SU-VT Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

SU-VT Thread

Those foul shots would make the bricklayer union proud.

Tee, there are a few of us who do not believe Frank to be a significant downgrade. Like you have stated and myself, why is he not playing more when Cooney plays poorly?
Only excuse to me is if Trevor's defense matters. When we cannot score a single point on his possessions, I think we need to see FH. Tonight especially, TC is tired. No way around it, so give him a rest if he ain't got the sea legs.

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Up yours ACC.

1. Virginia Tech has played 3 games in 7 days.
2. Syracuse had one extra day off since its last game.
3. All Syracuse games were at home. Virginia Tech has had to travel for 2 of the games.

Please don't use 3 in 6 days as an excuse.

It's odd, I like what JB has been doing with the rotation of late, but tonight I think it would have served us well to sit TC down from about the 5 or 6 minute mark for a few minutes. Especially with him referencing tired legs for the first time ever - seemed quite strange.

That being said, nobody is playing all that well outside of Roberson. Never seen TC so off on free throws.

I wouldn't say they're bad. They're a game below .500 in the ACC. They're an average team. St. Johns is BAD.

They can both be bad. VTech doesn't have a single 'talented'/excellent player.

This game is harsh so far. It brings out the very worst in the fans, as I am reading here.

I'm encouraged that it is only a 2 possession game. That is near miraculous.

Outlook:
1. Boeheim will shut off that entry pass to the foul line in the second half.
2. They will not bank in any more 3's.
3. We will focus less on the 3 ball in the 2nd half, but will make 4 of them

Prediction:
We'll win by 9.

1. Virginia Tech has played 3 games in 7 days.
2. Syracuse had one extra day off since its last game.
3. All Syracuse games were at home. Virginia Tech has had to travel for 2 of the games.

Please don't use 3 in 6 days as an excuse.
Pretty good points! Yeah, we suck right now. Tired still, but not doing anything about the poor shooting by making up for stellar defense or at least more penetration.

Hey.. hi to all. We are all co-miserating in the chatroom over the horrid 1st half. Just stopped in to say hi to Tee and assure everyone we are going to come roaring back in the 2nd half. Mal is going to tear it up.

Zelda Zonk said:
What do they have, 27 points at the half? The defense isn't the problem.

We should be up 39-30.

What do they have, 27 points at the half? The defense isn't the problem.
They have 27 points because, again, they arent very good. Have you been watching? They have been penetrating with ease and getting wide open layups.

Hey.. hi to all. We are all co-miserating in the chatroom over the horrid 1st half. Just stopped in to say hi to Tee and assure everyone we are going to come roaring back in the 2nd half. Mal is going to tear it up.
That's the stuff we need! Let's go.

JayCuse said:
No, the defensive effort is extremely lacking.

Sometimes shots don't fall, but our defense is awful. If VT was a half decent team, we would be getting blown out right now.

Brand new half. Let's blow these out.

We've had 3-4 3s rim out.

That's 9-12 points.

Cooney has missed 3 free throws.

They have 27 points because, again, they arent very good. Have you been watching? They have been penetrating with ease and getting wide open layups.
I dont think defense is the main problem. But when you are struggling like this on offense, you have to offset that with great defense. We arent even playing okay defense right now.

Woooohoooo! TC comes out strong - JB probably wanted a concerted effort to get him a shot early. Thought they might try to get him the last shot in the second half just to get him some confidence heading into the second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom