There is an opportunity here | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

There is an opportunity here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kadary played well but he didnt play the zone correctly. his skill set led to steals though and deflections..

But I dont see anyway JB told Kadary he wasnt gonna have a chance to start if healthy and got better..

Why would he tell anyone that.
If he played the zone incorrectly, what in god’s name was joe doing this year?

That very well might be true. But I would have to think we are in the final stages of this. 2 years at the most.

It should be one.

Guess we haven’t learned in the last four years that Twitter doesn’t always tell the entire story. Jim may have said that as of right now Joe is the starter and counseled Jadary on the areas of his game he needs to work on, but JB did not say Joe is the starting point guard for the 2021-22 season. Absurd.
Jb did say “the best player will start”, which just wasn’t the case this year so why would that change next year?

Kadary played well but he didnt play the zone correctly. his skill set led to steals though and deflections..

But I dont see anyway JB told Kadary he wasnt gonna have a chance to start if healthy and got better..

Why would he tell anyone that.

You're kidding, right?
He led the team in steals, playing about half a game all year.
He's 6-5 and has good lateral quickness.
Kadary blocked 14 shots, 4th highest on the team.
Joe blocked 2 shots, playing an extra 180 minutes.

You're kidding, right?
He led the team in steals, playing about half a game all year.
He's 6-5 and has good lateral quickness.
Kadary blocked 14 shots, 4th highest on the team.
Joe blocked 2 shots, playing an extra 180 minutes.
JB said in a recent presser that Joe and Buddy played the zone more “technically” correct than Kadary

JB said in a recent presser that Joe and Buddy played the zone more “technically” correct than Kadary

If he really thinks that, get him the hell out of here now.
Geez Louise, that's a stupid, stupid comment.
No bias at all there, right?

Jb did say “the best player will start”, which just wasn’t the case this year so why would that change next year?
Look, that is at least somewhat subjective. IMO we were not starting our best PG, but we had an effective guard rotation at the end of the year. You stated that JB told Kadary simply that Joe would start and he would not. Period. There is no way in hell that that accurately represents any conversation between the two of them.

Because circumstances change from year to year. Kadary would be a Soph next year, hopefully over his nagging injuries, and better conditioned than was suggested early in the season. Everyone automatically jumps to the conclusion that JB’s playing favorites and that Kadary would absolutely have no chance of starting next year. I tend to disagree. The best player would play. Simple as that. Unfortunately, many players are unwilling to compete for a position in today’s game and they take the easy way out. I wish Kadary well but if he truly felt like he was the better player, he should relish the challenge to prove it...

sorry to pick on your post...but I want to spell this out

what have we seen from Joe in 2 seasons that see him as anything but streaky shooter with a questionable handle, an inability to finish against any team with any size whatsoever, and complete liability on defense?

not to mention, pile on the pressure of the entire fan base and the coach who chose him over a Kadary.

this will not end well, imo
should add...it’s not his fault. He should probably get a fresh start elsewhere
This 1,000 times! JB is putting Joe in the position of attending school with 10,000 or so other students that think someone else should have his job. The world will open back up soon and people will have to interact with the world again. I feel bad for Joe.

Because circumstances change from year to year. Kadary would be a Soph next year, hopefully over his nagging injuries, and better conditioned than was suggested early in the season. Everyone automatically jumps to the conclusion that JB’s playing favorites and that Kadary would absolutely have no chance of starting next year. I tend to disagree. The best player would play. Simple as that. Unfortunately, many players are unwilling to compete for a position in today’s game and they take the easy way out. I wish Kadary well but if he truly felt like he was the better player, he should relish the challenge to prove it...
Did the best point guard start this year?

I think at right about the point Kadary was earning it, he was injured and his time was limited. I think early in the year he had conditioning problems. If circumstances were different, he may have started but the timing was off. By the time we got to the postseason, Coach wasn’t going to mess with changes to the lineup and he rode it out. Next year could have been different. We’ll never know...

I think at right about the point Kadary was earning it, he was injured and his time was limited. I think early in the year he had conditioning problems. If circumstances were different, he may have started but the timing was off. By the time we got to the postseason, Coach wasn’t going to mess with changes to the lineup and he rode it out. Next year could have been different. We’ll never know...
I think the conditioning problems was all BS. He didn't die when he played all those minutes when Buddy was out.

But you know what helps with conditioning problems? PLAYING TIME! And ACTUAL ROTATIONS! But no, let's play Buddy 40 minutes and Joe 38. That will help the situation.

I think the conditioning problems was all BS. He didn't die when he played all those minutes when Buddy was out.

But you know what helps with conditioning problems? PLAYING TIME! And ACTUAL ROTATIONS! But no, let's play Buddy 40 minutes and Joe 38. That will help the situation.
Well, Joe has Covid so you had to start him so he could get his stamina and confidence back.

this is what I was told during the season at least

Or perhaps practicing hard, or working hard with the S&C staff? But no, we’d rather jump to conclusions for the possible reasons when we don’t have all the facts

Or perhaps practicing hard, or working hard with the S&C staff? But no, we’d rather jump to conclusions for the possible reasons when we don’t have all the facts
I relied on the facts of his play when he was actually on the floor. And his play merited more time.

Hopefully when Jimmy decides to transfer that they keep it quiet and don't put out any press...I just want to roll into the season and have him get called announced during player intros for the first preseason game. That would be way cooler then a lame IG/twitter post.

I relied on the facts of his play when he was actually on the floor. And his play merited more time.
Agreed, and my original post covered that. The question was whether he would start next year, and the board for the most part all jumped to the conclusion that JB was “playing favorites” and he absolutely had no chance of starting or getting significant minutes. I disagree. Next year the circumstances may have been different. Kadary felt it best not to stick around and find out. I wish him well...

Agreed, and my original post covered that. The question was whether he would start next year, and the board for the most part all jumped to the conclusion that JB was “playing favorites” and he absolutely had no chance of starting or getting significant minutes. I disagree. Next year the circumstances may have been different. Kadary felt it best not to stick around and find out. I wish him well...
I wish JB had said, yup, you're my guy next year. And as long after that you'd like to stay. Because the other option sucks.

I love Kadary and hoped as much as anyone that he would have stayed, but in the end, if that’s what he needed to hear, that’s too bad. As a coach myself I like the athlete that welcomes the competition and rises above the adversity. I know Joe has taken a beating on here by some today (through no fault of his own) but ultimately who ran from the fight - Joe or Kadary?

I love Kadary and hoped as much as anyone that he would have stayed, but in the end, if that’s what he needed to hear, that’s too bad. As a coach myself I like the athlete that welcomes the competition and rises above the adversity. I know Joe has taken a beating on here by some today (through no fault of his own) but ultimately who ran from the fight - Joe or Kadary?
It wasn’t a fair fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors