this is crazy | Syracusefan.com

this is crazy

Why would Oneida get a 5th seed with a 4 - 3 record over your kids team? Obviously Mexica getting a 4th seed is peculiar too but I think Oneida getting a 5th is more peculiar.

man when i went to marcellus we sucked and didn't get into the playoffs, be happy they are still playing.

I can't say I follow local highschool football so don't crush me for asking, but is it a situation where Marcellus beat Mexico and Oneida, then Mexico and Oneida beat the teams that Marcellus lost to so that head to head cancels out, then Marcellus's loses looked worse than the loses of the other two? Just a thought.

When I went to Marcellus the girls soccer team could have beat the boys football team... just saying... good luck to your son!

my kids team,marcellus beat both mexico and oneida heads up and ends up the 8th seed in the tournament.
Class B
No. 8 Marcellus (5-2) at No. 1 Cazenovia (7-0), 2:30 p.m. Saturday
No. 5 Oneida (4-3) at No. 4 Mexico (5-2), 7 p.m. Friday
No. 6 Homer (4-3) at No. 3 Camden (4-3) , 7 p.m. Saturday
No. 7 South Jefferson (4-3) at No.2 Chittenango (6-1), 7 p.m. Friday

Don't they use a point system that is based on points for, margin of victory, and is weighed by the out of class victories a team has?

How is a school called "Mexico"? Is is named after Ron?

Mexico is just north of Phoenix and just east of Texas. It is also home to Grandma Brown's baked beans.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

my kids team,marcellus beat both mexico and oneida heads up and ends up the 8th seed in the tournament.
Class B
No. 8 Marcellus (5-2) at No. 1 Cazenovia (7-0), 2:30 p.m. Saturday
No. 5 Oneida (4-3) at No. 4 Mexico (5-2), 7 p.m. Friday
No. 6 Homer (4-3) at No. 3 Camden (4-3) , 7 p.m. Saturday
No. 7 South Jefferson (4-3) at No.2 Chittenango (6-1), 7 p.m. Friday

Wah wah wah, I'm sorry but you Marcellus folks do nothing but complain. Here's an idea! Why don't you write your local paper complaining about it? Cause I know how much you people love to do that. Or maybe you can post another poetic rant on your website? Seriously, heres the best advice anyone will ever give to the Marcellus community...Ready? Shut up, play football, and thank christ Westhill's head coach doesn't know how to coach and can't win without atleast a couple of the leagues best players. I hate to come off rude but honestly its ridiculous. During my four years of highschool all you people did was talk, talk, talk, and all we ever did was buckle our chinstraps and lay down smackings. Our school couldn't fart without you people complaining about it. You guy's have a good team this year and you should be greatful for that. It shouldn't matter who you play or what seed you are, just tell your kid to go out there and pop some heads and win. That boy Decker is a beast, if other kids on that team play similarly than you should be fine. Good luck in the playoffs and SMACK Caz, I hate that school...a little less than I hate the stangs ;)

Mexico is just north of Phoenix and just east of Texas. It is also home to Grandma Brown's baked beans.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk
I don't know if it is still there, but when I was a kid, there was a Gulf gas station there that they called the Gulf of Mexico...

Wah wah wah, I'm sorry but you Marcellus folks do nothing but complain. Here's an idea! Why don't you write your local paper complaining about it? Cause I know how much you people love to do that. Or maybe you can post another poetic rant on your website? Seriously, heres the best advice anyone will ever give to the Marcellus community...Ready? Shut up, play football, and thank christ Westhill's head coach doesn't know how to coach and can't win without atleast a couple of the leagues best players. I hate to come off rude but honestly its ridiculous. During my four years of highschool all you people did was talk, talk, talk, and all we ever did was buckle our chinstraps and lay down smackings. Our school couldn't fart without you people complaining about it. You guy's have a good team this year and you should be greatful for that. It shouldn't matter who you play or what seed you are, just tell your kid to go out there and pop some heads and win. That boy Decker is a beast, if other kids on that team play similarly than you should be fine. Good luck in the playoffs and SMACK Caz, I hate that school...a little less than I hate the stangs ;)
Dude...chill out a bit

Wow, Marcellus/ Westhill smack.. who knew? Interesting stuff, class B smack talk, shouldn't this be on syracuse.com or something.

Do you guys actually get that fired up for Westhill and Marcellus football? WOW

I'm guessing there is a computerized point system use and because your OOC games were against lesser opponents than Mexico and Oneida you received a lower ranking. That's how it worked when I was in HS in Ohio. One year, we were 7-3 and didn't make the playoffs because our points were not high enough.

Wow, Marcellus/ Westhill smack.. who knew? Interesting stuff, class B smack talk, shouldn't this be on syracuse.com or something.

Do you guys actually get that fired up for Westhill and Marcellus football? WOW

Hahaha. Was just about to post how awesome this is. Love it.

the one's who set up the seedings feel that the Caz Division is stronger apparently.

Hey retro--quick Marcellus question for you. A couple of years ago, they had a QB that garnered some attention on the board as a prospective SU recruit. Obviously didn't work out that way--but where did that kid end up?

he's really not in a good position to be talking smack,at least not with a NUBY attached to his helmut

Idk what your talking about guy? Im in a great position to talk, marcellus never came within 21 points of beating us when I played. Pretty sure Ross's 569 yards against the stangs still have your butt hurtin. Smacked you at your golden boys home commin then smacked you again the next year in the championship. Not my problem griffo sucks and cant win with an average team.

Hey retro--quick Marcellus question for you. A couple of years ago, they had a QB that garnered some attention on the board as a prospective SU recruit. Obviously didn't work out that way--but where did that kid end up?

He's at Ualbany his names WIll Fiachi and hes the product of good advertising. Good dude played against him and met him a few times, hope hes doin well at albany.

I just realized that all of my cousins are well out of high school at Marcellus, and now I feel really old.

But hey, my dad played basketball and football at Marcellus back in the late 60's, so that's something that enables me to jump into this thread, right? Still have family in town, too (my uncle lives right there on Dublin Road, still, and one of my aunts lives in the house my dad grew up in).

Okay, that's all I've got to offer here.

He's at Ualbany his names WIll Fiachi and hes the product of good advertising. Good dude played against him and met him a few times, hope hes doin well at albany.

Fiachi--that's right, that's the guy.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom