This is a great finals... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

This is a great finals...

Just such an awesome series. The 02 WCF finals between the Lakers and Kings had always kind of been my personal favorite as far as NBA playoff series go, but this one has to top that. Great players, great coaching, great basketball. Either team would have been a worthy champ. What a great showcase for the league.

I do find it interesting Miami won with Lebron and Wade pretty much making jump shots. That's what San Antonio wanted them to do, they just knocked the shots down. Parker in the last 2 games went 9-35 from the field, which coincided with Lebron spending a lot more time on him. That's obviously not the only reason he shot so poorly from the field, and maybe not even the primary reason, but it's pretty amazing that a 6-8 275 pound guy spent that much time chasing Tony Parker around the perimeter and hounding him into a bad day from the field and also carried the team offensively. I didn't think he had it in him.

Great basketball played at the highest level, a thing of beauty. So many highlights, particularly for a LeBron/Heat fan, but this, to me, is the best highlight from last night, LeBron's post-game handling of a question about all the "outside noise" he lives with, all the scrutiny, all the hate; I expect the hate to continue because so many people find it easier to be negative than positive, but, damn, dogg, whatta performance for the ages.

Great basketball played at the highest level, a thing of beauty. So many highlights, particularly for a LeBron/Heat fan, but this, to me, is the best highlight from last night, LeBron's post-game handling of a question about all the "outside noise" he lives with, all the scrutiny, all the hate; I expect the hate to continue because so many people find it easier to be negative than positive, but, damn, dogg, whatta performance for the ages.

BUT MANU was fouled. He may have travelled before that, I'd have to review the play. Until I do that though, I'm just going to assume the fix was in. Also, Derrick Rose, James is a coward, 2010 series vs Boston. Did I mention the NBA is fixed?

Pop has done a great disservice to his reputation in this series. Not having your best player in the game and letting the turnover machine handle the ball?! He has absolutely sucked and I hope he gets called on it.
I think you are just upset that the team you were rooting for lost (or, more likely, that the team you were rooting against, won)

The Spurs are a team that most people believe had their window closed three years ago. Pop took them all the way to the closing minutes of Game 7 against the best team in the world. There isn't another coach in the nation who could have done more. Sure, he came up short, but it was his philosophy, experience and tactics that got them there; to think he would throw all that out the window precisely in Winning Time is just absurd.

Reminds me of this quote Pop had re: Lebron

"He's a grown man," Popovich tells the media in the video above. "He doesn't need any of you to tell him anything. He knows more than all of you put together. ... If he makes a pass and you all think he should've shot it, or he shoots it and you think he should've made a pass ... your opinions mean nothing to him."

He is the most unique, most versatile, most overall talented player in history I have ever seen. Other opinions are of course valid, but in my experience, most of the haters (I call them Bronzers, similar to the Truthers and Birthers) are either Michael Jordan fans who will use Any Weapon Available to defend their hero's spot on the top of the list, or those who were bothered that LBJ was spotted and announced so early and can't get over the fact that those talent evaluators were right.

He is the most unique, most versatile, most overall talented player in history I have ever seen. Other opinions are of course valid, but in my experience, most of the haters (I call them Bronzers, similar to the Truthers and Birthers) are either Michael Jordan fans who will use Any Weapon Available to defend their hero's spot on the top of the list, or those who were bothered that LBJ was spotted and announced so early and can't get over the fact that those talent evaluators were right.

I think a lot of Syracuse fans think any props given to Lebron are a slight to Carmelo...they don't realize that debate has been dead since 2007.

BUT MANU was fouled. He may have travelled before that, I'd have to review the play. Until I do that though, I'm just going to assume the fix was in. Also, Derrick Rose, James is a coward, 2010 series vs Boston. Did I mention the NBA is fixed?

The NBA is fixed. Has been for a long time in several ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a lot of Syracuse fans think any props given to Lebron are a slight to Carmelo...they don't realize that debate has been dead since 2007.
and there is that, yes.

I bet... btw you should check YouTube...they have some great stuff that shows kennedy was shot by his driver.

Doesn't have anything to do with the fact that James is the best player on the planet though.

NBA fixed it so Lebron missed th e three, then Bosh got the rebound, and kicked it to Allen to make the game tying 3. Actually pretty amazing they were able to pull it off. But not before they told Manu and Leonard to split their free throws.

considering the events that were necessary to give Miami the win game six, they do a real job "fixing" anything.

NBA fixed it so Lebron missed th e three, then Bosh got the rebound, and kicked it to Allen to make the game tying 3. Actually pretty amazing they were able to pull it off. But not before they told Manu and Leonard to split their free throws.
beat me to it

No offense, but this is a myth that you and other like you continue to post and repost and repost and repost and repost...I haven't seen anyone on these board say that in years. If you have a link that suggests it, go for it.

It's pretty much your only post. That and "LOL Lebron is a coward, AMIRITE????"

Anyway...my opinion all along was I refused to give Lebron "best player ever" credit until he actually won the MVPs, Titles, and so on. Now he's won. I have no problem putting him up there. Def Top 10 at this point. I think this run put him over Kobe at least.

I think you are just upset that the team you were rooting for lost (or, more likely, that the team you were rooting against, won)

The Spurs are a team that most people believe had their window closed three years ago. Pop took them all the way to the closing minutes of Game 7 against the best team in the world. There isn't another coach in the nation who could have done more. Sure, he came up short, but it was his philosophy, experience and tactics that got them there; to think he would throw all that out the window precisely in Winning Time is just absurd.

No sport is misunderstood more than the NBA (which is saying a lot). Pop did the best coaching job of his career, maybe the best coaching job ever this year. In game 7 alone, to keep it as close as it was with LeBron putting in an unstoppable all time great performance when all of his guards where either hurt or slumping was amazing. He made ALL the right moves.

No offense, but this is a myth that you and other like you continue to post and repost and repost and repost and repost...I haven't seen anyone on these board say that in years. If you have a link that suggests it, go for it.

It's pretty much your only post. That and "LOL Lebron is a coward, AMIRITE????"

Anyway...my opinion all along was I refused to give Lebron "best player ever" credit until he actually won the MVPs, Titles, and so on. Now he's won. I have no problem putting him up there. Def Top 10 at this point. I think this run put him over Kobe at least.

I promise you comparisons were being made between the two as recently as last year prior to Lebrons first ring.

If I recall correctly, it was a thread ripping lebron for not being as clutch as melo... which in retrospect is questionable at best. That led to another tirade on how the NBA it's fixed. so I am not making this up, and wrt the coward sentiment, the statute of limitations on ridiculing that take will never expire.

That led to another tirade on how the NBA it's fixed.

What is fixed is how the stars get most of the calls, because the creation of stars what generates the revenue. For if the public as a whole were to realize that the league's highest paid players lack many of the skills that even an average high school kid has, who would pay to watch 'em? For the NBA is less about basketball than it is about making money with a basketball.

Agreed. That explains the Heat going through the motions in game 3 to ensure that the series went 6 or 7.

Agreed. That explains the Heat going through the motions in game 3 to ensure that the series went 6 or 7.
and also why New York, Brooklyn, Chicago and both LA teams were bounced early, so that media juggernauts Indianapolis, San Antonio and Memphis could fill 3 of the final four spots.

considering the events that were necessary to give Miami the win game six, they do a real job "fixing" anything.

You guys are funny. You can't fix every little thing, every shot, every rebound. Fixed means gaming certain things. Such as drafts, players getting preferential treatment, refs doing their part. Doesn't mean every game is fixed nor does it mean the NBA pre-determines who wins a championship. Guess some of you haven't paid attention the past 20 years.

Anyway...my opinion all along was I refused to give Lebron "best player ever" credit until he actually won the MVPs, Titles, and so on. Now he's won. I have no problem putting him up there. Def Top 10 at this point.
Yeah, I don't have any problem recognizing that he's a great player now because he does have the resume. I did have a problem with it when they hadn't happened yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You guys are funny. You can't fix every little thing, every shot, every rebound. Fixed means gaming certain things. Such as drafts, players getting preferential treatment, refs doing their part. Doesn't mean every game is fixed nor does it mean the NBA pre-determines who wins a championship. Guess some of you haven't paid attention the past 20 years.

then I submit you need to reevaluate your use of the word fixed...I don't think it means what you think it means.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom