TE Landon Morris / Portal from Utah to Temple | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

TE Landon Morris / Portal from Utah to Temple

If we’re rolling, I’d give him a normal carry every once in a bit, especially at home. Get the done rocking if he can rumble for 5+
Also if it becomes such a tendency of play calling. Opens opportunity to hit play action or bootleg when he comes in…

Am I the only one that was watching the QB play more than Morris? That’s the most we’ve seen of them and they all seem to be throwing well

Keep in mind it's just 1 on 1 drills. A lot of college QBs will look good in those

This kinda is a big deal. Ask any coach in American (money3189) what the toughest personnel grouping to defend against is - its "12" personnel which is 1 RB and 2 TEs. Drives defensive coaches nutty when you have TEs that are pass catching threats. That's why we need more TEs!

I’d rather have pass catching WRs and a TE who’s a threat to catch a pass. But I don’t need TEs to be my wide receivers

No issues with the staff on this. To me this is like the interns I've had asking for a raise after a couple months and then bailing. Wish the kid well but that kind of mindset doesn't typically bode well for long term success- that said its a new world. See more of this in the professional world too.
Some interesting conversation out there I've read that directly ties how aggressive someone is switching jobs and the pay discrepancy versus someone who stays with a single company for a long period (20 years+). Pretty wild stats.

This is an example of the transfer portal being detrimental to athletes who have little patience. He doesn’t know enough yet to make a sound decision. It’s too easy. Zero accountability.

The recruiting process no longer ends on signing day. It's got to be frustrating and exhausting for coaches.

That said, i'm a firm believer these kids should have the freedom.

Last edited:
Why not play the year out? Would he be allowed to play for another team this fall? Even if he was, what team would play him after missing most of camp? Strange decision to say the least.

I actually blame T-ball for all of society's problems. That and bumper bowling. There's nothing wrong with kids tasting some failure early. Ridiculous!!!
Will this decade prove to be the one that ushers in high school and college courses designed to help you learn how to lose? I think it's time.

Why not play the year out? Would he be allowed to play for another team this fall? Even if he was, what team would play him after missing most of camp? Strange decision to say the least.
I’m guessing the plan is transfer somewhere even if not eligible this year can redshirt and get in the system, practice for the year. Instead of “waisting” a semester at a school where he’s not going to stay. Most likely Wouldn’t be playing in games this fall either way. So go to the program that he will be with long term…

My thought is he was given the opportunity in Spring ball to play WR, or at least block less. The newest frosh WR's came this summer and the coaches see them having more potential split out so they said sorry Landon, you can best help the team playing a more traditional TE role.

Dude doesn't wanna block, its fine, but his NFL position is TE.

Won’t be true after Mang has 40+ catches this season.

I saw on his Twitter that Penn state offered him but on his recruiting profile, it doesn’t indicate that? Did he have a Penn offer coming out of high school?

Not throwing shade at the highlights, but as a RB and later as a RB/TE coach, there was always a RB/LB 1 v 1 period during the week.

If you couldn’t shake the LB it was more telling than anything else. They’re put in a bad position. In that drill, it’s expected for you to get open and catch the ball.

But he does look to have a great skill set.

Not throwing shade at the highlights, but as a RB and later as a RB/TE coach, there was always a RB/LB 1 v 1 period during the week.

If you couldn’t shake the LB it was more telling than anything else. They’re put in a bad position. In that drill, it’s expected for you to get open and catch the ball.

But he does look to have a great skill set.
Yup they are all in catch technique where its meant to take away the quick pass knowing that you have help over the top.

Will this decade prove to be the one that ushers in high school and college courses designed to help you learn how to lose? I think it's time.
Go to any youth sporting event and it will become obvious that a large percentage of parents coddle their kids and don’t teach them how to except losing. They make excuse like the refs, the other team cheated, your coach didn’t play you enough or at X position. It’s a huge disservice to them becoming a functional adult down the road. No one wins all the time.

Go to any youth sporting event and it will become obvious that a large percentage of parents coddle their kids and don’t teach them how to except losing. They make excuse like the refs, the other team cheated, your coach didn’t play you enough or at X position. It’s a huge disservice to them becoming a functional adult down the road. No one wins all the time.
I couldn't agree more.

The practice after a loss is the one my son wants to skip the most, but we have a deal to get better no matter what the outcome

This isn’t new, I’ve been coaching college sports for over 10 years and If anything it’s gotten better over the last 10 years. When I first started it was worse...

This isn’t new, I’ve been coaching college sports for over 10 years and If anything it’s gotten better over the last 10 years. When I first started it was worse...

I guess I am taking a longer look at the trend. Like the last 50 years. I hope you are right that it’s starting to turn around.

Glad I was a kid in the 80's before that crap really took hold. My Dad wasn't Marv Marinovich tough but definitely didn't coddle me and my brothers.

Glad I was a kid in the 80's before that crap really took hold. My Dad wasn't Marv Marinovich tough but definitely didn't coddle me and my brothers.

I think these are actually two different things. I see them as a coach too. You can be tough with your kid and at the same time coddle then when they lose and vice versa.

Ultimately though, I think we spend too much time comparing how kids are/aren’t different than the past we remember. Some kids today workout and dedicate themselves to their sports like it’s a full time job. Some don’t. We tend to focus too much on the ones that don’t and then compare them to previous generations. Some of these kids today literally put everything in to being the best at one sport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom