Team update. | Syracusefan.com

Team update.

Bambrewer

Dad of CWB champion #24
I am posting this here because well I like this board better than the other one .LOL. But feel free to move it where ever you want. Been a bit since i have posted on here and have stayed off the boards since the bashing I took after the LSU game. But I figure I like enough of you to give you all an update. Shy is home and enjoying his break. As you all know he didnt play this year and used the redshirt. We are disappointed Shafer has gone but are looking forward to the future. The whole team seems excited about the new staff with the exception of a few still feeling them out. Shy did get up to 227 this year and dropped down to 215 by end of season but we expect him to get up to 230 235 before summer camp. The new staff is taking alot of focus off lifting heavy and winter workouts will be much lighter than previous years seems to be the plan as of now. The staff has told the kids they all start at 0 and need to prove themselves to be on the field. No kids ahead of others. Shy starts working out with a personal trainer again next week to rehab a shoulder issue and start working on speed and agilty as well as strength... that seems to be what the new staff is looking for speed over size. Shys still one of the fastest out there so we expect him to do fine with that. The position coach has indicated that the old staff has said good things about shy to them and they are looking forward to him getting alot of field time. I have No idea and do worry how he will do and fit the new system I would have been much more comfortable had the old staff stayed as shy was really getting to know the defense and I think would have played alot with the old staff but we will see how it goes. If you have any questions I will answer what I can but it probably wont be till monday the rest of this week is crazy. I have talked with alot of recruits coming in and their families they are all excited too. It is good to have shy home for a couple days but we are really looking forward to getting up there for spring ball. We have been tailgating up at skytop with the other families I would like to thank mark for inviting us to the fine mess but it was an uncomfortable day the one day we went over there. I would like to thank the 3 or 4 people who came over and said hi and talked but the rest of the crew was really not happy to see us lol. Any way enjoy your holiday and I will try and answer any questions soon.

I am posting this here because well I like this board better than the other one .LOL. But feel free to move it where ever you want. Been a bit since i have posted on here and have stayed off the boards since the bashing I took after the LSU game. But I figure I like enough of you to give you all an update. Shy is home and enjoying his break. As you all know he didnt play this year and used the redshirt. We are disappointed Shafer has gone but are looking forward to the future. The whole team seems excited about the new staff with the exception of a few still feeling them out. Shy did get up to 227 this year and dropped down to 215 by end of season but we expect him to get up to 230 235 before summer camp. The new staff is taking alot of focus off lifting heavy and winter workouts will be much lighter than previous years seems to be the plan as of now. The staff has told the kids they all start at 0 and need to prove themselves to be on the field. No kids ahead of others. Shy starts working out with a personal trainer again next week to rehab a shoulder issue and start working on speed and agilty as well as strength... that seems to be what the new staff is looking for speed over size. Shys still one of the fastest out there so we expect him to do fine with that. The position coach has indicated that the old staff has said good things about shy to them and they are looking forward to him getting alot of field time. I have No idea and do worry how he will do and fit the new system I would have been much more comfortable had the old staff stayed as shy was really getting to know the defense and I think would have played alot with the old staff but we will see how it goes. If you have any questions I will answer what I can but it probably wont be till monday the rest of this week is crazy. I have talked with alot of recruits coming in and their families they are all excited too. It is good to have shy home for a couple days but we are really looking forward to getting up there for spring ball. We have been tailgating up at skytop with the other families I would like to thank mark for inviting us to the fine mess but it was an uncomfortable day the one day we went over there. I would like to thank the 3 or 4 people who came over and said hi and talked but the rest of the crew was really not happy to see us lol. Any way enjoy your holiday and I will try and answer any questions soon.
Cream rises to the top.

You are always welcome to post on the recruiting forum.
And Merry Christmas to you and all your family and very best wishes for the New Year.

Thanks, Bam. As always we appreciate your unique perspective.

Happiest of holidays to you, Shy and the family and give us Fine Messers another shot next year!

Welcome back, missed your insight which is why I asked the question where you were which in turn started the other thread.

Happy Holidays!

Thanks for the update Bam. Happy Holidays to you

Thanx for the update. Find it interesting that the old staff spoke to the new staff about the guys considering no one was retained. I'll start with the questions. How much has the current team been able to interact with the new staff? Do you see anyone transferring? Any guess who plays at DE next year? Great to hear from u.

Have a few minutes while the prime rib is still cooking lol. He players have only had a few meetings with just a few of the coaches. Very little contact. I was told a funny story about Babers first interaction with Cordy that I don't think I can share but it was a huge help in retaining him. For the most part the kids and parents are excited. There is a couple kids going home to talk to family and make decisions. Again not really my place to put them but they are some of the kids we look forward to contributing next year and hope they choose to stay. My best guess is they look juco for a few positions. De being one of those spots. With a couple suspended and older kids leaving I don't see to mean of the kids looking to switch positions unless necessary. There are a few kids transferring but nobody that you would expect to play a lot next year aside from the freshman going home to talk

Thanks for the report, and I'm sure the time with Shy home will go too quickly for you. Change is difficult and I'm sure disappointing, but it does bring new opportunities so I'm optimistic that we'll see some special things out of some of the players that haven't had the chance to be on the field yet.

Bam,

At the risk of being considered an ass-kisser, Thanks for the update. I'm sure you're glad to have Shy back for the holidays, as I'm sure he is glad to be back. I hope you all have a great Christmas, and a Happy New Year. (I offer the same to everyone on here. I truly hope you all have a happy holdiay season!)

The most important question that I have for you Bam, How is Shy doing in the class room? How has he transitioned on the academic side? After all, the main reason for going to college, is to get a degree. That is what will really serve him for his lifetime.

Have a few minutes while the prime rib is still cooking lol. He players have only had a few meetings with just a few of the coaches. Very little contact. I was told a funny story about Babers first interaction with Cordy that I don't think I can share but it was a huge help in retaining him. For the most part the kids and parents are excited. There is a couple kids going home to talk to family and make decisions. Again not really my place to put them but they are some of the kids we look forward to contributing next year and hope they choose to stay. My best guess is they look juco for a few positions. De being one of those spots. With a couple suspended and older kids leaving I don't see to mean of the kids looking to switch positions unless necessary. There are a few kids transferring but nobody that you would expect to play a lot next year aside from the freshman going home to talk

Hope Dungey is ready to go

Bam,

At the risk of being considered an ass-kisser, Thanks for the update. I'm sure you're glad to have Shy back for the holidays, as I'm sure he is glad to be back. I hope you all have a great Christmas, and a Happy New Year. (I offer the same to everyone on here. I truly hope you all have a happy holdiay season!)

The most important question that I have for you Bam, How is Shy doing in the class room? How has he transitioned on the academic side? After all, the main reason for going to college, is to get a degree. That is what will really serve him for his lifetime.

Obviously you are...
But Bams one of the best insights we have on the board. He (and the other parents, BCubs and Kelly included) give us a glimpse into the part of the world most of us fans only wish we could be a part of.

Happy holidays Bam. I think I didn't know you were at the Fine Lot the day you came, somehow I missed you. Sorry about that.

I think Shy is destined to do great things. Can't wait to see him win a starting spot at LB this spring!

Bam,

He is doing ok not great. He stayed eligible but I figured first quarter would be hard adjusting to the schedule. He didn't make the 3.0 club but was close. I hope the holidays are good for you all also!

Happy holidays Bam. I think I didn't know you were at the Fine Lot the day you came, somehow I missed you. Sorry about that.

I think Shy is destined to do great things. Can't wait to see him win a starting spot at LB this spring!
That's ok I'm sure we will catch up at the spring game or another time soon. We just hope he fits the system and the coaches like what he can bring. They seem to blitz less so we are worried about that but hopefully he fits in

Looking forward to seeing Shy on the field. I hope Shy is comfortable with that added weight. Merry christmas to your family and you ,of course and Happy New Year full of excitement for Shy and his family. I'm sure the Orange fans will be excited for the red-shirts to join the active players. A whole lot of talent there. I like the new coaching staff. I have long thought that perhaps the rigorous training off season may contribute to injuries.

With Thompson gone, they may not have a choice but to blitz

Some Cover 2 coaches actually view that as even better reason not to blitz. Theory that we need to be even more careful not to give up big plays, keep the ball in front of us, and force the offense into long drives in order to score thus increasing the potential for mistakes by the offense.

Some Cover 2 coaches actually view that as even better reason not to blitz. Theory that we need to be even more careful not to give up big plays, keep the ball in front of us, and force the offense into long drives in order to score thus increasing the potential for mistakes by the offense.
I believe Babers said the opposite when asked to describe his Defense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom