There has been some concern by some that | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

There has been some concern by some that

dasher should have zero explaining to do on what he wants to share or not share as far as names and all that. His approach is spot on and no one should question that because history on here has even taught me to be very very selective with what I share. Thanks dash as always

Entirely off topic, but it's odd to me that Bouie didn't make the NBA and was a second round pick while Danny Schayes was selected 13th overall. Bouie put up much better numbers here and they were the same size. I know Danny had a long and lucrative career, but I would have though Bouie would have lasted a long time in the league based on his size and college numbers.
Rosie had many opportunities to return, but Dallas (if I remember they held his rights) would not guarantee his contract. He also had limited offense. Danny could always score.

Number of ESPN 100 players that other ACC teams have coming in next year:

Duke: 5 (and potentially another coming); this class is insane.
UNC: 3
UVA: 3
ND: 2
FSU: 2
Miami: 2
VT: 1 (but ranked top 50)

We have zero. I know we may have had one or two at some point, but we have zero now. Zero.

Barring us landing Mintz or another hail mary, JB and crew have work to do in the portal or else we're going to be staring at another long year.

We need legit talent.
This is why we are not competing for the top of the ACC and why we finish in the midpoint of the conference every year now. It won't change until we get players that can win against the top of the conference and not just get wins against the mid to bottom feeders. In college, recruiting talent is 80% of the game. What you do to get them to play together in your system is the other 20%.

dasher should have zero explaining to do on what he wants to share or not share as far as names and all that. His approach is spot on and no one should question that because history on here has even taught me to be very very selective with what I share. Thanks dash as always

Exactly

Reading between the tea leaves:

PG: Symir
SG: Joe
F: Cole
F: Bunch
C: Jesse

bench: transfer Combo guard
bench: Taylor
Bench: transfer C
Bench: Copeland

Departures: Buddy, Jimmy, Benny, Frank, Sidibe, JBA, Chaz

Really need Benny back and he has an open door to 30mpg

Why would Benny leave? He's going to start.

Why would Benny leave? He's going to start.
Just basing off of dashers posts.

3 guys leaving, not counting Cole. That makes JBA and Frank the obvious first 2. I guess he could be counting Chaz as the 3rd, since technically he was on scholarship. It’s not Jessie, Joe, or Symir. We know it’s not Buddy or Jimmy. Sidibe has no more eligibility left.

I hope Benny comes back, and it makes total sense for him to come back; but it’s hard to be optimistic based on what’s happened recently.

Williams and Anselem would be two ouches. He said there would only be one (and he hasn’t heard anything about Swider).

It’s gotta be Anselem. He’s more of an ouch if Edwards gets hurt or can’t stay out of foul trouble. Ballard is a serviceable backup if his minutes are limited. Of course, the odds of that happening are low, because Edwards will be in foul trouble and there’s no guarantee he’ll stay healthy.

JBA and Owens are logical bets for the other two. Or Ruffin (half-joking).

Anyone else who questions what Dash is/was willing to share should, at a minimum, be subject to public shaming. Perhaps something like this (we could work on the wording).

Ohio-man-holds-I-am-a-thief-sign-to-avoid-jail-after-stealing-from-Walmart.jpg

99% of the people on this board get it, it's just too bad that a couple yahoos can ruin it for the mass. Anyway, thanks for sharing Dash.

Syracuse from 2009-2014: 177-42 (.808) overall 80-28 (.741) conference record 6/6 NCAAT bids Top 4 seed every year Average KenPom rank: 10.7

Syracuse from 2015-2022: 155-111 (.583) overall 74-72 (.507) conference record 4/8 NCAAT bids Never a Top 4 seed Average KenPom rank: 48

I have heard maybe 2. I am very disappointed if that turns out to be true. And if it is more, I have been told it will be because someone I really want to stay, has left.
Hmmm, So let me try to further decipher this.

Frank, JBA, Chaz gone.

Coming in: Ballard and a guard to be named later.

We only add a third portal guy if Cole or Benny leave.

No Mintz.

Our roster management is death by a thousand cuts.

Last edited:
Got to assume it’s JBA, Frank and Chaz gone

Would also mean Swider and Mintz are probably out too.

Surprised by Frank TBH but it is what it is, he’s the only one who actually hurts out of those 3

If those departures end up accurate we do end up with a ton of room and would need to bring transfers in.

I’m pretty confident in Benny coming back but obviously, these are young athletes and things change in a moments notice

I don't know about Mintz. I'm doubtful though. I really want him here.
Me neither and me too….if that makes any sense.

Points are going to be hard to come by next year.

That’s a .500 team. Maybe.

Williams and Anselem would be two ouches. He said there would only be one (and he hasn’t heard anything about Swider).

It’s gotta be Anselem. He’s more of an ouch if Edwards gets hurt or can’t stay out of foul trouble. Ballard is a serviceable backup if his minutes are limited. Of course, the odds of that happening are low, because Edwards will be in foul trouble and there’s no guarantee he’ll stay healthy.

JBA and Owens are logical bets for the other two. Or Ruffin (half-joking).
Losing the two most athletic guys off our most unathletic team ever, would be an absolute disaster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom