Thamels Has Babers Top UMD Option | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Thamels Has Babers Top UMD Option

I’d prefer an empty BC venue and all their best recruits wearing Syracuse Orange.

I generally root for all of the teams we play to lose all their games but the one against us.*

*unless coached by a douchenozzle

I understand the sentiment but I have a more worldly view of college football

I don’t think there is any scenario where every BC recruit will look at Syracuse. They grab tons of Jesuit kids who don’t even give us a second look. WE want the survival and prosperity of private schools that fall under the ND/USC standard.

I believe our football rival should be strong where the game becomes something.

The top 25 doesn't mean the brand is improving it means the football is improving. Addazio has turned around BC faster than anyone thought he would. I live in Boston, do u want me to move? I follow the team closely because i actually rooted for them before i went to SU in the early 90s. is that a federal offense?

The brand is damaged. Anyone who doesn't recognize that is an ostrich. That is not a shot at Dino at all. IN fact it's a compliment to him for coming in the first place and turning things around. He's been fantastic and has done things i never expected.

But we need to fix the brand in the eyes of the media who consider us a lesser ran still. I agree with PA that we can overcome it but it will take time (which is what i said before).
So 6 years going on 7 years is a fast turnaround for the Dazzler? He has a record of 37 - 35 at BC with a 6-2 record in his 6th year so far. And every record is 7-6 with a 3-9 thrown into the mediocre for good measure.

All that and he has a 2-3 bowl record.

Sounds like he wins just enough not to get fired and has brought them to a ceiling of 7-6.

I understand the sentiment but I have a more worldly view of college football

I don’t think there is any scenario where every BC recruit will look at Syracuse. They grab tons of Jesuit kids who don’t even give us a second look. WE want the survival and prosperity of private schools that fall under the ND/USC standard.

I believe our football rival should be strong where the game becomes something.

It’s fine to root for NE football to do well. If you want to root for BC too, go for it. I just think the value of strong NE football was being overstated. I’d love for us and BC to be undefeated before we rip them for a place in the playoff. But it doesn’t matter to me where they are located.

The intent of this article isn't that Babers is going to go coach at UMD. The intent of this article is to put the spot light on Babers and put him at the forefront of all coaching searches going forward to try to dislodge him from Syracuse. Syracuse scares people, in the B1G, like Penn St.

The intent of this article isn't that Babers is going to go coach at UMD. The intent of this article is to put the spot light on Babers and put him at the forefront of all coaching searches going forward to try to dislodge him from Syracuse. Syracuse scares people, in the B1G, like Penn St.

And it was written by a Syracuse alum. Ha.

So 6 years going on 7 years is a fast turnaround for the Dazzler? He has a record of 37 - 35 at BC with a 6-2 record in his 6th year so far. And every record is 7-6 with a 3-9 thrown into the mediocre for good measure.

All that and he has a 2-3 bowl record.

Sounds like he wins just enough not to get fired and has brought them to a ceiling of 7-6.

I don’t think that a program that has suffered thru the GERG error and not been bowling since 2013 can cast aspersions at a coach who has taken his team to a bowl nearly every year, and only had 1 really bad season.

If there's anything that land grant football factories are afraid of, it's northeastern privates that have gone 22-31 over the five years.
Syracuse has been a great power twice and it's happening again. No other eastern school has all the intangibles that SU has, other than Penn State. BC no, Pitt, always second fiddle in Pa., Rutgers, Temple, UCONN, UMASS---Nada. They are using their media power to put the kibosh on our third dynasty.

They are using their media power to put the kibosh on our third dynasty.

tumblr_lkbhfvBeip1qj9qhto1_500.gif.cf.gif

If there's anything that land grant football factories are afraid of, it's northeastern privates that have gone 22-31 over the five years.
Delaney is thinking Michigan State covering up for a rapist, Ohio State’s problems with domestic violence aren’t problematic and Maryland football trainers causing a football player to heat stroke to death aren’t priorities no must keep the ACC from having a successful rebuild at Syracuse.
Yeah that will distract from these national headlines.
The Big Ten doesn’t care about Babers.
I am more pissed at Thamel for how little regard he has his for his Alma mater and how little thought he puts into lists.

Then you can explain to me why Dino is on that list, at the top, when their is 0.000% chance of him taking the coaching job at that defunct institution? It makes no sense on it's face, does it?

Delaney is thinking Michigan State covering up for a rapist, Ohio State’s problems with domestic violence aren’t problematic and Maryland football trainers causing a football player to heat stroke to death aren’t priorities no must keep the ACC from having a successful rebuild at Syracuse.
Yeah that will distract from these national headlines.
The Big Ten doesn’t care about Babers.
I am more pissed at Thamel for how little regard he has his for his Alma mater and how little thought he puts into lists.
If we can keep Babers here and he really gets things going, he will eat Penn States lunch and become THE power in the northeast. Then the eastern flank of the B1G would be a complete disaster.

Syracuse has been a great power twice and it's happening again. No other eastern school has all the intangibles that SU has, other than Penn State. BC no, Pitt, always second fiddle in Pa., Rutgers, Temple, UCONN, UMASS---Nada. They are using their media power to put the kibosh on our third dynasty.

If you hear noises over your house I'd be concerned about Scarlet and Grey helicopters coming to take you to Delaneys black sire cause i think you're *this* close to breaking this whole thing open.

Talking about conferences like they're enemy armies is definitely the sign of a normal brain that in no way should get off the internet for a minute or two.

Talking about conferences like they're enemy armies is definitely the sign of a normal brain that in no way should get off the internet for a minute or two.
Dude. College football is Risk and Game of Thrones rolled up into 1. Once you compromise and collapse an enemy's flank, you go for the kill with an attack on their center. Hellooo Michigan and OSU, your days are numbered.

Dude. College football is Risk and Game of Thrones rolled up into 1. Once you compromise and collapse an enemy's flank, you go for the kill with an attack on their center. Hellooo Michigan and OSU, your days are numbered.

Yep. Just normal brains with normal takes here.

If we can keep Babers here and he really gets things going, he will eat Penn States lunch and become THE power in the northeast. Then the eastern flank of the B1G would be a complete disaster.
Please stop. Syracuse doesn’t have the local talent to be Penn State.
Syracuse can be a solid football program and an elite basketball program because of where the talent is located.
Penn State has a 100k stadium they have a cult to fill it every week.
Best case scenario for Syracuse is we become Northwestern/Stanford and win 8-9 games a lot and are competitive in our best years for a conference title.
Syracuse football can never become a superpower unless the local NYS FB becomes a top 10 State in producing talent.

The #hotsportztake police are executing an arrest warrant for that take.

It was kind of an insult to the term hot take.

How did Penn State survive during our ‘87 - ‘98 run?

Syracuse can be a solid football program and an elite basketball program because of where the talent is located.
Best case scenario for Syracuse is we become Northwestern/Stanford and win 8-9 games a lot and are competitive in our best years for a conference title.
Syracuse football can never become a superpower unless the local NYS FB becomes a top 10 State in producing talent.

Agree with this.

Plus the nexus of football power has been drifting further and further South.

I don't know about Stanford, but we can be Duke. Great basketball, very good lacrosse and good football. Or we can be Virginia. Or UNC.

The term "eating their lunch" has always been used to signify taking away a person or entities sustenance, what they need to survive and grow. In this case that would mean beating them on the recruiting trail for the choicest players. And Babers will, if he stays with Orange nation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom