This is going to be a long year | Syracusefan.com

This is going to be a long year

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Hate to say it but there is no way this SU team can be successful this year. Fundamentally flawed by our lack of rebounding. They need to realize the only way they can beat anybody on the remaining schedule is by out shooting the other team from 3. I don't care if we don't take another shot from inside the arc for the rest of the year. At least it would be fun to see them chuck up 60 threes per game.

Yup, these games are gonna be hard to watch. Play great d, force a long 3 thats a brick, give up the offensive rebound and a layup. Brutal.

It is really unfortunate since they have some nice pieces, Poor Lydon shouldn't have to play the 5. What other team in the country would he play the 5 for, lol? We are just so thin there and Chinoso really is just not in the plans. Oh well.

Not going to write them off yet. Flawed teams get hot in college basketball all the time and go on a nice run. We have weapons which makes us dangerous. Flawed yes, out of it after first conference game? I dont think so.

Yup. I hate losing when we have 3 McD AA and two 5th seniors in our starting backcourt, all because we rebound like a JV girls team.

Who are the 3 Mickey Dees.? DC was one. I saw Mal in a televised HS all-star game but was it McDonalds or the Jordan Classic? And who is the third one?

OrlandoCuse said:
Yup. I hate losing when we have 3 McD AA and two 5th seniors in our starting backcourt, all because we rebound like a JV girls team.

Rebounding isn't going to get better. It is what it is.

Who are the 3 Mickey Dees.? DC was one. I saw Mal in a televised HS all-star game but was it McDonalds or the Jordan Classic? And who is the third one?
Like, typo. Although DC could count as two because of his girth when he played in the game in 2012.

If Lydon is going to be effective, he has to shoot the rock when he has the opportunity. He appeared gun shy tonight, and passed up several looks, a few of them were after some pretty good fakes to get plenty of separation and apparent good looks.

Hate to say it but there is no way this SU team can be successful this year. Fundamentally flawed by our lack of rebounding. They need to realize the only way they can beat anybody on the remaining schedule is by out shooting the other team from 3. I don't care if we don't take another shot from inside the arc for the rest of the year. At least it would be fun to see them chuck up 60 threes per game.
I can't imagine it being "Fun" to watch them desperately chucking up 60 threes per game. Fun is watching a balanced team execute well on both offense and defense and watching a well coached and talented team successfully go about the business of winning games.

Three guys out of our rotation players play out of position and we aren't built for the zone, yet we're going to stick with it.

You aren't going out on a limb. This year is going to be tough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom