SU Small/Athletic Lineup For Tonight? | Syracusefan.com

SU Small/Athletic Lineup For Tonight?

syr02esq

Starter
I have read that sometimes Wisconsin likes to spread all five players outside the arc and bomb away. Should we consider using a small/athletic lineup to keep up with this strategy? I was thinking starting Scoop, Triche, Josephs, Southerland and the more athletic of Rak/Keita. The downside to this lineup is that in our offensive half court set, we lose the post presence of CJ Fair (and Rak) which could be costly. On the other hand, this small/athletic lineup could give us the opportunity to really pass the ball around, slash the lane and take advantage of our superior height and athletic ability over Wisconsin.

If we had a true back to the basket post presence I would say just feed him the ball and jam it down their throats but we can't do that.

Any thoughts?

I am thinking that JB is going to do something quite different for this game from a planning standpoint. Our half court O is not that great and if we aren't making our outside shots it can make for a long night.

Go offense/defense substitutions right from the opening tip. :rolleyes:

I am not trying to pick because I get what your saying but i think it's safe to say RAK is more athletic then Keita

I am not trying to pick because I get what your saying but i think it's safe to say RAK is more athletic then Keita

Probably so but at least Keita can finish a dunk.

Probably so but at least Keita can finish a dunk.

You have to be able to catch the ball before you can dunk it......

Who exactly in that lineup is smaller than in the conventional lineup? Southerland is a bigger guy than Fair and I don't see any other changes suggested.

Sounds like the regular lineup. What's different other than JS for CJ will will happen anyway during the game? Just play our game and don't worry about what Wisky wants to do. Make them adjust to us. It was Wooden's philosophy. I hope JB doesn't over think this like he did against Butler when he moved Rick Jackson to play a high post. That was a total disaster. Just do what we've done all year and play with great energy and focus. We have more talented players.

You have to be able to catch the ball before you can dunk it......

Who exactly in that lineup is smaller than in the conventional lineup? Southerland is a bigger guy than Fair and I don't see any other changes suggested.

Not smaller but Southerland is more athletic in my mind than Fair. Also, Keita I think is shorter than Rak?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom