The ACC is not loving us | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The ACC is not loving us

0_6ab9f_81df06fb_XXL.jpg

Someone make this a Duke and SU fan fighting over a ACC flag.

0_6ab9f_81df06fb_XXL.jpg

Someone make this a Duke and SU fan fighting over a ACC flag.
FYI TrueBlue, Duke is called in NC the University of New Jersey at Durham. Duke isn't Southern. Their students come predominantly from the NY, NJ, CT areas. Duke is more of a Northern Yankee school than most other ACC teams in the eyes of North Carolina Tarheel fans.

FYI TrueBlue, Duke is called in NC the University of New Jersey at Durham. Duke isn't Southern. Their students come predominantly from the NY, NJ, CT areas. Duke is more of a Northern Yankee school than most other ACC teams in the eyes of North Carolina Tarheel fans.

Ah darn.

Nevermind forget it. UNC, NC St., FSU etc. irrelevant, irrelevant, irrelevant.

UNJ-D? I love it!

:rolling:

i dont blame them.

if it was reversed, i hate them with all my might.

hell, i look at this years SuperBowl and i go...Seattle??? Fn bullspit expansion team...and an afc team to boot. What are they doing not only in the Bowl, but in the NFC?? F this, go Broncos.

id likely hate them too, but the AFL/NFL merger was before my time so theyre 'grandfathered' in.

i dont blame them.

if it was reversed, i hate them with all my might.

hell, i look at this years SuperBowl and i go...Seattle??? Fn bullspit expansion team...and an afc team to boot. What are they doing not only in the Bowl, but in the NFC?? F this, go Broncos.

id likely hate them too, but the AFL/NFL merger was before my time so theyre 'grandfathered' in.
Go Hawks!

Duke never issued a public apology to Tyler Lewis or NC State because the chant never happened. if it did happen I promise you Duke and Coach K would have issued a public apology and there would also be footage of Coach K motioning the crowd to stop which he has done at hate filled chants in the past.

again, the chant was "past your bedtime"

Duke never issued a public apology to Tyler Lewis or NC State because the chant never happened. if it did happen I promise you Duke and Coach K would have issued a public apology and there would also be footage of Coach K motioning the crowd to stop which he has done at hate filled chants in the past.

again, the chant was "past your bedtime"

You make it sound like it happens often.

lol. jesus, it's amazing how the media can twist minds.

the chant was "Past your bedtime"

One of my x girlfriends go to Duke and she said the original chant was making fun of the players grandmother. Then they changed it.

Carolina does not resent Syracuse nor PITT's success in basketball this year or any year. Your schools were invited because of great academics, historically relevant football, good all around olympic sports, and excellent basketball. Your excellence is an asset and welcomed. What comes across as disrespectful is when Coach Boeheim continues to make public comments like, "...this was a BIG East game, forget about the ACC." Everyone understands lamenting loss of traditional rivalries. We play Wake in football once evey six years and the traditional round robin basketball schedule is a thing of past. It is just that this continuous " BIG East was so much better" evokes negativity when it was the ACC that allowed futures of Syracuse and PITT to be secure. Ask UCONN. GO HEELS!

No love in NC for SU. All Carolina/Duke all the time.

Too bad...ACC asked for it...they got it...

I am from LI NY...been here for 17 years carrying the SU Flag. Going to have f un at Wake tonight. Let's go Orange!!

Carolina does not resent Syracuse nor PITT's success in basketball this year or any year. Your schools were invited because of great academics, historically relevant football, good all around olympic sports, and excellent basketball. Your excellence is an asset and welcomed. What comes across as disrespectful is when Coach Boeheim continues to make public comments like, "...this was a BIG East game, forget about the ACC." Everyone understands lamenting loss of traditional rivalries. We play Wake in football once evey six years and the traditional round robin basketball schedule is a thing of past. It is just that this continuous " BIG East was so much better" evokes negativity when it was the ACC that allowed futures of Syracuse and PITT to be secure. Ask UCONN. GO HEELS!
The ACC was dominant, but the Big East was always a dominant conference, as well. The ACC had been down lately and has been dominated by UNC and Duke with maybe one or two others crashing the party, whereas the Big East was up lately with a handful of dominant programs. Boeheim's comments about it being a Big East game was more about the style of play. It was a very physical game.

Our football fans are completely over the Big East. Most of our basketball fans are as well, but the Northeast alums/fans who aren't because they miss the Big East its they miss being able to take over the smaller Big East schools arenas and attend more games. I miss only the Big East Tournament at MSG, but any Syracuse fan who look at the big picture aren't upset. This thread started because 0.01% of the UNC fanbase called into a dumb Charlotte radio station and started complaining about Syracuse/Pitt being at the top of the ACC. I don't believe JB's comments are that bad as they are in the heat of the moment after a tough game he is has been totting the company line since the beginning of the year.

I'm amazed that people don't realize he was specifically talking about a "Big East style" game. Rough and tumble, lots of bumping, etc... That's not disparaging the ACC, it's the style of play the OBE was known for. What it really comes down to is people in the old ACC get their panties in a bunch over any little thing that they subjectively believe could be disparaging to them.

Our football fans are completely over the Big East. Most of our basketball fans are as well, but the Northeast alums/fans who aren't because they miss the Big East its they miss being able to take over the smaller Big East schools arenas and attend more games. I miss only the Big East Tournament at MSG, but any Syracuse fan who look at the big picture aren't upset. This thread started because 0.01% of the UNC fanbase called into a dumb Charlotte radio station and started complaining about Syracuse/Pitt being at the top of the ACC. I don't believe JB's comments are that bad as they are in the heat of the moment after a tough game he is has been totting the company line since the beginning of the year.
I don't think that paints an accurate picture and your thought imo are too broad in their application to the fan base. I won't speak for the general fanbase but a trend I've noticed here (that I concur with) is that the conference slate is kinda boring and less interesting than what we've been accustomed to in the last 7-8 years. The move had to happen but we are watching a weaker conference than the one we got to see during that time frame. If that hurts feelings of other acc people, well frankly I don't care. They can say what they want, when it comes to settling it on the court we're going to come out on top most of the time.

I'm amazed that people don't realize he was specifically talking about a "Big East style" game. Rough and tumble, lots of bumping, etc... That's not disparaging the ACC, it's the style of play the OBE was known for. What it really comes down to is people in the old ACC get their panties in a bunch over any little thing that they subjectively believe could be disparaging to them.
This.
Methinks the old ACC stalwarts doth protest too much.
Fact is they are a little sensitive at what everyone has known for years now: The ACC was a 2-team league, like a donut with nothing in the middle. Pitt, L'Ville, ND, and Cuse are coming in to shake things up, and apparently it has all of them a little nervous.
F' em!
flip the bird.jpg

This.
Methinks the old ACC stalwarts doth protest too much.
Fact is they are a little sensitive at what everyone has known for years now: The ACC was a 2-team league, like a donut with nothing in the middle. Pitt, L'Ville, ND, and Cuse are coming in to shake things up, and apparently it has all of them a little nervous.
F' em!
View attachment 7189

But but but the "conference" has "won" several titles in the last decade or so. So that means it must be a strong league! Or so I've been told by "old guard" fans.

Silly Southerners - like I tell them here in Little Rock - We came down and kicked your ass once - don't make us do it again.

We are nothing more than Carpet Baggers from the north as far as the old school ACC is concerned. They may need us but they ain't gonna ever like us.

A snippet from Space Seed...

Captain Kirk: Mr. Spock, you misunderstand us. We can be against him and admire him all at the same time.
Mr. Spock: Illogical.
Captain Kirk: Totally.

Trying to figure out if this applies...in either direction.

I agree JB's comments after the Pitt game were not respectful to the ACC.

I don't expect you to change your mind on this, but he is an intensely loyal guy who spent most of his life helping to build the Big East from scratch. He respects the ACC a lot but fought a lot of battles against that worthy adversary and it is a little hard for him to accept being on the other side of the battle now.

It was more of a statement of pride for where his team has come from than an attempt to denigrate the conference that in many ways has saved the Syracuse athletic program from an awful fate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom