Tiger Woods is in the rough... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tiger Woods is in the rough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2002 Tiger splits with long time Coach Butch Harmon.
2004 Tiger gets married.

I think these are the two things that eventually did him in. Look at Tiger in 2002 he was strong, in really good shape but also flexible and not beefy. He seemed to really go nuts working out to build strength and size after moving on from Harmon. That wound up getting him further away from the swing that he and Harmon worked on. Then getting married while living the wild life in the shadows must have been extremely stressful. When it all came out it was even worse. I don't think anyone would have given Tiger grief for living that way if he hadn't gotten married. Injuries and recovery certainly derailed him as well. The left side of his body has paid the price for that swing.
I think the loss of his dad hurt as well. Needless to say, however, I think he really kept him in line in a good way.

I lost my cousin to an 2 years ago at 32 due to an oxycodone addiction. I can remember having spinal fusion surgery when I was 12 (think that's the same surgery Tiger recently had) and I had to take oxycodone for awhile when I was in ICU and can definitely see how it can become addictive. Bottom line, if Tiger has a problem with painkillers, I truly hope he gets help.

I lost my cousin to an 2 years ago at 32 due to an oxycodone addiction. I can remember having spinal fusion surgery when I was 12 (think that's the same surgery Tiger recently had) and I had to take oxycodone for awhile when I was in ICU and can definitely see how it can become addictive. Bottom line, if Tiger has a problem with painkillers, I truly hope he gets help.

No doubt its easy to get hooked on opioids especially when they are in pill form.

He was absolutely lit during his arrest. They released the video from it. He's gone.

That said. I think it's so weak to release a video like that. And ESPN played it on TV during sportscenter.

I think that's bs.

That video was yikes

WOW! He was shockingly messed up. I would be surprised at this point if he doesn't enter rehab for addiction to pain meds. That did not look like an "unexpected reaction" to me. He hasn't been healthy since that 08 ACL surgery. Could be something that started then and just got out of control over the years and the multiple injuries.

He was absolutely lit during his arrest. They released the video from it. He's gone.

That said. I think it's so weak to release a video like that. And ESPN played it on TV during sportscenter.

I think that's bs.

I believe they have to release the video as public record much like the police report. I hear you on ESPN though they are still riding the guy for ratings even after his body has broken down and he's obviously at a low point in his life.

Last edited:
WOW! He was shockingly messed up. I would be surprised at this point if he doesn't enter rehab for addiction to pain meds. That did not look like an "unexpected reaction" to me. He hasn't been healthy since that 08 ACL surgery. Could be something that started then and just got out of control over the years and the multiple injuries.

I wasn't going to watch it last night but I couldn't stop myself. You're right - that wasn't just some minor medication side effects he was dealing with.

I believe they have to release the video as public record much like the police report. I hear you on ESPN though they are still riding the guy for ratings even after his body has broken down and he's obviously at a low point in his life.

It's amazing how fast that video came out but when there is police misconduct we're lucky to even see the videos a year later.

I think that's bs.

I just watched some of the video. Painful. It didn't look to me like a drunk guy. Looked to me like a guy completely wacked out and nearly overdosed on painkillers.

In the real world, no one lasts more than 10 seconds before they just put you in the back of the police car.

I just watched some of the video. Painful. It didn't look to me like a drunk guy. Looked to me like a guy completely wacked out and nearly overdosed on painkillers.

In the real world, no one lasts more than 10 seconds before they just put you in the back of the police car.
He was on a different planet

what's up with the releasing of videos of him. i'm sure it is legal but man, it seems to be in bad taste.

I bet Tiger will go to drug rehab for prescription drugs. It's looking more and more likely he was addicted to these painkillers because of his back pain and mixed some of them up. He doesn't appear to be drunk when he was pulled over just hopped up on pills.

it is a testament to your prescience, you are so far ahead of virtually anyone on these topics, and you have such a unique point of view. I, for one, value your ability to distance yourself from a Partisan such as myself. You are to be commended, sir, for all of your unique insights on topics that have been otherwise reported by actual reporters at length.

This has to be good for Tiger. However that statement doesn't give me the impression he's come to terms with himself and his issues yet. I know I'm an alcoholic, it runs on both sides of my family. I've been fully accepting of this as fact since I was around 18. It allowed me to manage the problem. I hope that "IF" Tiger has a problem he is able to accept it at face value and make good decisions for his future.

I don't think he ever golfs Again at the highest levels competitively. His left side has crumbled and the number of back surgeries (by the best doctors in the world I'm sure) makes me cringe. Back issues were anything is rubbing or pinching your spinal cord are extremely taxing to the nervous system and painful to boot. It's something you can't really get unless you've experienced it.

I hope he pulls through this and finds something else to put his energies in.

Last edited:
This has to be good for Tiger. However that statement doesn't give me the impression he's come to terms with himself and his issues yet. I know I'm an alcoholic, it runs on both sides of my family. I've been fully accepting of this as fact since I was around 18. It allowed me to manage the problem. I hope that "IF" Tiger has a problem he is able to accept it at face value and make good decisions for his future.

I don't think he ever golfs Again at the highest levels competitively. His left side has crumbled and the number of back surgeries (by the best doctors in the world I'm sure) makes me cringe. Back issues where anything is rubbing or pinching your spinal cord are extremely taxing to the nervous system and painful to boot. It's something you can't really get unless you've experienced it.

I hope he pulls through this and finds something else to put his energies in.

Nice post with an interesting perspective. I guess it just makes it all the more impressive what Jack accomplished as he was able to stay healthy, play well and kept it together off the course.

Nice post with an interesting perspective. I guess it just makes it all the more impressive what Jack accomplished as he was able to stay healthy, play well and kept it together off the course.

At this point I think Jack's record will stand forever. The depth of pro golfing world wide is many times what it was in Jack's hay day. I also think with today's technology the golfers are able to see and dissect their swings. They can hit into a net and get accurate feed back data on ball speed, ball flight, carry and spin. Pro's today have a much better grasp of their own games and what works best for them. I am interested to see how some of these guys hold up physically. Most of these guys are in great shape but plenty of them swing incredibly hard. Its very different than the way most players in the past swung the golf club. Guys like Phil who have longer flowing swings without the quick powerful start to the down swing seem to hold up well physically. I watch the lower body on some of these big hitters as they transition into the downswing and through the hitting area wondering how long they can hold up.

Well Tiger managed to finish 72 this week which is a pretty major accomplishment. His driver needs big time work but his putter was really good. Still not sure he will win another major but he might not be done winning tournaments. It will be interesting to watch.

Well Tiger managed to finish 72 this week which is a pretty major accomplishment. His driver needs big time work but his putter was really good. Still not sure he will win another major but he might not be done winning tournaments. It will be interesting to watch.
dumbbell-steroids-needle-10982946.jpg

Finished 27th after barely making the cut. His short game was awesome but couldn't hit fairways.

Finished 27th after barely making the cut. His short game was awesome but couldn't hit fairways.

That playoff was awesome last night.. J day was great. back at at it 11am today. The 3 wood/3 wood on the last hole was great golf by the other dude as well, they were battling

Tiger just needs to play his way through some of these swing issues, just a question if he can stay healthy to do just that. Sounds like he has adjusted to get some more distance back but it is severely compromising his fairways hit and accuracy. Golf if 10,000 times with Tiger out there though. He needs to do a much better job of keeping the ball in play if he wants to get closer to the leaderboard but GD does he grind out there. He looked mentally 1000 times tougher out there than he has past few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom