250+ range for a family of 4. That’s a lot. Amusement parks are cheaper. I’d pay it and make those memories but I’d do that once or twice, I probably wouldn’t do that 6x a season just like I wouldn’t go to Dave and busters 6x. I’d go once…and it’s worth it because the kids loved the heck out of it.

We had announced crowds of 37,225 for Ohio and 39,550 (but it looked less than Ohio IMO). How are the ticket maps looking in comparison? If all these Stanford peeps are coming there should be less than 1k tickets available. It would look more like the Holy Cross map.

All the sections that I would think would be away team overflow in the upper deck (somewhere between 311-316) have plenty of tickets available.

Looking at one week prior to the Ohio home opener and Stanford the maps are about the same. Fran & the players deserve more support.
IMG_8097.jpeg

Looking at one week prior to the Ohio home opener and Stanford the maps are about the same. Fran & the players deserve more support.View attachment 244916
Yep , nothing ever shocks me regarding our attendance, mark this down as a disappointment, The hardcores will be there and make it loud. Remember the excuses, “ there is no air conditioning and its too hot”, “I hate sitting on those benches “ as we suspected, it was BS and just excuses for not wanting to get off the couch…… pause for the “ Hey people have the right to stay home post” which of course they do but just say that you don’t want to go, don’t create excuses. ( Sorry Im rambling )

Last edited:
seats concessions lights none of it matters other than the loyal nobody goes unless we are winning. Its a pretty pathetic group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom