Taj gave the bird to the camera | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Taj gave the bird to the camera

He’s good but he’s not above having Ed or someone else start the first half in his stead while he watches next game.

that’d make me feel better

Here is the shot from last week...not with his team in the huddle talking to coaches...just a weird, weird bird...

<iframe src="Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="222" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>
Every game in the dome since it opened, there are a couple of instances in the telecast where you can see players make a good play, then look at the center hung scoreboard to see the replay.

It is interesting to see how they react when they realize they have been caught gawking. Some are clearing checking this stuff out when the QB is giving the play call in the huddle.

It is probably the first time many have had a chance to see themselves on a scoreboard like this. A lot of them are really into it. Not so much our guys (Taj excepted). Next game, check out the opposing players. Fun to watch.

Maybe I am making too much of it... but that doesn't scream "weird bird" to me.. That screams "some type of personality issue/mental health" issue. Think about whats going on in that video... who in there right mind does that then/under those conditions? Its not like he is on the bench or anything... I obviously could be wrong.. although i have taken a few Psych classes.. I don't know but that is our #1 WR right there.. and its not making me feel good about the coaches..that's all i can say
Every game in the dome since it opened, there are a couple of instances in the telecast where you can see players make a good play, then look at the center hung scoreboard to see the replay.

It is interesting to see how they react when they realize they have been caught gawking. Some are clearing checking this stuff out when the QB is giving the play call in the huddle.

It is probably the first time many have had a chance to see themselves on a scoreboard like this. A lot of them are really into it. Not so much our guys (Taj excepted). Next game, check out the opposing players. Fun to watch.
To be honest i hadnt thought of the fact that the scoreboard is new and he might be looking at himself playing around.. makes me feel better about possible mental health issues.. doesnt make me feel better about the coaching staff though... not one person including Babers himself... says anything to him to remind him that "Hey, we are in pregame"... It just is not a good look IMO.. and i think it says something about what kind of ship we are running right now.. and with how we look on the field as a team..coupled with his antics the past year+.. I do not like it.. One last thing.. Does anyone know if Harris father passed away at some point before attending SU? For some reason I thought i remember reading about that and Babers dealt with his mom during recruiting.. it might explain some of the attitude as well as Babers hands off approach to the kid and his patience with the antics.. not saying right or wrong.. just saying.. and i could be mis-remembering about his family as well...

To be honest i hadnt thought of the fact that the scoreboard is new and he might be looking at himself playing around.. makes me feel better about possible mental health issues.. doesnt make me feel better about the coaching staff though... not one person including Babers himself... says anything to him to remind him that "Hey, we are in pregame"... It just is not a good look IMO.. and i think it says something about what kind of ship we are running right now.. and with how we look on the field as a team..coupled with his antics the past year+.. I do not like it.. One last thing.. Does anyone know if Harris father passed away at some point before attending SU? For some reason I thought i remember reading about that and Babers dealt with his mom during recruiting.. it might explain some of the attitude as well as Babers hands off approach to the kid and his patience with the antics.. not saying right or wrong.. just saying.. and i could be mis-remembering about his family as well...
I think you are over reaching on a bit of pre game mugging for the camera.

I know you took a couple of psych classes doc, but maybe cool it on the mental health issues. There seems to be a ton of reaching and guessing in your "diagnosis." There are a ton of guesses on here about Taj being a cancer and Dino not doing anything about it.

Kid messed up, it is what it is. At this point we have to trust Dino to deal with it.

Maybe I am making too much of it... but that doesn't scream "weird bird" to me.. That screams "some type of personality issue/mental health" issue. Think about whats going on in that video... who in there right mind does that then/under those conditions? Its not like he is on the bench or anything... I obviously could be wrong.. although i have taken a few Psych classes.. I don't know but that is our #1 WR right there.. and its not making me feel good about the coaches..that's all i can say

vibes of Taurean Thompson

I know you took a couple of psych classes doc, but maybe cool it on the mental health issues. There seems to be a ton of reaching and guessing in your "diagnosis." There are a ton of guesses on here about Taj being a cancer and Dino not doing anything about it.

Kid messed up, it is what it is. At this point we have to trust Dino to deal with it.

I don’t trust Dino to deal with it because it’s been going on for 2.5 seasons. Either Dino is not doing anything, he’s ineffective in his approach or Taji is incapable of being controlled. Whatever the reason we have a problem.

I don’t trust Dino to deal with it because it’s been going on for 2.5 seasons. Either Dino is not doing anything, he’s ineffective in his approach or Taji is incapable of being controlled. Whatever the reason we have a problem.

so let’s disparage a kid and say he has a mental illness. Makes sense. Solid approach

I'm totally missing something here. It is a football game, not church on a Sunday morning. He is the Devo of our football team and I always loved and still love Devo. He is passionate and wants to win. The fact that he is sitting with Tommy is more important to me than the finger. Maybe they were building some rapor that will be needed going forward. Could we do without some of the antics, sure, but remember he is a kid learning to become a man. Give him some slack...

“He apologized to the team’ how about he publicly apologizes to the university and the fans watching. How about the children watching the game that were flipped off from a teenage child with an ego problem. The kid isn’t worth the nonsense and Dino needs to get this behavior issue in check or the cancer will spread

so let’s disparage a kid and say he has a mental illness. Makes sense. Solid approach

I never said any of that guy. Maybe you should figure out who and what you are responding too before you post your nonsense.

He took the ball 79 to the house 2 plays after this was taken

I'm totally missing something here. It is a football game, not church on a Sunday morning. He is the Devo of our football team and I always loved and still love Devo. He is passionate and wants to win. The fact that he is sitting with Tommy is more important to me than the finger. Maybe they were building some rapor that will be needed going forward. Could we do without some of the antics, sure, but remember he is a kid learning to become a man. Give him some slack...
I see what you’re saying but don’t think Harris backs up the magnitude of his antics like Devo seemed to always do. Im not sure teammates appreciate Harris either, per the complaints of graduated players. I think the kids immature and could benefit from tough love. Adversity while at Cuse helped Devo too. No one wants to see Taj ran off, but Dino needs to be more firm on this one.

I never said any of that guy. Maybe you should figure out who and what you are responding too before you post your nonsense.

you responded to me. I responded to a post saying exactly that. If you don’t trust Babers to do anything about then what is your next move? What are you looking for? Why is what I said nonsense?

I see what you’re saying but don’t think Harris backs up the magnitude of his antics like Devo seemed to always do. Im not sure teammates appreciate Harris either, per the complaints of graduated players. I think the kids immature and could benefit from tough love. Adversity while at Cuse helped Devo too. No one wants to see Taj ran off, but Dino needs to be more firm on this one.

I think the problem I see is that plenty of people have said Taj should be run off in this very thread.

Yeah, Taj is definitely no Devo. That's really insulting to Eric.

I think the problem I see is that plenty of people have said Taj should be run off in this very thread.
Eh may have been heat of the moment for some. It was a rough weekend. I wanted him suspended multiple games. Now I’d like to see him suspended one game or first half, and Ed/someone given a chance.

Eh may have been heat of the moment for some. It was a rough weekend. I wanted him suspended multiple games. Now I’d like to see him suspended one game or first half, and Ed/someone given a chance.

I believe what you are saying is fair.

Besides the action itself my issue is his apology to the team and not the viewing public, the fans. This is a classless action and to not own up to it to the public is ridiculous. Babers wants to say it is to be dealt with internally, that is fine if he REALLY DOES ANY MEANINGFUL ACTION TO HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE. Taj not only flipped off the camera he also has shown up his own QB on multiple plays. When he has dropped multiple passes in his hands this very year I have never seen a QB throw a tantrum, pound the turf to make a point of the team mate not performing as expected.
If Babers wants to help this young man he should be held accountable. Suspend him for this game, do not take him on the trip at all. This goes beyond Taj, this reflects on his team mates, the program and its possible perceptions by his fellow players in what they can and can't get away with.

This thread has become ludicrous. Fans demanding an personal apology from a player for flipping off a tv camera. Multiple game suspension. Kicked off the team. Diagnosing mental health issues of players.

Losing sucks. It really brings out the worst in almost everyone in and around the program.

If we don't win more games soon it will be like the Salem Witch Trials around here by the end of the season.