There has been some concern by some that | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

There has been some concern by some that

Jesse hasn't shown that he can stay out of foul trouble.
He is going to be put up for awards this year, the refs will probably back off the ticktac fouls.

Jesse is poised to have one of the best season ever for a center at Syracuse. If he can add a little more to his offense, like a jump hook or a 10 foot jump shot, sky's the limit.
Could you imagine if Roberson could’ve added a jumper or little hook, Roberts and Watkins too. Imagine if Celuck added 30 lbs and was coordinated, if Kaleb Joseph wouldn’t turn it over, if Buss Patterson could shoot, or if Buddy could play point guard. Possibilities are endless!

From folks with access to goings on, end-of-season interviews happened last week. There are now strong indications of what the intentions of certain players are. Seems odd that nothing has actually come out yet as to who's staying/who's going.
Probably going through a quiet period when feelers are out making contacts and gauging interest before filing the portal paper officially?

Could you imagine if Roberson could’ve added a jumper or little hook, Roberts and Watkins too. Imagine if Celuck added 30 lbs and was coordinated, if Kaleb Joseph wouldn’t turn it over, if Buss Patterson could shoot, or if Buddy could play point guard. Possibilities are endless!
Jesse is brilliant, he has already grown his game bigly. The other guys you cite, meh. Buddy is a volume shooter and won 2 NCAAT games by himself.

I have never heard an employer run Boeheim down. In fact, a bunch of them got together and formed Boeheim's Army. He's like a tough Marine drill sergeant, guys hate his methods, but then see he was looking out for their best interests all along.

Losing anyone outside of Edwards from a historically bad season should be seen as an opportunity

Losing Frank would not be good.

Probably going through a quiet period when feelers are out making contacts and gauging interest before filing the portal paper officially?

Not allowed to talk at all until you’ve entered the portal

Obviously, some back channel stuff does occur but can’t blatantly put out feelers until you have officially committed to the portal

It's Dude. (He/Him).

Nothing against you personally with this comment, but I absolutely hate this pronoun nonsense.

I was speaking with a trans person a month or two ago, and on the subject of pronouns, she made the point that if you have to ask someone what their pronouns are, that can be insulting, too.

Not allowed to talk at all until you’ve entered the portal

Obviously, some back channel stuff does occur but can’t blatantly put out feelers until you have officially committed to the portal
Not allowed technically but everyone does it.

I think last year someone ask GMac after Cole committed and he said he was refreshing his computer that day every few minutes so he could officially contact Cole the minute he officially entered the portal. He knew Cole was going into the portal ahead of time, Cole knew cuse has interest ahead of time, it may be JW spoke to JB and let him know.

We need a solid backup to Jesse. Not only because he shouldn’t have to play more than 30 mpg, but with the defensive pressure that will be put on him bc of our lack of D elsewhere, he’ll likely be in foul trouble a decent number of games.

We need a reliable 10 mpg from a backup, minimum.

We need a solid backup to Jesse. Not only because he shouldn’t have to play more than 30 mpg, but with the defensive pressure that will be put on him bc of our lack of D elsewhere, he’ll likely be in foul trouble a decent number of games.

Yeah, the sudden optimism re: Mintz is making me go back to my original thoughts that not having a backup C is bad, but probably the least of our problems. If we bring in Mintz (and still lose Frank as expected), it moves up the list a bit.

Probably not the answer for this upcoming season, but I'm still a little disappointed we didn't pursue Bunch's teammate, Keba Keita, as a C prospect. He's still out there and has gotten weirdly little attention despite being a 4 star prospect (his only two offers per 247 are Washington and Utah Tech).

Someone like Frank would be perfect!

Yes it isn't for sure that he is leaving. I think he loves Syracuse. But, he likes playing too
So would you say maybe we aren't looking at 3 transfers (and one painful one) anymore? :)

Honestly, if I have the opposite opinion of you, I know it’s the right opinion. I’m concerned if we share the same opinion.

Concerned for myself

Deeply concerned for myself

Something about a broken clock..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors