Time for Rock to get the credit he has earned | Syracusefan.com

Time for Rock to get the credit he has earned

He's a stud. He'll get more looks as the year goes on, but I can see it in 5 years...

Wow; they had Ennis, Grant, Fair AND Christmas?????

Agreed. He could really be a heck of a player as a senior next year. It's just a matter of 1) getting the bulk of the minutes and 2) his staying involved in the game from a mental standpoint. He can sometimes check out mentally if he gets yanked or doesn't get involved early but when he's fully invested from the start...man, he can be very, very solid.

Agreed. He could really be a heck of a player as a senior next year. It's just a matter of 1) getting the bulk of the minutes and 2) his staying involved in the game from a mental standpoint. He can sometimes check out mentally if he gets yanked or doesn't get involved early but when he's fully invested from the start...man, he can be very, very solid.
Next year he will be in in the NBA... The light has turned on. I would take him on the Knicks today as a backup to Chandler

Agreed. Well-deserved...

side_oscar.jpg

oh, come on. HE TEED IT UP FOR ME!!:D

Next year he will be in in the NBA... The light has turned on. I would take him on the Knicks today as a backup to Chandler
Not a chance in hell he'll be in the NBA next year. Absolutely none.

You really fail to see the hilarity of a Duke fan complaining about the theatricality of another player?

Really?

Really?

What theatricality did you see from Duke tonight?

I'll hang up and listen...

What theatricality did you see from Duke tonight?

I'll hang up and listen...
One night versus...well, the last 20 years. Hmm...let's weigh those two things against each other, shall we?

NOD1 said:
What theatricality did you see from Duke tonight? I'll hang up and listen...

Your years taste like victory.

Rak definitely had his head in the game tonight.
Showed some great basketball IQ drawing those fouls, and stayed out of foul trouble himself.
Really showing a lot of progression as a player this season.

and 34 minutes . . . a season high; possibly a career high

Exactly what the NBA wants, an undersized junior center whose only shown good production for less than a year.

Czar said:
Exactly what the NBA wants, an undersized junior center whose only shown good production for less than a year.

He's really a power forward and would be in the league. Watkins got some time in the NBA, no reason Rak couldn't.

Everyone played great tonight. Crazy high level. Rak showed high IQ and intensity tonight, would love to see it more often. We really need it from him. Unfortunately Jimmy didn't have much to say about him after the game, although he did say he liked what he saw from G and Roberson. He said he would have kept G in the game longer, and he thought he was playing really smart, but when Duke went to their zone defense he wanted to bring Cooney back in to force man to man, and he was right.

Baye played great too. He gave Parker some real trouble, blocked him good on some dunks too,

If Rak can play this well against Duke, there's no reason we shouldn't see him play with this much effort throughout the rest of the season. Hope he keeps it up.

These are the kind of team efforts we are really gonna need come April!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom