The Cisco, Trill, Iffy Draft Watch Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Cisco, Trill, Iffy Draft Watch Thread

Iffy towards top and Cisco towards bottom of round 2.

ROUND 2​

33. Jaguars: Wyatt Davis, IOL, Ohio State
34. Jets: Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
35. Falcons: Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse
36. Dolphins (via HOU): Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
37. Eagles: Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU
38. Bengals: Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida
39. Panthers: Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
40. Broncos: Levi Onwuzurike, DL, Washington
41. Lions: Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia
42. Giants: Jayson Oweh, EDGE, Penn State
43. 49ers: Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky
44. Cowboys: Osa Odighizuwa, DT, UCLA
45. Jaguars (via MIN): Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
46. Patriots: Richie Grant, S, UCF
47. Chargers: Rashad Weaver, EDGE, Pittsburgh
48. Raiders: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
49. Cardinals: Milton Williams, DT, Louisiana Tech
50. Dolphins: Landon Dickerson, IOL, Alabama
51. WFT: Dyami Brown, WR, UNC
52. Bears: Davis Mills, QB, Stanford
53. Titans: Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami
54. Colts: Aaron Robinson, CB, UCF
55. Steelers: Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame
56. Seahawks: Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson
57. Rams: Creed Humphrey, IOL, Oklahoma
58. Ravens: Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse
59. Browns: Gregory Rousseau, DL/EDGE, Miami
60. Saints: Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee
61. Bills: Kendrick Green, IOL, Illinois
62. Packers: Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
63. Chiefs: Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
64. Buccaneers: Joe Tryon, EDGE, Washington

We are definitely going to miss those dudes.

I truly believe we started this season with all 4 secondary players as future pros. I don't know that's ever happened before for us, or if it will ever again
It may not feel like we're going to miss them as much since only one really played last year. I miss what might have been though. Would've been the best secondary since Darius and Jones both went in the first round?

PFF has:

Cisco going #49.(2cnd)

Iffy #175 (6th)

Trill not listed in their top 200. Seems another year under his belt could have upped his initial pay day.
Why did they leave early with those projections?

God damnit...

Im happy for each of them but selfishly wanted another year of that secondary so badly

God damnit...

Im happy for each of them but selfishly wanted another year of that secondary so badly
Another year? I would've liked one. They never all actually played a year together.

Hope trill gets drafted but I think he should have stayed one more year. Would have been a stud next year. Probably a first or second round pick. With limited playing time this year and no real combine really limited in impressing nfl teams.

Hope trill gets drafted but I think he should have stayed one more year. Would have been a stud next year. Probably a first or second round pick. With limited playing time this year and no real combine really limited in impressing nfl teams.
I think one more year and they are all ones

I think one more year and they are all ones
I think Iffy may have been the same. He was a multi-year starter. Teams know what they're getting. Maybe more team success raises his profile. Another full year for Cisco may have helped since he only had one and it was as a freshman. I think Trill would've benefited the most.

Each is projected solid day 2’s. Id say they all made good decisions. Each had injury issues
Sometimes it's the injury issues that scare teams away. Putting a full healthy year on the resume may have helped.

Sometimes it's the injury issues that scare teams away. Putting a full healthy year on the resume may have helped.
Sure, but if you’re already projected to be drafted why risk a bigger injury and losing it all during another year in college? These kids will be drafted and have their bodies taken care of by the best money can buy

Each is projected solid day 2’s. Id say they all made good decisions. Each had injury issues
I have not seen Trill projected as a solid day 2. A couple had him in round 4. Others 5 and 6. Big money difference between those rounds and a 1or 2 which I think he would have been with one more year.

I have not seen Trill projected as a solid day 2. A couple had him in round 4. Others 5 and 6. Big money difference between those rounds and a 1or 2 which I think he would have been with one more year.
After pro day testing, pro football network at least has him likely a day 2. Eagles/Broncos/Titans/Panthers as potential landing spots

But - what if they don’t?

Now “injury prone” is a trend, and not a good one. Little upside, lots of downside.

They all made the right call, for them.
Anybody who thinks otherwise, is doing so from the aspect of a Cuse fan wanting them to help the team win next year, and not from the perspective of what’s in the players best interests.

These guys didn’t dream of going to Syracuse and playing a full season, for what will likely be a 6-6 type squad.
They dreamt of going to the NFL.

And now those dreams are about to be realized.

Sure, but if you’re already projected to be drafted why risk a bigger injury and losing it all during another year in college? These kids will be drafted and have their bodies taken care of by the best money can buy
Depends on where your drafted.

Correct. When you are reasonably confident (>90%) that you are about to be paid 7 figures, you say yes. Nothing is guaranteed, particularly that first draft pick In the career arc.

Not only could they get hurt, they could have a dip in performance (perceived or real) or other things could happen. When 1 outcome is 7 figures almost all the other outcomes are worse.

But - what if they don’t?

Now “injury prone” is a trend, and not a good one. Little upside, lots of downside.

They all made the right call, for them.
Anybody who thinks otherwise, is doing so from the aspect of a Cuse fan wanting them to help the team win next year, and not from the perspective of what’s in the players best interests.

These guys didn’t dream of going to Syracuse and playing a full season, for what will likely be a 6-6 type squad.
They dreamt of going to the NFL.

And now those dreams are about to be realized.
My opinion isn't coming at it from the perspective of a fan. If it was, I would argue for Iffy to return. I think it's a good choice for Cisco too despite me, as a fan, only getting to see him play for less than two seasons' worth of games. I think he had a shot to raise his draft stock if he came back, but is projected high enough that his move makes sense. Trill is the only one I really question because he doesn't have much film and his projections seem to be all over.

Your comment about them making the right call, for them, is too absolute a statement. We won't know for certain if it's accurate for a few years. Just because someone has the right to make a certain decision, and I firmly believe all of them have the right to decide, doesn't mean they always make the right one. I know I haven't, and, in retrospect, wish I had made some differently.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom