The masses are catching on | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The masses are catching on

Status
Not open for further replies.
ND is very good this year and are smoking MSU right now. That will be another blowout loss for us this weekend sadly.
MSU is missing two of their top 5 players... ND just lost to Bonnies and had a lot of close games so far in their non con.

I have read many times in this forum that the big-money donors are backing Jim and not pushing for him to resign. Eventually, they will pull the cord but obviously in most eyes not soon enough. I would love for Jim to head out the door in a positive light but he will continue to drag this out and damage his program.
It’s about access . Big pockets wants access . They aren’t sure they’ll have access to the next guy despite deep pockets

...and ”Barstool” is underselling Big Cat.

Pardon My Take is the number one sports podcast in the country.
Big cat , Caleb , stew finer, and jersey jerry are treasures . Otherwise barstool can burn to the ground

You that is coming at some point. I wouldn't be surprised to see an eruption or sorts in the next few games.

JB is probably going to fly off the handle at the next presser. I guarantee Juli and JW are telling to keep quiet but he can’t help himself. He’ll come out with both guns blazing and say a bunch of ridiculous stuff and look like a complete arse.

JB is probably going to fly off the handle at the next presser. I guarantee Juli and JW are telling to keep quiet but he can’t help himself. He’ll come out with both guns blazing and say a bunch of ridiculous stuff and look like a complete arse.
The funny (not funny) part is that he'll say he doesn't pay attention to what people on message boards and sports talk radio say, then go on to quote their criticisms almost verbatim.

Notre Dame is what it was in the Big East in the ACC. A few really good seasons mixed in with some truly terrible ones. A couple of elite 8 appearances and an ACC tournament Championship.

Pitt was doing fine until they finally got frustrated with Dixon losing too many times early in the tournament and he bolted for TCU before they could fire him. They botched the next hire with Stallings and have never recovered.

Louisville has gone in the trash heap once Pitino was fired and is on their 5th coach in 7 years. It's been a terribly managed Athletic Department for the last 8 seasons.

Syracuse can't let go of the past and has had a consistently slow decline.

None of this has to do with conference affiliation. Louisville, Syracuse, and Pitt would suck in the Big East if all these same events happened.

Last edited:
Notre Dame is what it was in the Big East in the ACC. A few really good seasons mixed in with some truly terrible ones. A couple of elite 8 appearances and an ACC tournament Championship.

Pitt was doing fine until they finally got frustrated with Dixon losing too many times early in the tournament and he bolted for TCU before they could fire him. They botched the next hire with Stallings and have never recovered.

Louisville has gone in the trash heap once Pitino was fired and is on their 5th coach in 7 years. It's been a terribly managed Athletic Department for the last 8 seasons.

None of this has to do with conference affiliation. Louisville, Syracuse, and Pitt would suck in the Big East if all these same events happened.

Not really. That league is easy and wide open Providence and Georgetown have won the last two titles and Villanova fell apart the second Wright left.

Literally within 10 games of Wright leaving Nova the glory days are back for Uconn.

Don't you understand? Everything would be great if we were in the Big East. Kids from Philly don't want to play Virginia, Duke, Carolina and Louisville. They want to play Creighton and DePaul. The sanctions wouldn't have mattered in the Big East because reasons. JB wouldn't have aged in the Big East. Hop wouldn't have gone to Washington. EVERYTHING WOULD BE PERFECT!

Not really. That league is easy and wide open Providence and Georgetown have won the last two titles and Villanova fell apart the second Wright left.

Literally within 10 games of Wright leaving Nova the glory days are back for Uconn.
I think Nova's fall from the elite will be much faster than what we are currently experiencing in the never ending JB swan song. I also think our return to prominence will be much faster than Nova's as well when the school finally takes the program back from JB.

There's 7 teams in the BE ahead of us in KenPom.

Creighton and St. Johns would be two of the best teams in the ACC this season. Outside of Virginia they might be the 2nd best. I didn't even mention Xavier or Marquette. Just because they aren't name brand schools doesn't mean anything.

Louisville is the worst power 5 team in the country.

I think Nova's fall from the elite will be much faster than what we are currently experiencing in the never ending JB swan song. I also think our return to prominence will be much faster than Nova's as well when the school finally takes the program back from JB.
I hope I am wrong, but I don’t think we will ever be a perennial top 15 type of program again. Money, the ability for parents to watch games from anywhere, bloom off the rose, etc. It will take an extraordinary coach to bring us back.

I hope I am wrong, but I don’t think we will ever be a perennial top 15 type of program again. Money, the ability for parents to watch games from anywhere, bloom off the rose, etc. It will take an extraordinary coach to bring us back.
I have to be honest your constant self loathing of CNY gets very old. Normally I'd let it go, but there's too many locals like this and it's a big reason why progress is hard. Too many people think nothing can get better here.

What makes you think we can't attract a top 10 caliber coach?

The job hasn't been open in 50 years.

UVA lured Bennett from his alma mater. Ville lured Mack from his alma mater. Syracuse can pull Oats out of Bama or Underwood from Illinois if we pay. I think most of these guys will be pissed off if they don't hear from Wildhack and have some sort of negotiations when we turn over the program.

UNC and Duke jobs weren't up for grabs because their coaches didn't demoralize the fanbases and torch those programs so they could watch their kids play but the Syracuse job should be put on the market. Davis and Scheyer might not leave those schools for decades same with Bennett if you want to coach in the best league its either us or Louisville.

Because Nova has actually been elite recently, and we have not?

What makes you think we can't attract a top 10 caliber coach?

The job hasn't been open in 50 years.

UVA lured Bennett from his alma mater. Ville lured Mack from his alma mater. Syracuse can pull Oats out of Bama or Underwood from Illinois if we pay. I think most of these guys will be pissed off if they don't hear from Wildhack and have some sort of negotiations when we turn over the program.

UNC and Duke jobs weren't up for grabs because their coaches didn't demoralize the fanbases and torch those programs so they could watch their kids play but the Syracuse job should be put on the market. Davis and Scheyer might not leave those schools for decades same with Bennett if you want to coach in the best league its either us or Louisville.
I'd love for SU to get Underwood. He's going to be very expensive. He's making close to $4M a year and his contract runs through 2026 so it's going to be pretty hefty if this is the offseason they do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom