Taj gave the bird to the camera | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Taj gave the bird to the camera

You are not wrong. Everything you said is accurate. He’s also a 20 year old kid whose emotional and not using his head. Deserves a tongue lashing for doing it (although based on how undisciplined this team is, not sure that happens with this program).

I have an easier time looking past it because I can tell he cares about his craft and is not happy with the product he and his team are producing. I cannot say the same for others on this team. They could care less.
This is complete garbage and lack of accountability. He’s 20 and not 12. He’s allowed to drive a car, vote, live away from home and attend school, etc. He’s not a petulant child.

When he puts on that uniform he represents not just himself but the team, the university and the community. He chose to flip off the camera, no one and nothing made him do it; it was HIS choice. Now he needs to be held accountable for that choice. We as fans don’t even need to be privy to the accountability but there darn sure needs to be some because it’s unacceptable behavior.

Just because one person rants and raves and another person doesn't, does not mean that one cares and the other doesn't. He typically gets upset when someone fails him, in his mind. A bad pass. I almost wish the other players would have done the same thing to him when he dropped that pass.
Nope. You’re assuming you know what I am referring too and you are wrong.

Taj brings it every play. He absolutely lets his emotions and immaturity get out of hand, and deserves to be punished. But he brings it every play. Every. Play

However, when this team is getting embarrassed by (any team in NCAA) and I see guys standing around, giggling and joking and committing the same penalties and mistakes over and over, it tells me they are not committed to improving and are content with the current situation. Do you think Marrone, or Coach Mac would have put up with Darius Tisdale giggling like a school girl on the sidelines down 40 to some directional school? Unacceptable.

Nope. You’re assuming you know what I am referring too and you are wrong.

Taj brings it every play. He absolutely lets his emotions and immaturity get out of hand, and deserves to be punished. But he brings it every play. Every. Play

However, when this team is getting embarrassed by (any team in NCAA) and I see guys standing around, giggling and joking and committing the same penalties and mistakes over and over, it tells me they are not committed to improving and are content with the current situation. Do you think Marrone, or Coach Mac would have put up with Darius Tisdale giggling like a school girl on the sidelines down 40 to some directional school? Unacceptable.
I don't disagree with your point there at all. I'm just saying that the way people react to losing can sometimes be very different while caring just as much. The laughing, no way jose.

Players, whether they like it or not, are representatives of the university. We can have a thoughtful conversation about why the program is struggling but what cannot be tolerated is behavior like flipping off a television camera. He needs to be suspended for a game, full stop.

Not going to defend his outbursts, but Taj is a talented player, who fights for extra yards as well or better than anyone on the team. That was an unfortunate drop today. But he made several other outstanding plays. And he plays with a passion
i wish we had more of.
I want Zaire Franklin team style passion all week long. You can take Taj's individual me first only passion. Not all forms are the same.

My gut tells me if the program issues a warranted suspension, this may be the last time we’ve seen him in a Syracuse uniform...

Just doesn’t strike me as the kind of kid who is going to be able to understand the optics of this.
If he doesn't understand that he's in the wrong and deserves a suspension he's not the type of person I want representing this University.

arent him and tommy not good friends possibly because of a girl?

I’ll be blunt, Taj has acted like a complete @-s-s on the field his entire time here. That he was allowed to constantly chirp at DeVito last season was insane. He’s been no better this year. He should have been benched and suspended last year for his antics but the staff took a pass on that apparently. It’s stupid, he’s not worth the aggravation. Although suspending him now let’s him off the hook —he should be forced to endure the epic beating we’re gonna take next week. Then suspend him like they should’ve done last year.

You just defended his actions. Something you said you wouldn't do. I think he is a really talented player. The best wide out on our team for sure. But that isn't good enough. You need to act like a good person and a good teammate. He does neither. He shows up our QB's all the time. He isn't that good. And the gesture, well, that can just not be tolerated.
He’s 20 years old, and like a lot of 20-year-olds, he has a lot of growing up to do.