The Program is in free fall | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

The Program is in free fall

My two cents, we won't find Peace getting rid of JB. Its just like the football team with its 3-4 year stunts. Thankfully JB has a few more good years in him.

My two cents, JB needs to stop acting like he's entitled to the job. Put in the work, it's Syracuse, recruiting shouldn't be this hard if he would just adjust his stubborn ways. But no, younger more ambitious coaches will just negatively recruit against us until he's gone. I respect the man for what he's done but when he's going to leave the program it's going to be in a troubled spot and that's on him, and I'm sure he doesn't care one bit, he got to coach his kid.

The coaching staff studies players and tape and has meetings all day long about the game plan going forward. What do you think they do. The get paid a lot of money and put all their abilities into it. You make if sound like our coaches are idiots who have no clue.

What do the results show you?

They need to have daily shooting practice in the Dome screw the Melo center,,,,,,,,,,,my mother could make shots in that confined box.

07224f58-6dfa-4ca5-bb03-ddaaf2db8210_text.gif

Wow, I didn’t buy into the free falling thing when this was posted...

after seeing an empty dome and this teams awful performance tonight...yeah...we’re in trouble and things need to change, like yesterday

Unfortunately I don’t think we’ve hit bottom yet. Things will get uglier before they get better. We may be forced to sit in purgatory for a few years.

Or rebound, or take it to hoop, or...
To be fair to our guards there really isn't anywhere for them to run with a 4 bodies sitting on the block. Two of them setting what seems like endless screens that don't get any separation against P5.

Wow, I didn’t buy into the free falling thing when this was posted...

after seeing an empty dome and this teams awful performance tonight...yeah...we’re in trouble and things need to change, like yesterday

Things needed to change about 365 x 3 yesterdays ago.

Could get a lot worse, too.

We assume JB while retire after Buddy graduates but what if the next few seasons are the same quality as this? Is he really going to want to end his legacy at the lowest point?

We assume JB while retire after Buddy graduates but what if the next few seasons are the same quality as this? Is he really going to want to end his legacy at the lowest point?
Part of me worries that his attitude is that since he brought this program out of obscurity into national prominence he feels entitled to put it back where he found it.

EDIT: And maybe he is. It will just be a painful ride for the rest of us.

Last edited:
So are you saying he’d hold on into his 80’s with the hopes of having 1 more “great” season so he can go out on a high note?

Reality is the vast majority of coaches, like 98%, go out on low notes. Very few ride into the sunset at the top of their game. JB won’t be any different.

Eh, so what, we've had a pretty good run since I started being a fan of SU basketball in 1979. This was bound to happen sooner or later. Just hope they can find something to eke out a winning season and make the NIT. Glad I'm not going to sweat out NCAA Selection Sunday and that stress fest. Just hope things improve in JB's last 2 seasons so he goes out on a good note and leaves it in a good place for the next coach. And, I think we go outside the program for the next coach.

What current players will be on the team then, and what recruits are going to come. Quincey leaves early, Goodine grad transfer who knows what loyalty Edwards has and mix that in with nobody is signing up to play not knowing who the coach is.

I've said some negative things over the years but we're cooked until year 2 or 3 of a new coach at the very least.

What current players will be on the team then, and what recruits are going to come. Quincey leaves early, Goodine grad transfer who knows what loyalty Edwards has and mix that in with nobody is signing up to play not knowing who the coach is.

I've said some negative things over the years but we're cooked until year 2 or 3 of a new coach at the very least.
This isn’t football. It just takes a great coach and a great recruiting class.

Eh, so what, we've had a pretty good run since I started being a fan of SU basketball in 1979. This was bound to happen sooner or later. Just hope they can find something to eke out a winning season and make the NIT. Glad I'm not going to sweat out NCAA Selection Sunday and that stress fest. Just hope things improve in JB's last 2 seasons so he goes out on a good note and leaves it in a good place for the next coach. And, I think we go outside the program for the next coach.
That’s not something to ever be glad about Unless it’s because the team is locked in.

This isn’t football. It just takes a great coach and a great recruiting class.

Dude bringing in a great recruiting class after getting hired in March for November games?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom