Stewart almost committed to Cuse? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Stewart almost committed to Cuse?

I agree -- what's become clear in recent years is that the staff doesn't have their finger on the pulse of what is happening with recruits they are targeting. They wholeheartedly expect things to occur [examples -- Green, Tucker], and then they are surprised when those things don't come to pass.

That's just being out of touch. And its why putting all eggs in one basket hasn't been a strategy that worked over that span of time, post-sanctions. Some of those misses were costly.

It's also why I take insider reports with a grain of salt, when information is relayed to the board second hand and stated as definitive fact -- I don't trust the coaches' instincts, given the recent track record. Them believing something will happen is great info and interesting to know, but it doesn't mean they are right.

I'd give you a gazillion likes if i could. Where's tee1222 with the giant thumb?

Only person that was flustered was Axe. I like Axe but he cowers to Jb. I know from the article hitting yesterday and then Axe having the guy on JB would call in. Jb has called into Axe over what Axe might have said or what fans calling have said over the years because he either hears it himself listening or somebody else hears it and tells him.
Are you saying Coach had an Axe to grind?

The DO article was very interesting and I think true - the last line about a disconnect between "what the program thinks it is and what it really is" is one I have to ponder. As was the "just another ACC school" line.

going to be an interesting 5 years here.

I'm pretty sure I remember Buddy really struggling shooting here for the a large part of his Freshman year. As a matter of fact, I remember him struggling this year as well for a good chunk of the year. He still clearly was never told not to shoot from 3.
Irrelevant. First, Coach clearly had a much more intimate knowledge of Buddy's abilities. Second, KR was surrounded by gifted scorers and had a unique skill on this team to drive to the basket and score or dish. Shooting the 3, and missing 78% of them detracted from his and the team's performance.

And Buddy was not playing major minutes regularly until mid to late January. KR had a much more integral role this year.

Irrelevant. First, Coach clearly had a much more intimate knowledge of Buddy's abilities. Second, KR was surrounded by gifted scorers and had a unique skill on this team to drive to the basket and score or dish. Shooting the 3, and missing 78% of them detracted from his and the team's performance.

And Buddy was not playing major minutes regularly until mid to late January. KR had a much more integral role this year.
Why wasn’t Joe instructed not to shoot when he was covered from 32-37 feet with 24 left on the shot clock?

Why wasn’t Joe instructed not to shoot when he was covered from 32-37 feet with 24 left on the shot clock?
Because mom always liked him better. Again. Irrelevant.

Axe should have just said "ok coach, you have the floor". He wasn't interested in hearing Axe's thoughts on the article at all.
At least one person involved in that call sounded like they had at least one wobbly pop or two.

“I think he played more minutes this year than I should’ve played him because of conditioning and because of all that. There’s been much made about that he said he was restricted. He was never restricted here on the court in anything except three point shooting, when he was shooting 10% from the three. I told him not to take threes. That was the only restriction put on him this year,” Boeheim said.

Um, Jim, not playing him more minutes when he was clearly the team’s best/only PG is a form of restriction.

“I think he played more minutes this year than I should’ve played him because of conditioning and because of all that. There’s been much made about that he said he was restricted. He was never restricted here on the court in anything except three point shooting, when he was shooting 10% from the three. I told him not to take threes. That was the only restriction put on him this year,” Boeheim said.

Um, Jim, not playing him more minutes when he was clearly the team’s best/only PG is a form of restriction.
It’s funny how he mentioned conditioning, Joe didn’t look like he had the greatest conditioning, not even including Covid. He says a lot of stuff.

Buddy played 35 minutes until mid Jan and 36 minutes from then on, not much of a difference.

Buddy played 35 minutes until mid Jan and 36 minutes from then on, not much of a difference.
Responded to a post about his freshman year. Go check the game log and get back to me.

If anybody has Twitch go back and listen to Axe today, JB was all over the place...Kadari had no restrictions except not to shoot 3s, sounded like he wanted Braswell to stay, said most transfers don't work out for the player, basically said goodbye to Griffin and don't let door hit you on the way out and it sounded like he wants Quincy back. I thought JB doesn't care what people say or write, he called into Axe to dispute everything in the DO article

He's insanely thin skinned. He's said as much in his biography.

I'd give you a gazillion likes if i could. Where's tee1222 with the giant thumb?
HardtofindUnequaledAmurstarfish-max-1mb.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom