This is essentially the 2018 schedule. | Syracusefan.com

This is essentially the 2018 schedule.

GoSU96

Living Legend
10 of 12 opponents the same, 8 games are the same location.

Delta’s.

Purdue at home vs WMich away

ND home vs NYC

Uconn away vs at home

UVa at home vs UNC at home

Why not the same outcome? 4-8, 4-8 to 10-3. It’s been done before and then the team was further away from being good.

10 of 12 opponents the same, 8 games are the same location.

Delta’s.

Purdue at home vs WMich away

ND home vs NYC

Uconn away vs at home

UVa at home vs UNC at home

Why not the same outcome? 4-8, 4-8 to 10-3. It’s been done before and then the team was further away from being good.
I’m with you. If we have just an average passing attack, it can definitely happen.

Because -
Louisville is not engaged in mutiny against Bobby Petrino
Florida State is not a rudderless ship lead by Willie Taggert
Boston College's best player probably won't go down in the 1st Q
Wake Forest's Sam Hartman isn't a true freshman

Because -
This is dead on. Also while NCST was ranked when we played them, I don’t think they were a top 15 team with hype going into 2018.

Because -
You’re not taking into account OUR teams evolution and progress in all areas from coaching to having all Americans to having so much experience. I’m with GO

Because -
Hartman is out indefinitely -- "extended period of time". Wake is a 85% win on my calendar/schedule as is.

I'd also argue we are much better equipped to face L'Ville this season, and FSU is nothing special. We should have beaten them last year on the road.

BC? Really? That's a coin flip, worst case.

We could go 6-6 this year, but those four games should be 2-2 at minimum.

Hartman is out indefinitely -- "extended period of time". Wake is a 85% win on my calendar/schedule as is.

I'd also argue we are much better equipped to face L'Ville this season, and FSU is nothing special. We should have beaten them last year on the road.

BC? Really? That's a coin flip, worst case.

We could go 6-6 this year, but those four games should be 2-2 at minimum.
I'm right there with you on your points. My point is we probably aren't going 4-0 against these teams, like we did in 2018. If we do win all four? Yippee!

You’re not taking into account OUR teams evolution and progress in all areas from coaching to having all Americans to having so much experience. I’m with GO

100%

Position units that are better in 2022 than 2018:

RB, LB, CB

Units that are worse in 2022 than in 2018:

P, S, (Likely DL)

Shrader is the X-Factor. If he can raise his game, he'll make the WRs better, like Dungey did in 2018.
I'd probably put OL in the worse category also even though Bergeron is good.

RB, LB, CB

P, S, (Likely DL)

Shrader is the X-Factor. If he can raise his game, he'll make the WRs better, like Dungey did in 2018.
WR group is better this year. Ol same. PK is the same guy.

RB, LB, CB

P, S, (Likely DL)

S as in safety?????

We have a full stable with Carter, Simmons (hurt now), Clark, Oliver etc I wouldn’t say that’s worse…

Everyone is saying Shrader can not throw but everything I’ve heard from camp is that he has been pretty damn accurate. Think people need to cool with Shrader and remind themselves he hasn’t played QB for a year and half before stepping up and being our starter last season.

Shrader is going to be just fine. I mean, he is going to make some What plays but it’s going to be similar to Dungey where he does enough other stuff that you let it go

Hope he’s even half of what Dungey was
he'll be that and then some. Something to assuage your concerns and make you smile a bit. When we went up to the hill to hook up with Rhino and Cruz we ran across Marks next door neighbor who is the strength and conditioning guy up there who explained the following that I think is ok to share.

The long long break Shrader took from football meaning qb in particular with the lack of regularity in throwing, essentially de-conditioned his arm strength and now for the past year and a half he's been working with him on the essentials of the muscles needed to re-condition to stand the rigors of the necessity of the arm strength needed for the position while at the same time doing work to avoid overuse tendonitis/shoulder impingement etc.

He had very good news to report on all of it. He won't be Tom Brady but I think we see a DRAMATIC improvement in the ball he throws. Translation: success on the field above and beyond what we've seen.

S as in safety?????

We have a full stable with Carter, Simmons (hurt now), Clark, Oliver etc I wouldn’t say that’s worse…

Everyone is saying Shrader can not throw but everything I’ve heard from camp is that he has been pretty damn accurate. Think people need to cool with Shrader and remind themselves he hasn’t played QB for a year and half before stepping up and being our starter last season.

Shrader is going to be just fine. I mean, he is going to make some What plays but it’s going to be similar to Dungey where he does enough other stuff that you let it go
I’m a big believer in the concept of turnovers being more lucky than good, but Cisco forced more turnovers by himself in 2018 than the Syracuse did period in 2021. (7 vs. 6, but I may be off on the 2021 number.)

WR group is better this year. Ol same. PK is the same guy.
WR I really have no clue, but I'm happy to be optimistic, if for no other reason than there's more than one guy over 6'0".

Agreed on OL and (obviously) PK.

he'll be that and then some. Something to assuage your concerns and make you smile a bit. When we went up to the hill to hook up with Rhino and Cruz we ran across Marks next door neighbor who is the strength and conditioning guy up there who explained the following that I think is ok to share.

The long long break Shrader took from football meaning qb in particular and the lack of regularity in throwing, essentially de-conditioned his arm strength and now for the past year and a half he's been working with him on the essentials of the muscles needed to re-condition the rigors of the necessity of the position while at the same time doing work to avoid overuse tendonitis/shoulder impingement etc.

He had very good news to report on all of it. He won't be Tom Brady but I think we see a DRAMATIC improvement in the ball he throws. Translation: success on the field above and beyond what we've seen.
If he can have basically sound mechanics he can be as productive, in his own way, as the other Qbs in the ACC. This conference is hands down the best qb conference in the country.

Shrader‘s has a Josh Allen like physicality that others don’t.

WR I really have no clue, but I'm happy to be optimistic, if for no other reason than there's more than one guy over 6'0".

Agreed on OL and (obviously) PK.
There is a group of five guys on the roster better than Custis, Taj, Riley, NJ, and Sharod. Who those five are, don’t know yet, but it won’t be one big guy, a stick figure, and three smurfs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom