The Official Florida State Game Thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

The Official Florida State Game Thread

wow, how did AJ go from an undersized freshman QB who wasn't going to get QB PT to a really solid starter?
He looks like a guy that plays bigger than he stands.

Wayne Williams is so slow lol

Libero2 said:
Ron Thompson. Dudes just a pass rusher.
winston holding the ball for three minutes helped

Madbiker said:
I think we've found a combination to build on...Long to Ish! Thanks coach Lester for finally playing Ish and Long.

Before you go too nuts, Longs played because Hunt is hurt. Ish has gotten more snaps because 2 starters are out. It's also nice that those balls to him are pretty much on the money. Hunt runs better than both and has a greater command of the offense but both these guys throw a better ball.

Nice to see a gameplan where we kept Ishmael involved.

This would have been a real interesting game had we not dropped two interceptions, one of which was a gimme. I think they scored on both of those drives too, if I'm not mistaken.

I know SU is losing but I hope Robert Washington is getting a really good vibe today.

We've dropped two sure interceptions.

We've thrown two red zone interceptions.

We're down 18 in the fourth quarter.

And I'm still incredibly encouraged by this performance.

I'm not sure if that speaks more to how bad we've been, or how much promise our young guys are showing.

winston holding the ball for three minutes helped
Yes it did on that play. But seriously who else on this roster is a guy capable of getting to the QB consistently? In any game? The only guy doing work rushing the passer has been Thompson this year

punch them right in the nose!

jekelish said:
I'm 90% convinced it's the playcalling as much as anything. I'm very happy with our new offensive coordinator. Our defense, on the other hand...ugh.

That TD to Ish just now? I can show you that play over and over and Hunt misses 5 yards high, 5 yards behind the WR, or he runs it. Kudos to Long for putting it on the money and Ish for not being denied to the end zone.

Before you go too nuts, Longs played because Hunt is hurt. Ish has gotten more snaps because 2 starters are out. It's also nice that those balls to him are pretty much on the money. Hunt runs better than both and has a greater command of the offense but both these guys throw a better ball.

There is a gain of 12 :)

We've dropped two sure interceptions.

We've thrown two red zone interceptions.

We're down 18 in the fourth quarter.

And I'm still incredibly encouraged by this performance.

I'm not sure if that speaks more to how bad we've been, or how much promise our young guys are showing.
It's because it looks like we have a QB.

phil77 said:
Alot of us have been saying there are people open Hunt is just missing them... Even our bubble screens are working better because the ball is accurate and on time.

No doubt. In person you can see guys open, even if just a step. Been like that all year.

Yes it did on that play. But seriously who else on this roster is a guy capable of getting to the QB consistently? In any game? The only guy doing work rushing the passer has been Thompson this year
Do we have any pass rushing recruits coming in? Our secondary isn't good but they look even worse due to the lack of pass rush.

Very hopeful now the rest of the season after seeing this. Long is a very exciting player to watch.

He looks very accurate. Slants, Bubbles Screens ect...Most of his throws are right on the money

I thought he was athletic and could do backflips and one handed cartwheels or something? What happened to that?

Wasn't that Ron Thompson doing the backflips?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom