SU Announces National Search for Women's Head Coach | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

SU Announces National Search for Women's Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
So frustrating waiting and watching the program falling apart especially after reading Hillsman has a job in Brazil

May I ask why you think that she will take the job if offered. Just based on my experience as a corporate recruiter people often turn down offered jobs for a myriad of reasons.
I’m by no means a “source”, no where close, but am privy to some info in this particular case.

This is going to be a rebuild no matter who takes the job or when that person starts.
Agree. With all the players that have left it is going to take several years to rebuild.
On hiring FLJ I have two concerns. First was her record at Indiana. Now I agree people can become better coaches with more experience. She has also done well in Buffalo. However the competition is not the same as the ACC.
My bigger concern is what happens if she is hired and does not succeed. She is not only a legacy but her jersey was just retired. It would be very difficult under those circumstances to fire her if she had multiple losing seasons. It could create a situation where it would take the women’s program a decade or more to recover.
Now she could be extremely successful and everything will be great. The big concern if she is not.

By the time we get a new coach, they will be on another team probably in the ACC.

If we hire somebody tomorrow, they might come back.

If this drags out for a couple of weeks, they gone.

If we hire somebody tomorrow, they might come back.

If this drags out for a couple of weeks, they gone.
Doubt it! Last year of college ball, would you play for a team that will struggle for wins or one where they might have NCAA tournament hopes?

Any coach coming in now even with portal is going to struggle to assemble a team.

John Wildhack is no fool. Pretty sure he understands a quick hire is needed to get the program on the road to recovery.

I am confident he will not sit in this for weeks.

I expect the hire announcement this week.

If you read their exit tweets, the only reason they both committed to Syracuse was to play for Coach Q.

Maybe the next coach can re-recruit them back?
Hopefully that might happen.

Doubt it! Last year of college ball, would you play for a team that will struggle for wins or one where they might have NCAA tournament hopes?

Any coach coming in now even with portal is going to struggle to assemble a team.
Nothing is guaranteed for any player who stay or enters the portal. It's a gamble, especially for players with only one more year of eligibility.

John Wildhack is no fool. Pretty sure he understands a quick hire is needed to get the program on the road to recovery.

Unless the coach is still coaching their team. We need a coach who can rebuild back to and beyond where Coach Q was.
We need to have a Coach who can be here long enough to build the program back, and pass it on to the next coach.

I hope you are right, my heart cannot take another off season with all of the players abandoning ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom