Taj gave the bird to the camera | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Taj gave the bird to the camera

Yepp. Not the only good downfield block he made.
He tries hard and clearly wants to win. I don't care for some of the stuff he does, but I wish the rest of the team played with his passion. We would be a lot better.

Taj isn't perfect but if I made a list of the best players on the team, he would definitely be in the top 5. The guy has a lot of talent.

I find it weird that Dino isn’t making him sit out the first half of Clemson or at least having him make a public apology.
Not a press conference lol but just a quick tweet saying sorry. That’s literally all it would take.

I‘m no saint so I don’t want to judge too harshly but with no public action it almost makes Dino look worse than Taj

I find it weird that Dino isn’t making him sit out the first half of Clemson or at least having him make a public apology.
Not a press conference lol but just a quick tweet saying sorry. That’s literally all it would take.

I‘m no saint so I don’t want to judge too harshly but with no public action it almost makes Dino look worse than Taj
Do we know for a fact that Dino isn't having him sit?

Do we know for a fact that Dino isn't having him sit?
He’s on the starting depth chart for Clemson. One would have to assume that means he starts the game. I know, never assume anything but part of the punishment for sitting out a half is not being a starter?

That’s not pre-game though...it’s 7-0 Duke.
I hadn't even realized it .. i thought it was just before kick-off.. which makes it even worse.. But i want to clear something up here. I am not saying Taj has Mental Illness.. That was my first thought/ reaction to seeing someone starring into the camera and doing some strange things looking into the Camera.. and i am not talking about the flexing... Maybe i worded it over the top and not really appropriate so i will apologize to the thread for that. i also do not want him kicked off the team.. He should be suspended for some amount of time IMO and we will see what happens. What i really want is for him to channel that passion into not only being a good Football Player.. but also a good teammate.. Being a good TEAMMATE AND PLAYER helps the team even more than a good player with attitude and selfish behavior... and that's what i want.. for SU and Taj to be successful...

Yeah, Taj is definitely no Devo. That's really insulting to Eric.
I am comparing him to Devo in that people came down on him all the time. I always loved Devo, but people also were very critical of him, too critical. I get it. Emotions run high. I fault none of them. I am just saying that passion is important in my book. More passion would go a long way for this team. I never had one iota of a problem with Devo but so many did. I never understood it then, and I do not understand it now. And look what Devo brings to the community now. But half of you wanted to run him out of town at one point. That is the only comparison. I am pointing out how a really good person was once misunderstood.

I am comparing him to Devo in that people came down on him all the time. I always loved Devo, but people also were very critical of him, too critical. I get it. Emotions run high. I fault none of them. I am just saying that passion is important in my book. More passion would go a long way for this team. I never had one iota of a problem with Devo but so many did. I never understood it then, and I do not understand it now. And look what Devo brings to the community now. But half of you wanted to run him out of town at one point. That is the only comparison. I am pointing out how a really good person was once misunderstood.

You didn't understand why people had an issue with Devo's off the court issues? While his on-court style isn't necessarily mine, it was his off the court stuff that drove me and others crazy.

Eric Dungey had more than enough passion without throwing up the middle finger on tv.

Last edited:
Doing something like that on TV is a poor reflection on the program and deserves a disciplinary consequence. But it shouldn't make Taj the team scapegoat for frustrated fans. I'd rather have a passionate player that makes a mistake than someone giggling on the sidelines as we get big-boyed by Liberty.

Last edited:
Cisco was listed as a starter for Duke. Tuesday depth chart means nothing.
True.

To be clear I don’t think it’s all that big of a deal to be honest. I mean look at the way SS acted towards Dabo. I just think a quick “oops my bad” tweet would good

I’m not advocating one way or the other...as that’s Dino’s job and his decision about discipline. Taj though has a pattern of some questionable judgment. If you’re preparing someone for success, one would hope that includes corrections of poor judgment. Given that Dino & the coaches are around Taj a lot more than me, I trust they are doing right by him and the program.

I will be extremely disappointed in Dino and this program if they do not publicly discipline him after he publicly gave the camera a middle finger.

that’s not “game emotion and passion”

trills late hit and throwing guys around when he gets fired up is game emotion and passion.

it’s a bad look on the program and is simply unacceptable.

I know you took a couple of psych classes doc, but maybe cool it on the mental health issues. There seems to be a ton of reaching and guessing in your "diagnosis." There are a ton of guesses on here about Taj being a cancer and Dino not doing anything about it.

Kid messed up, it is what it is. At this point we have to trust Dino to deal with it.
To be clear i did not mean to come across as "diagnosing" him. I gave my initial thought on the video without thinking of the larger Context and ofcourse I made it worse by then saying "makes me feel better about possible mental health issues" in reference to not knowing he could see himself on our new scoreboard when giving my initial thoughts. With all of that said, Yeh, i doinked up not only wording but the context of what i felt at the time. Twice... So for that I apologize and i have apologized in the thread in one other spot as well... Sometimes I need to think before typing... And to finish this off for me, I do not want him removed from the team although I think a small suspension is warranted. What i really want is for Taj to be a good player and a good teammate so that both He and SU are successful...

Last edited: