Thursday 3/8 Rooting Guide (I'm not giving up yet!) | Syracusefan.com

Thursday 3/8 Rooting Guide (I'm not giving up yet!)

Tom W.

2nd String
I didn't see one these posted yet, so here are the rooting interests we have today. I really think if the tournament started today, we would actually have a good chance at getting in. For what little it is worth, I still have them as one of my my last four in on TCW Bracketology. Just have to hope for no bid stealers and some bubble teams to lose. Admittedly, it is an uphill battle, but not impossible. If a good majority of these games go our way, hey, you never know.

UConn over SMU 12pm
Virginia over Louisville 12pm
Buffalo over Central Michigan 12pm

TCU over Kansas St 12:30pm
Texas A&M over Alabama 1pm

Clemson over BC 2pm
Kansas over Oklahoma St 2:30pm

Creighton over Providence 2:30pm
Nevada over UNLV 3pm
Georgia over Missouri 3pm

Standford over UCLA 5:30pm
Toledo over Miami (OH) 6:30pm
Villanova over Marquette 7pm
Duke over ND 7pm
Texas Tech over Texas 7pm
West Virginia over Baylor 9pm

Oregon St over USC 9pm
Eastern Michigan over Akron 9pm
Oregon over Utah 11:30pm

Last edited:
why do we want unc over miami? wouldnt we want our victory over miami to be worth more? not like miami is on the bubble

You know, I should probably get rid of that one. We played UNC twice vs Miami once, so it would technically help computer numbers. I was thinking it was best to have UNC look really strong because of our relatively big loss last night. But it really probably doesn't matter either way.

I didn't see one these posted yet, so here are the rooting interests we have today. I really think if the tournament started today, we would actually have a good chance at getting in. For what little it is worth, I still have them as one of my my last four in on TCW Bracketology. Just have to hope for no bid stealers and some bubble teams to lose. Admittedly, it is an uphill battle, but not impossible. If a good majority of these games go our way, hey, you never know.

UConn over SMU 12pm
Clemson over BC 2pm
Nevada over UNLV 3pm
Duke over ND 7pm
UNC over Miami 9pm
Oregon St over USC 9pm
I'm amazed that Palm still has us as Last 4 in. The young men are going to need massages and ice baths every day, if they get into the Big Dance.

I'm amazed that Palm still has us as Last 4 in. The young men are going to need massages and ice baths every day, if they get into the Big Dance.

It will be easier on them since they have two in a row and then a week off. And if we play on Tues/Wednesday there is a couple days rest between.

We have a better resume now than we did a few years ago with a better strength of schedule I actually think it would be crazy if we weren’t in

Man, seems like most have lost all hope. Understandable, I guess. I'm going to hope until the very end though!

I think if ND and Louisville lose today then we get in as the last team from the ACC.

We have a better resume now than we did a few years ago with a better strength of schedule I actually think it would be crazy if we weren’t in
I think Cuse has a chance this year, but our resume compared to '16 is irrelevant.

I think if ND and Louisville lose today then we get in as the last team from the ACC.
Those two things have to happen for us to have hope. If they do I'm still on the fence.

Keep this up UVA...would love to hear any logical explanation to have Lville in ahead of us. Its impossible

UConn over SMU 12pm
Clemson over BC 2pm
Nevada over UNLV 3pm
Duke over ND 7pm
UNC over Miami 9pm
Oregon St over USC 9pm
Thanks for posting this. I'm willing to do most of it outside of rooting for Yukon. I cannot root for Puke or UNCheats so I will just look at the scores after the fact and pretend I'm not aware the games are happening.

Watching this UVa / UL Game... UVa is really, really good. Can easily see them winning a National Title this year. Being down by 10 to them is like being down by 20+ to any other team. Makes the E8 comeback even more amazing. Right now UL is playing right into their hands though...

UConn over SMU 12pm

Clemson over BC 2pm
Nevada over UNLV 3pm
Duke over ND 7pm
UNC over Miami 9pm
Oregon St over USC 9pm

I'll keep this updated throughout the day for easy viewing.

Kansas State wins. Although they were a lot safer, would have liked to see them lose another. Texas A&M within one on Alabama.

Kansas State wins. Although they were a lot safer, would have liked to see them lose another. Texas A&M within one on Alabama.
I predicted a 3 late by A&M. Now, with 4 seconds left, they have to stop Alabama to kick them out of consideration.

And, they didn't. Crap!

That Bama buzzer beater was incredible. Went the length of the floor in 4 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom