Tourney Week Tracking | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Tourney Week Tracking

With their loss and Central Florida getting demolished, I have a feeling we will jump both in the seeding pecking order. Not sure we make it up to a 7, but it's possible. Ole Miss losing to Bama also helped us there.
Lunardi bumped us to an 8.

Buffalo down 5 at half...would burst another bubble.

Sure they are. They are on the 7 or 8 line before today. Palm has them as a 7 going into today. One loss isn’t dropping them 12-16 positions.

They’re in. You may not like that they’re in, but they are a stone cold lock.
we’ll see

Buffalo down 5 at half...would burst another bubble.

Will be interesting to see if the committee shows the mediocre leagues any love. Many years past being an AAC member for example was worth about -4 in the seed line. Could see similar this year.

San Diego State beating Nevada in the 2nd half. That would be a bid stealer for sure.

Nevada - SDSU tied at 51 with 4:45 left

Nevada looks like dog crap. Another bubble team possibly bites the dust. Utah St. may have been and at large if they lost the final to Nevada, but now USU in the drivers seat for the auto bid. Bottom line I'm not falling for another MWC fraud when I fill out my bracket.

funny that Duke actually has some fouls called against them. Only team they play (UNC) that's called fair.

San Diego State beating Nevada in the 2nd half. That would be a bid stealer for sure.

Depends if Utah St takes out SD St. or not. Utah St was likely getting in as an at-large.

Looks like Temple will lose to Wichita St.

They are probably still in as of now... but are in prime position to lose a spot to any further bid stealer.

Washington survives against Colorado. If Arizona St beats Oregon, the P12 goes chalk, and gets the 2 teams it had entering this week and no bid stealer.

This keeps the 3 ACC #1 seeds possibility open. I think there are six contenders - Duke, UNC, Virginia, Kentucky, Gonzaga, Michigan St. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I still think one is reserved for Michigan St if they make it all the way. (in that scenario I think they take a spot from Gonzaga)

Gonzaga is the big mystery. Some people may know that I am as a big supporter of Gonzaga around here, and that I feel there is many stupidities posted about them. THat being said I think a reasonable argument can be made that they don't deserve that #1 seed this year (but they did in prior years). They had a small sample of elite games which hurt them (usually they have 3 or more top 25 games then this yeas)... and ultimately when you go 1-2 against teams in the #1/#2 seed line, it could cost you.

This keeps the 3 ACC #1 seeds possibility open. I think there are six contenders - Duke, UNC, Virginia, Kentucky, Gonzaga, Michigan St. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I still think one is reserved for Michigan St if they make it all the way. (in that scenario I think they take a spot from Gonzaga)

Gonzaga is the big mystery. Some people may know that I am as a big supporter of Gonzaga around here, and that I feel there is many stupidities posted about them. THat being said I think a reasonable argument can be made that they don't deserve that #1 seed this year (but they did in prior years). They had a small sample of elite games which hurt them (usually they have 3 or more top 25 games then this yeas)... and ultimately when you go 1-2 against teams in the #1/#2 seed line, it could cost you.

Based on the CBS college basketball podcast I was listening to, one of the committee people said 7 teams were in play for a 1; presumably the 6 you mentioned plus Tennessee.

We've talked about it a million times, but how they deal with the NET is going to be super interesting; coming into today Virginia was 1 and Gonzaga was 2, with UVA losing, it's possible Gonzaga passes them. However, Duke is one spot behind them, so they could pass them. Anyway, if Gonzaga is #1 overall in the NET, it might be hard not to give them a 1.

If I had to guess right now, I'm going to say it's Duke/UVA/Gonzaga and whoever wins the SEC. And I think if Duke wins tomorrow night, they are #1 overall

LOL...near the end of the Seton Hall/Marquette game (which I don't think either team really wanted to win), Gus Johnson said "basically, if you touch anyone, you'll be called for a foul". Maybe 2 seconds later, a touch foul was called, and Gus said "come on, that's ridiculous!".

Preach, Gus, preach!

If Tenn beats UK and then wins the SECt I would think they would be in the discussion for a #1 as well.

LOL...near the end of the Seton Hall/Marquette game (which I don't think either team really wanted to win), Gus Johnson said "basically, if you touch anyone, you'll be called for a foul". Maybe 2 seconds later, a touch foul was called, and Gus said "come on, that's ridiculous!".

Preach, Gus, preach!

I think the teams wanted to win but the refs made a complete mess of that game. 85 FTs, eight technicals and three ejections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom