Tourney Week Tracking | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Tourney Week Tracking

I think the teams wanted to win but the refs made a complete mess of that game.

Horrid officiating. Just bad execution and some poor play by the teams as well.

Seton Hall seems like a douche program. Makes sense, as Willard is the coach.

Actually watched his interview after the game and he conducted himself with incredible restraint given the circumstances.

Actually watched his interview after the game and he conducted himself with incredible restraint given the circumstances.

I'm not a fan of players talking shlit to opposing coaches, and vice versa. The Seton Hall kids seem really mouthy - I have to think that the team's persona is endorsed by the coach

I'm not a fan of players talking shlit to opposing coaches, and vice versa. The Seton Hall kids seem really mouthy - I have to think that the team's persona is endorsed by the coach

I don't know enough about the coach to make a judgment. It was an emotional game. Tempers flare. It happens. When Devo was talking smack were u blaming JB?

I don't know enough about the coach to make a judgment. It was an emotional game. Tempers flare. It happens. When Devo was talking smack were u blaming JB?

Seems like a lot of their guys have this fake tough guy persona. I find the posturing to be a bit lame, that's all.

jncuse i bet my buddy a sixer that Oregon wouldn't make the tourney unless they win tomorrow.
Good bet?

Arizona State is out. No way can they get in after losing to Oregon; a team that's not even on the bubble.

Arizona State is out. No way can they get in after losing to Oregon; a team that's not even on the bubble.
Bracket Matrix has Az St. in at a 10...Maybe that's before yesterday's game.

image.jpg

jncuse i bet my buddy a sixer that Oregon wouldn't make the tourney unless they win tomorrow.
Good bet?

I would say that if they lose they have less than a 5% chance of getting in.

Still some potential chaos out there for bubble teams, but more in terms of bid stealers rather than a team playing itself into an at-large.

Above the Line (entering Yesterday) but not sleeping well
Temple, Arizona St
put themselves in real trouble with a loss to a non tourney team.
The other teams that need to be concerned by bid stealers - NC St, Ohio St, St. John's

Nobody Below the Line is making a run up anymore - That being said the committee tends to pick at least one team below the line.. so if there was no bid stealers I would count on one of Belmont, Indiana, Clenson to get in.

Bid Stealer Possibilities?

Still quite a number out there.
AAC - Memphis & Wichita St trying to win over Houston & Cincinnati (Memphis has home court advantage)
MWC - San Diego St if it beats Utah St
MAC - Bowling Green if it beats Buffalo
PAC 12 - Oregon if it beats Washington

Pretty nuts that Oregon still has a chance to win the Pac-12 given the year they had

Pretty nuts that Oregon still has a chance to win the Pac-12 given the year they had
Yeah, for sure, but they’re coming on strong to the point where I kind of feel like they’re going to get the auto bid.

Saw an interview with the committee chair, and eye test, and who you beat, and where you beat them is getting a lot of attention for the remaining teams not in the field (14 for 9 spots) depending on how conference tourny results shake out... Also when seeding he said they used the "predictive measurements' that are available, when referring to seed lines (and that they lean on it a lot in the room when scrubbing).

Saw an interview with the committee chair, and eye test, and who you beat, and where you beat them is getting a lot of attention for the remaining teams not in the field (14 for 9 spots) depending on how conference tourny results shake out... Also when seeding he said they used the "predictive measurements' that are available, when referring to seed lines (and that they lean on it a lot in the room when scrubbing).
Setting themselves up to let IU in at 17-15 with the who you beat line

Palm just updated his bracket projections.

Has us as a 9 in Midwest with Kentucky the 1, and UNC the 2.

If we takedown kentucky in second round, could have VA tech in first sweet 16 match. Not the path I would hope for.

Louisville with the 7 in in west bracket... Zags 1, Mich 2 and FLA St 3 is no cakewalk either. Doubt Zags would survive that.

2019 NCAA Tournament Bracket Predictions - Bracketology - College Basketball

Last edited:
Great SOS and NCSOS numbers. Great computer metrics. 9 Q1 and Q2 wins. I think they will be left out in the end, but they do have numbers that jump out.

I'm really late to the party this year, but I put together a chart of updated bubble metrics here- TCW Bracketology: Bubble Metrics 3/16
That's fine 500 teams shouldn't be considered.

That's fine 500 teams shouldn't be considered.
I fear it would be the end of Dukie V if a .500 Texas got in and someone like Belmont got left out.

I respect the schedule strength and all, but .500 is .500. They just shouldn't be in.

We want Seton Hall, Utah State, Minnesota to win today.
It increases our chances to fall off the 8-9 line and into the 10 seed line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom