Tracking the Bracket Matrix throughout the Regular Season | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Tracking the Bracket Matrix throughout the Regular Season

I feel like people are underrating how hard these final four are going to be. None of them are easy games. Id take 2-2 right now.

I'm certainly not. I'd take 2-2 right now also. We're going to have to play our best basketball of the season during this stretch. I'd like to think we can beat BC but on the road is never easy. UNC can be very beatable at times this year but they're still a top 15 team. Duke is Duke. I haven't seen Clemson much this year but it's hard to call them a fluke at this point of the year.

14-4 is good enough

While I am not at the 100% lock like you, as I said earlier I do think Nebraska is likely to get in at 14-4.

It’s more because they have no bad losses which probably no other bubble team has rihjt now.

That being said if they had a bad loss to open the B10’tourament it could hurt their argument a lot.

The interesting thing is Nebraska,s final resume will be known before the final tourney week as the BiG plays their tourney one week earlier this year than all the other P5 conferences. They could get heavily discussed.

Extending this weekend's review to last 12 in / first 8 out. All of these teams could fall quickly after 2 straight wins or 2 straight losses (assuming one is good, and one is bad).

This Weekend.

#12 - (Sunday at 4:00) Houston vs Temple (Quad 1)
#11 - (Quad Two Win) Butler Wins vs Providence
#10 - (Quad One Win) Arkansas wins vs Texas Am
#9 - (Quad One Loss) Providence loses at Butler
#8 - (Quad One Loss) Louisville loses vs UNC
#7 - (Quad Three Win) Virginia Tech wins at Georgia Tech
#6 - (Quad Three Win) Kansas St vs Iowa St
#5 - (Quad Two Win) NC St at Virginia Tech
#4 - (Quad Three Win) UCLA vs Oregon
#3 - (Quad One Win) Texas at Oklahoma
#2 - (Quad Four Win) USC vs Oregon St
#1 - (Quad One Win) Baylor vs Texas Tech
-------------------------------------------
#1 - (Quad Three Win) - Washington vs Colorado
#2 - (Quad One Win) - Syracuse at Miami
#3 - (Quad One Win) - St. Bonaventure vs Rhode Island
#4 - Sunday - Nebraska at Illinois (Quad Three)aa
#5 - Sunday - Temple vs Houston
#6 - (Quad Four Win) - Boise St vs Air Force
#7 - Sunday - Penn St at Purdue (Quad One)
#8 - (Quad Three Win) - Utah at Washington St

Last edited:
The best thing that happened today was that we had a Q1 win.

Unfortunately the 12 teams above us in the bracket matrix went 10-2. This included 3 Q1 wins, and the only losses were of Q1 variety. So we didn't really gain much on the pack... certainly not as much as we hoped.

Overall the bubble teams went 14-2 today including 5 Q1 Wins. The bubble is definitely strengthening right now.

The best thing that happened today was that we had a Q1 win.

Unfortunately the 12 teams above us in the bracket matrix went 10-2. This included 3 Q1 wins, and the only losses were of Q1 variety. So we didn't really gain much on the pack... certainly not as much as we hoped.

Overall the bubble teams went 14-2 today including 5 Q1 Wins. The bubble is definitely strengthening right now.
Plus, we gained another Q1 win as Buffalo climbed back above the threshold. And EMU became a Q3 win. So we look like this:

Q1 wins = 3
Q2 wins = 4
Q3 wins = 7
Q4 wins = 4

I feel like people are underrating how hard these final four are going to be. None of them are easy games. Id take 2-2 right now.

Yeah I see us going 1-3. And 2-4 when you count ACC tournament. That would put us at 20-13. Unfortunately I don't think that'll be enough. I think we need a resume builder and steal one from UNC, Duke, or Clemsom

Yeah I see us going 1-3. And 2-4 when you count ACC tournament. That would put us at 20-13. Unfortunately I don't think that'll be enough. I think we need a resume builder and steal one from UNC, Duke, or Clemsom
Yes we need 1 out these 3
North Carolina Clemson or the second round of the tournament one of those three that’s not asking too much

Yes we need 1 out these 3
North Carolina Clemson or the second round of the tournament one of those three that’s not asking too much
Although if we go one and three we might play Tuesday and if we win Tuesday and Wednesday and loss Thursday it would be close

At BC is the biggie. We win that we best Clemson and are in. Lose and we are out. ACCT won't be a factor in my opinion as I see us winning 1 game max

Don’t get why everyone’s assuming we lose to UNC and Duke, but beat BC and Clemson. If anything this season has shown you there’s no script to getting wins. The entire board thought we were losing at Louisville and Miami.

Don’t get why everyone’s assuming we lose to UNC and Duke, but beat BC and Clemson. If anything this season has shown you there’s no script to getting wins. The entire board thought we were losing at Louisville and Miami.
And we were clearly the better team in both games.

That's where I'm at. It seems like we're capable of winning any game or losing any game, so it should be interesting.

The key to our season could well come down to this. Can Rhode Island. Middle Tennessee St and Nevada win the A-10, CUA, and MwC tourney. There are very few conferences exposed to bubble busters this year other than those three, and Mid Tenn St is arguable.

The fact that Wichita St and Creighton are now in major conferences takes the MVC out of play as a bubble buster.

How far can Oklahoma fall? Are they in danger of being locked out? As long as they beat Iowa St at home they are fine. That would mean they finish the season at 1-9.

They have 6 quad one wins, and if they beat Iowa St at home, they would have no bad losses. Even at 17-14, 7-11 in the B12, that is clearly a formula that would get them in.

The key to our season could well come down to this. Can Rhode Island. Middle Tennessee St and Nevada win the A-10, CUA, and MwC tourney. There are very few conferences exposed to bubble busters this year other than those three, and Mid Tenn St is arguable.

The fact that Wichita St and Creighton are now in major conferences takes the MVC out of play as a bubble buster.
yep we haven't even started talking about the dreaded conf tourney bid stealers yet - seems like the aac and a10 are always a danger with that (esp this year) - but yeah the big west is definitely a concern, too - need Nevada to win that sucker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom