Suspensions? | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Suspensions?

Well it was certainly more than one player per year back then, but if you are arguing that the injuries this year are out of line - I agree with you.
I would say our recent history even beyond this year has been worse than 20-30 years ago. I won't go through the hassle of looking up games lost for starters then versus now but I'm confident there's a difference.

They're not losing a scholarship. Don't look at it as a punishment. It's accountability. We all know not all student athletes come from a good academic background. If those guys aren't monitored throughout the semester, end up being academically ineligible, and get kicked out of school, that's a disservice to them. If they're slapped on the wrist midsemester and it keeps them on track, they get to keep their scholarship and keep working toward a valuable degree. Is it better to miss a game or lose your scholarship?

Lot's of coaches have different rules. I've heard a lot them have had rules that their guys have to sit in the first two rows of all of their classes.

I knew a guy that played football at Hobart that was thankful for all of it. He wasn't a good student in high school, but he said all of the rules and structure he had taught him how to be a good student and helped him get a degree.

Edit: I didn't address the guy on academic scholarship. They have their own set of rules that are different than the student athlete. They have to maintain a higher GPA to keep their scholarship than athletes who only have to remain in good standing.
I'm not disputing anything you're saying, or making an argument that there aren't valid academic considerations.

I am saying that in everything else the only grades that matter are the ones that go on the transcript at the end of the semester.

That's how college is designed.

This presupposes a BC loss and a loss in a lower bowl with a well rested and healthy Garrett Shrader. Sorry but I’m not seeing that.
They just beat NC State in the road. I'm not sure why people think, even with Shrader, that a win over BC on the road, is just a gimme.

They just beat NC State in the road. I'm not sure why people think, even with Shrader, that a win over BC on the road, is just a gimme.
That happened after my post to be fair though.

That happened after my post to be fair though.
It was still true before your post. If you've watched Syracuse football long enough, you'll realize no games are gimmes for any team.

I'm not saying he's a problem - he may not be. But how he became such a cult hero on the board is rather inexplicable to me.

He yells and oozes of a real man oh and he can probably break a 2x4...lol

What did he say exactly?

It’s too late for me to do homework. What did he say? :)

What did he say exactly?
I can’t quote him exactly but he mentioned suspensions for this weekend and how some other schools may not have considered the infractions a big deal but it was important for the growth of the kids etc etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom