The Carrier Dome Renaming Thread... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

The Carrier Dome Renaming Thread...

Does Wegmans even advertise? Cant remember the last time I saw a Wegmans commercial
my conspiracy theory is that it will be the Wegman's Dome and here's why. The last few basketball games, men's and women's, Wegman's started plastering their name all over the place. I had never seen any Wegman's advertising in the dome as Tops was the sponsor. Also Tops no longer sponsors the family friendly area, I think it's an insurance company that sponsors that space now.

Wegman's was advertising on the ribbon and on the sign above the players tunnel. I think I may have a 60% chance of being correct on this theory.

I hope that whatever the name is that is slapped on the building, we start referring to it as an arena

Wegmans Arena
Fucillo Arena
Toys R Us Arena

It just works, no matter who the sponsor is. And arena just sounds cooler. "Arena" screams closed, confined space, with rabid fans encircled all around. Welcome to The Arena

I hope that whatever the name is that is slapped on the building, we start referring to it as an arena

Wegmans Arena
Fucillo Arena
Toys R Us Arena

It just works, no matter who the sponsor is. And arena just sounds cooler. "Arena" screams closed, confined space, with rabid fans encircled all around. Welcome to The Arena

Football teams don't play in "arenas". They play in stadiums.

Unless it's Arena Football.

my conspiracy theory is that it will be the Wegman's Dome and here's why. The last few basketball games, men's and women's, Wegman's started plastering their name all over the place. I had never seen any Wegman's advertising in the dome as Tops was the sponsor. Also Tops no longer sponsors the family friendly area, I think it's an insurance company that sponsors that space now.

Wegman's was advertising on the ribbon and on the sign above the players tunnel. I think I may have a 60% chance of being correct on this theory.

That increase was likely part of the deal to gain the exclusive grocery store sponsorship away from Tops.

If Wegman’s gets a renaming deal, it will show a weakness of cash economics, but perhaps some rev share on stadium food and a commitment to educational pursuits, like the Falk School Nutrition program.

As a 17 year employee of Chase-Pitkin (WEGMANS), I would be thrilled but honestly suprised. As a company that spans a lot of ACC territory, it makes a world of sense. I’d be suprised because they are a Rochester company, and I can’t think of a time they put their name on anything of that magnitude.

The U.S.W.R. (Upstate Shredding - Weitsman Recycling) Stadium/Arena

Doesn't have the best ring to it, but Adam doesn't care.

but seriously doubt that su would affiliate with a gambling venue.
The entire eastern upper deck is covered with a Turning Stone banner during basketball season. Money is green and I’m sure they would gladly take Turning Stone’s money.

Name of the building each year for the 5* recruit we pull in. "Give" it to them for free each year as a recruiting incentive.

2022: Welcome to the "Dior Dome"

Danny Dome or nothin...

The entire eastern upper deck is covered with a Turning Stone banner during basketball season. Money is green and I’m sure they would gladly take Turning Stone’s money.

If it came with an agreement to return the nickname to Orangemen and come to common ground on how to properly appreciate the Saltine Warrior...

Wegmans Arena
Fucillo Arena
Toys R Us Arena

With all the concrete the wegmans coliseum seems more appropriate.

You guys are nuts.

I don’t care what Syracuse is paid to call it...that building will always be...”The DOME”.

they can fix the roof and rename the Hall of Languages the Wegmans Education Center for all the Fluck i care, but it will always be the Hall of Languages to me.

let’s just hope that changing the name of what the building should be called by the talking heads paid to mention it...isn’t just distraction to wear more blue and grey and not ORANGE for football.

You guys are nuts.

I don’t care what Syracuse is paid to call it...that building will always be...”The DOME”.

they can fix the roof and rename the Hall of Languages the Wegmans Education Center for all the Fluck i care, but it will always be the Hall of Languages to me.

let’s just hope that changing the name of what the building should be called by the talking heads paid to mention it...isn’t just distraction to wear more blue and grey and not ORANGE for football.

What would you know about the Hall of Languages?

Name of the building each year for the 5* recruit we pull in. "Give" it to them for free each year as a recruiting incentive.

2022: Welcome to the "Dior Dome"
Would Charlize Theron be the new mascot?

You guys are nuts.

It's not a dome anymore. That's why we get to rename it ;)

i just googled and didnt see a single article mentioning any negotiations with carrier.

the most recent articles (and there a lot of them) i can find are from football season when we dropped carrier and started calling it "the dome" on everything. As far as im concerned and what everyone assumed in august is that we are wiggling out of legalities with carrier and it will have a new official name upon reopening or whenever the corridor that changes the footprint is completed. Not sure what negotiations you are referring to.
What articles would you expect before an announcement of an agreement? I said there had been none announced. Maybe none will be, if no agreement has been reached, that does not say negotiations have not been ongoing. You can make any conclusions you want but there has been no definitive announcement one way or the other.

but seriously doubt that su would affiliate with a gambling venue.
They already have done, but I also do not think it would be them. I do not believe Wegmans would do it either.

Last edited:
Key is to get market rate of 5M per year, whatever its called. Use the money for continual improvements to interior. Allow sponsor to put shiny sign on building. I would think Wegmans with its continued growth and trajectory would make perfect sense.

What articles would you expect before an announcement of an agreement? I said there had been none announced. Maybe none will be, if no agreement has been reached, that does not say negotiations have not been ongoing. You can make any conclusions you want but there has been no definitive announcement one way or the other.
I would still like to know who is suppying the chillers for A/C which has been moved to 2021, because that would be the ultimate middle finger if not Carrier.

Last edited:
It's not a dome anymore. That's why we get to rename it ;)
534C359A-8B06-473D-A82C-85BD0A397E63.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom